over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

red wine

animal71

Banned
I know alcohol is against our motto in bodybuilding, but do you guys drink a bit of red wine here and there to get a kick from the Resveratrol? I found red wine lower my anxiety and relaxes me, a glass/day max. Anyone has red wine experience like me? ;)

My fiancé is fan of red win. I enjoy a glass every now and then. I have a bit of a history with over doing it with alcohol so I limit my drinking quite a bit these days. I've read that there are quite a few benefits from a glass of red wine.

Yep just had a glass of cab to unwind. Red wine is definitely my drink of choice when it comes to alcohol

Love wines, just had a glass of red wine with a beef steak. Yammy.

1 glass Cab everyday with dinner for me.....
It took awhile to get in the habit

Red wine is proven to be healty for you in moderation (1 glass/day) so why not? I like a glass of red wine with my dinner or when i go out with my gf

My wife before she was pregnant would drink 2 glasses of red wine every night .she swears it relaxes her and makes her feel better .and on a side note her cholesterol is always good and Hdl always above 65.

the amount of reservatrol in red wine is tiny.. you would have to drink many glasses to get the benefits

instead eat red grapes, that is where you get the reservatrol

I went through a phase of time where I used to measure out 4 oz of pinot noir every night prior to bedtime. Both for the health benefits and the relaxation benefits. I ended up giving this up when I started a contest prep. I may have to start this up again seeing that the relaxation benefits were great and didn't impact how I felt the next morning.

Definitely love big dry reds. Nothing better with a steak. Very relaxing and it can't hurt you, only benefit in moderation.

One weakness though is summertime barbecue. I love cabs and syrahs, but something about a really well made red sangria that will have you passed out in a lawn chair in no time lol. Not the store bought ultra sweet crap, but something made just sweet enough with the right fruit etc and I'm done. Good times...

I know alcohol is against our motto in bodybuilding, but do you guys drink a bit of red wine here and there to get a kick from the Resveratrol? I found red wine lower my anxiety and relaxes me, a glass/day max. Anyone has red wine experience like me? ;)

I really dont to be honest.I stay away from alcohol as much as i can..its counter productive to our lifestyle.There are supplements out there you can get resvertrol from, if you seek it

Red wine, in moderation, has long been thought of as heart healthy. The alcohol and certain substances in red wine called antioxidants may help prevent heart disease by increasing levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol (the "good" cholesterol) and protecting against artery damage.

While the news about red wine might sound great if you enjoy a glass of red wine with your evening meal, doctors are wary of encouraging anyone to start drinking alcohol. That's because too much alcohol can have many harmful effects on your body.

Still, many doctors agree that something in red wine appears to help your heart. It's possible that antioxidants, such as flavonoids or a substance called resveratrol, have heart-healthy benefits.

How is red wine heart healthy?

Red wine seems to have even more heart-healthy benefits than do other types of alcohol, but it's possible that red wine isn't any better than beer, white wine or liquor for heart health. There's still no clear evidence that red wine is better than other forms of alcohol when it comes to possible heart-healthy benefits.

Antioxidants in red wine called polyphenols may help protect the lining of blood vessels in your heart. A polyphenol called resveratrol is one substance in red wine that's gotten attention.

Resveratrol in red wine

Resveratrol might be a key ingredient in red wine that helps prevent damage to blood vessels, reduces low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol (the "bad" cholesterol) and prevents blood clots.

Most research on resveratrol has been done on animals, not people. Research in mice given resveratrol suggests that the antioxidant might also help protect them from obesity and diabetes, both of which are strong risk factors for heart disease. However, those findings were reported only in mice, not in people. In addition, to get the same dose of resveratrol used in the mice studies, a person would have to drink more than 1,000 liters of red wine every day. Research in pigs has shown that resveratrol may improve heart function and increase the body's ability to use insulin. Again, however, these benefits have not been tested in people.

Some research shows that resveratrol could be linked to a reduced risk of inflammation and blood clotting, both of which can lead to heart disease. More research is needed before it's known whether resveratrol was the cause for the reduced risk. However, one study showed that resveratrol may actually reduce the positive effect of exercise on the heart in older men. It's also important to know that resveratrol's effects only last a short time after drinking red wine, so its effects may not last in the long term.

DRINK UP BOYS!

My wife has a friend that is in her final year of a cardiology fellowship for her phd. She had a glass of red wine almost every night during her 2 pregnancy's with no ill effects.

Red wine is good for you to be honest, good for your heart. They say 2 glasses a day is good

Si Vis Pacem

do you get health tips from cosmo or something?

resveratrol form red wine???

yeah... that's doing something... lol:banghead:

any effects gained from red wine are in all probability from melatonin...

drink some wine cus you like wine, not for resveratrol...

:welcome:

Alcohol in general is good, not just red wine....a beer a day is just as good or a shot of liquor...but no more of course...

Before this whole liver fiasco started my wife and I would go to wineries for tours every weekend and talk with the winemakers and learn about wine and what not... it truly fascinates us. We would have a 2-3 glasses on the weekends but when we start dieting, all wine gets cut out. It is "offseason treat" for us and hopefully, a year or two from now, I will be able to sit down with her and enjoy a glass of wine again because kicking back on our deck or having a picnic in a vineyard with some good wine will let me know that I finally recovered and life can once again return to normalcy :)

Definitely love big dry reds. Nothing better with a steak. Very relaxing and it can't hurt you, only benefit in moderation.

One weakness though is summertime barbecue. I love cabs and syrahs, but something about a really well made red sangria that will have you passed out in a lawn chair in no time lol. Not the store bought ultra sweet crap, but something made just sweet enough with the right fruit etc and I'm done. Good times...

We would make good friends lol

Last year we went to a sangria contest at a winery and oh boy... they were not watered down sangrias! They were some strong yet very easy to drink sangrias and before long, our asses were planted!

I think it would be fine in close monitored moderation. Lots of health benefits,,unless you over do it.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws