YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Red Yeast Rice Lowered My Cholesterol Over 100 points...

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
This past late Aug, early Sept I gave blood. They have a number you can call in a couple days for your cholesterol level (just total, not HDL, LDL, etc)... it was 300 :eek: :(

I started taking RYR, 1400mg (1/2 tsp powder), twice a day. I was off niacin for about a month during that time as well as vitamin D (kept forgetting to re-order). I re-started niacin and VD only 2 weeks ago as well as adding in nattokinase.

After two months, I donated blood again the other day... called for my cholesterol level just now... 169 :D

EDIT: As mentioned in other threads... if you take RYR, you HAVE/NEED to take CoQ10 as well, it lowers these levels (200 mg, QD should suffice, I take it BID though d/t good deals from Puritan Pride)

Last edited:
Thats sounds awesome. Is RDR a supplememnt or actually a rice that you eat. Sorry for my ignorance.

Ya this stuff works wonders I will have to look up my blood tests and post the numbers.

Was similar to your experience though.
I ran it for 45 days before my last blood test and my overall cholesterol was at 150

My numbers before were super high like yours.

I will look them up and get back.

This stuff works great.

By the way I am now also running black tea extract which works in conjunction with red yeast rice.

My numbers will be interesting to see this next test.

War

No...

any significant diet changes in that time?

Hey Rabbit... thanks, I was thinking I should mention that... no, no change, maybe a hair bit more strict, but no added food's, nor in training either.

Very interested in using the red yeast rice. A cardiologist I work with was talking about it. He recomends it for his patients and said it works almost as well as prescribed cholesterol medications. Definitely going to get some.

Red yeast, 8k fish oil and 10,000iu vitaminD is really all you need imo supplement wise to have perfect cholesterol. maybe some regular niacin but it doesnt seem nearly as potent as the others.

Do you take your red yeast with meals? 2x per day? Can you take it with a fat free meal or is it like CoQ10 where you need fat when using the powder.

Red yeast, 8k fish oil and 10,000iu vitaminD is really all you need imo supplement wise to have perfect cholesterol. maybe some regular niacin but it doesnt seem nearly as potent as the others.

Yes, I'm curious as to how it may have helped my HDL levels... VD and the added natto should help with that... niacin is kind of weird, some seem to be "responders" while others don't get that much out of it. I'm on fish oil as well. I do have a script for a full blood panel so hopefully I can see how all these are working together when the numbers get broken down.

Do you take your red yeast with meals? 2x per day? Can you take it with a fat free meal or is it like CoQ10 where you need fat when using the powder.

No, it can be taken by itself, I take it with meals just to help me remember to take it, breakfast/dinner

Double blind studies show that it has and equal effect to statins...Lipitor, Zocor, Crestor, ect. Believe me, the pharmaceutical industry does not want you to know this. It does work best with a clean diet and CoQ10 as well as a glucose tolerance supplement like chromium, vanadium, alpha lipoic acid etc.

That's pretty interesting dude. Glad to see it worked out for you. I was looking into it for my cholesterol issues, but wasn't sure about it until now. I think I might pick some up. Thanks for the post. I've always enjoyed yours :)

Breakdown...

Ya this stuff works wonders I will have to look up my blood tests and post the numbers.

Was similar to your experience though.
I ran it for 45 days before my last blood test and my overall cholesterol was at 150

My numbers before were super high like yours.

I will look them up and get back.

This stuff works great.

By the way I am now also running black tea extract which works in conjunction with red yeast rice.

My numbers will be interesting to see this next test.

War

Yes, if you're able, it would be great to see how your individual numbers were.

I need to give the stuff a try. My overall isn't bad, but HDL is in the crapper. My doc wanted me to use Niacin, but I don't tolerate it well...

thanks for the post..very good information.

This past late Aug, early Sept I gave blood. They have a number you can call in a couple days for your cholesterol level (just total, not HDL, LDL, etc)... it was 300 :eek: :(

I started taking RYR, 1400mg (1/2 tsp powder), twice a day. I was off niacin for about a month during that time as well as vitamin D (kept forgetting to re-order). I re-started niacin and VD only 2 weeks ago as well as adding in nattokinase.

After two months, I donated blood again the other day... called for my cholesterol level just now... 169 :D

EDIT: As mentioned in other threads... if you take RYR, you HAVE/NEED to take CoQ10 as well, it lowers these levels (200 mg, QD should suffice, I take it BID though d/t good deals from Puritan Pride)

Nice job. I start RYR about a month ago. Havent tested yet. using the NOW brand with CoQ10, has some milk thistle in it as well. I'm gonna change to the NOW Red Omega RYR with omega 3 fish oil. :headbang:

THANKS, Myosin.

I appreciate your post. You are a good guy.

just wondering if there are any side effects ?

Yes...

just wondering if there are any side effects ?

Many statin based drugs can cause muscle pains, RYR does not, BUT, like other statin based drugs it does lower CoQ10 levels so you need to supplement that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear