over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reddit vs Forums for AAS Example

Mufasa123

Registered
Newbies
I know a few of us were discussing how forums in general are dying as younger people move to Reddit. The issue there in busy subs is that daily topics move so quickly you may only get a single response or eyes on it. More importantly that person may be an idiot and giving horrible advice.

Below is an example (from a forum which I'd venture has higher experience levels in average than Reddit but still an example of idiocy). Guy laying out his 6 month low dose (350mg test) run and results thinking he should have done better and gets early responses like "test does not thing for muscle besides some water even at 2 grams", how he needs anabolics and then is suggested a cycle with slin and hgh alongside 3-4 AAS. This idiocy doesn't even get questioned until many posts later and nearly page 2. And this is a forum NOT even Reddit. Literally made my brain flip and nearly had to register to ensure this guy didn't get blown up. How can it be this bad... I just don't know.

Kind of a rant but my God.

Reddit is weird, no one has avatars so hard to keep track of who is who. I don't like the format. It is useful though like if I want to read about cluster sets I can Google ",reddit cluster sets" and find tons of info. The r/weightroom is decent but others seem to be newbies.

As for the forum you linked, lmao. That place has 0 people talking about training or diet. It's only AAS talk and mostly TRT. There are more threads about "dialing in my e2 to perfection" and "how infrequently can I possibly pin and my test still work" than about building muscle or losing fat. Their cycles consist of hcg, an ai, And blood pressure meds not test, deca, primo. And your average user is 20% and they consider 15% ripped

Much better here where people count calories and talk about that thing called training.

As an “ old guy “ reddit is new school. Forums you can seam to be a better source of legitimate info. Especially for newbies

I know a few of us were discussing how forums in general are dying as younger people move to Reddit. The issue there in busy subs is that daily topics move so quickly you may only get a single response or eyes on it. More importantly that person may be an idiot and giving horrible advice.

Below is an example (from a forum which I'd venture has higher experience levels in average than Reddit but still an example of idiocy). Guy laying out his 6 month low dose (350mg test) run and results thinking he should have done better and gets early responses like "test does not thing for muscle besides some water even at 2 grams", how he needs anabolics and then is suggested a cycle with slin and hgh alongside 3-4 AAS. This idiocy doesn't even get questioned until many posts later and nearly page 2. And this is a forum NOT even Reddit. Literally made my brain flip and nearly had to register to ensure this guy didn't get blown up. How can it be this bad... I just don't know.

I oversee a small local gym in my town two evenings a week for the owne. The local high school kids come in during the evenings, so I get to overhear some of their conversations. For them it's More Plates More Dates, Bodybuilding & BS, Tren Twins and I'll throw Greg Doucette in because he's been mentioned. This new kids on the block definitely need theatrical entertainment to keep their attention instead of people like Scott McNally and Think Big Bodybuilding or any of the other podcasts that as a general consensus on this board are viewed as providing accurate intellectual information we can trust. It twists my brain hearing these kids say Test is bad and Tren is great, and they want to use Tren by itself. I'm just glad these kids are still too afraid to get their hands on any gear right now.

I oversee a small local gym in my town two evenings a week for the owne. The local high school kids come in during the evenings, so I get to overhear some of their conversations. For them it's More Plates More Dates, Bodybuilding & BS, Tren Twins and I'll throw Greg Doucette in because he's been mentioned. This new kids on the block definitely need theatrical entertainment to keep their attention instead of people like Scott McNally and Think Big Bodybuilding or any of the other podcasts that as a general consensus on this board are viewed as providing accurate intellectual information we can trust. It twists my brain hearing these kids say Test is bad and Tren is great, and they want to use Tren by itself. I'm just glad these kids are still too afraid to get their hands on any gear right now.
I bet those conversations are interesting. I'm guessing they are talking about rir, not over training, not working too hard and "frying the CNS"? Lol.

Seems like every kid in my gym follows Paul Carter. They had to replace the cables because 160 lb 13% kids were wearing them out doing one handled cable press downs to isolate the long head. Next they will have to replace the rear pec Dec too.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I would say the current trend of having algorithms running these search engines where money sets the standard without an intelligent moral compass guiding it definitely steers unsuspecting people in the wrong direction. So, whoever is willing to fork out the most money can have their link at the top of the page in a search on anyone of the browsers. To me it's how much money are you willing to invest into marketing to get your content out there.

I remember in junior-high I bought Arnold Encyclopedia of Body Building. I read it from cover to cover. I had both subscriptions to Flex and Muscle and Fitness magazine and again, read cover to cover. I eventually found BB forums which AAS was more talked about. Its funny to think before the forums some of us read these books and also the magazines of the time to get our "knowledge".

I still have the Arnold book. I should read through it a little to see if there is that would be considered funny and just wrong by today's standards.

I bet those conversations are interesting. I'm guessing they are talking about rir, not over training, not working too hard and "frying the CNS"? Lol.

Seems like every kid in my gym follows Paul Carter. They had to replace the cables because 160 lb 13% kids were wearing them out doing one handled cable press downs to isolate the long head. Next they will have to replace the rear pec Dec too.
These kids never go to failure, on anyone of their sets. They come in for a pump and then a couple of the bigger kids, the top daugs, start posing and have one of the other kids take pics of them, I suppose to post on one of the social media platforms. I interjected during one of the conversations but with the dumbass response I got I just keep to myself now.

My assumption is that forums aren't dishing out the funds to be at the top of the search algorithm, but Reddit is.

I remember in junior-high I bought Arnold Encyclopedia of Body Building. I read it from cover to cover. I had both subscriptions to Flex and Muscle and Fitness magazine and again, read cover to cover. I eventually found BB forums which AAS was more talked about. Its funny to think before the forums some of us read these books and also the magazines of the time to get our "knowledge".

I still have the Arnold book. I should read through it a little to see if there is that would be considered funny and just wrong by today's standards.
I definitely think that it does new guys a disservice the amount of drug and medicine talk on forums relative to training and diet. Most of these kids could probably name 5 different anti e or know the difference between pharma and Chinese gh before they learn to count calories or take a set of barbell curls to failure lol

My assumption is that forums aren't dishing out the funds to be at the top of the search algorithm, but Reddit is.

Nah, it's just Reddit accounts for a massive portion of web traffic - it's in the top 10 most visited sites worldwide. This alone puts it at the top of any websearch algorithm

I definitely think that it does new guys a disservice the amount of drug and medicine talk on forums relative to training and diet. Most of these kids could probably name 5 different anti e or know the difference between pharma and Chinese gh before they learn to count calories or take a set of barbell curls to failure lol

To be fair, when I started hitting the iron, I had no mentors and nobody wanting to discuss it with some kid. I was all about the drugs because I didn’t know better. I think most gloss over the nutrition aspect because they don’t know any better, I know I didn’t.

Be a great way to thin morons from the gene pool

Yeah, when I was a teen, I also had Arnold Encyclopedia of Body Building and other books put out at the time, including Mike Mentzer's books, I even got my hands on Duchaine's handbooks.
I got an old battered copy of the original hardcore bodybuilding by bob kennedy and devoured every snippet in it. I always remember reading about Roy Callendar who would train 6hrs per day iirc.

I also got a photocopy of Dan duchaine underground steroid handbook but had to hide it from my parents as I was around 17 at the time 🤣

Yeah. I would scour Flex, MM2K for obscure training books.

I got an old battered copy of the original hardcore bodybuilding by bob kennedy and devoured every snippet in it. I always remember reading about Roy Callendar who would train 6hrs per day iirc.

I also got a photocopy of Dan duchaine underground steroid handbook but had to hide it from my parents as I was around 17 at the time 🤣
Yeah, I regret not holding on to everything I acquired as a teenager that related to BB. I would definitely view it as collectable. I don't remember how many different underground handbooks Duchaine put out, but I had 3 or 4 different copies with varying info covered. I really wish I had kept them, they were small, something like 5"x8" or 6"x9" booklets that were typed out with hand drawn illustrations, if I recall right, that's like 35+ years ago I picked those up. I also had some personally autographed pictures of Danny Padilla and other bodybuilders of the 80's, my favorite was my personally autographed picture of Tom Platz. Haven't seen any of it in decades, my parents got divorced when I was 18 and everything got turned upside down and haven't seen any of it since.

Loved the old guides. I think I remember Dan saying not to ever use Trenbolone Acetate (finajet) as it was psychoactive but that tren hex (parabolan) was fine... For real I'm 99% positive it was him or someone else who wrote one of the published guides. Always remembered that.

Just saying we've come a long way! Then again that original link I posted...oh well.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131