over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Refeed/ cheat meal

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
My refeed went really good yesterday. I am going out next weekend and was wondering if it's a bad idea to do a refeed with a cheat meal? On my cheat meal I will make smart choices. I won't be eating pizza, sweets or anything like that. Just not my usual typical food or should I eat my normal food and have a cheat meal?
Thanks!

Last edited:
My refeed went really good yesterday. I am going out next weekend and was wondering if it's a bad idea to do a refeed with a cheat meal? On my cheat meal I will make smart choices. I won't be eating pizza, sweets or anything like that. Just not my usual typical food or should I eat my normal food and have a cheat meal?
Thanks!

No one can possibly answer this. It all dEpends upon your goals and where you are at now. Meaning do you have a show in 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks etc. Are you even competing... some guyS seem to act super serious (weighing food, 1 cheat meal per week or 2, 2 hours training per day) and they are 15% wanting to get down to 12%.

It's all depends upon your progress and would you benefit from a cheat meal. People would need to see pics and basically have followed you over time (a coach). Plus like the above mentions how serious are you doing things and could it negatively effect your prep if you do. Plus again some people need to lighten up as they live like a bodybuilding hermit when they don't need to.

I just had some pics done and had a cheat day and I will have a few more as relaxing this week. But I went way overboard and didn't stop. Probably about 7000 calories in 1 day and 5000 were carbs. 2000 were fat and 1000 protein. I just ate a massive container of paella (about 500g carbs), box of cookies, box of shortbread biscuits, 2 yoghurts, bowl of rice krispies, peanut/almond butter, eggs with bacon on pancakes and honey, toasted bagels with honey, jam and marmalade etc :eek::D

Last edited:
5000 + 2000 + 1000 = 7000 = carb coma :eek::D

Ok I meant 8000 :p

I ended the day with steak and sweet potatoe so it wasn't all bad :eek:

Only thing with a junk cheat meal is i tend to go overboard and I can't stop eating, doesn't mean I don't but I normally start late for that reason.

You don't need to have a cheat 'meal' every week, sometimes i just have some extras over the weekend period, sometimes nothing if I haven't hit my target weight, it shouldn't be a necessity just because you stuck your diet but shouldn't deprave yourself either if you have something on unless you have an important target to hit.

Yes. I agree. No one can answer your question except u.

I don't compete and my goals are different.

I response better to a re-feed then a cheat meal.

Re-feeds (300-400 carbs) recharges me and fill my muscle glycogen. The next day, i feel fuller and within the next 2-3 days, i loose a little weight.

No one can possibly answer this. It all dEpends upon your goals and where you are at now. Meaning do you have a show in 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 10 weeks etc. Are you even competing... some guyS seem to act super serious (weighing food, 1 cheat meal per week or 2, 2 hours training per day) and they are 15% wanting to get down to 12%.

It's all depends upon your progress and would you benefit from a cheat meal. People would need to see pics and basically have followed you over time (a coach). Plus like the above mentions how serious are you doing things and could it negatively effect your prep if you do. Plus again some people need to lighten up as they live like a bodybuilding hermit when they don't need to.

I just had some pics done and had a cheat day and I will have a few more as relaxing this week. But I went way overboard and didn't stop. Probably about 7000 calories in 1 day and 5000 were carbs. 2000 were fat and 1000 protein. I just ate a massive container of paella (about 500g carbs), box of cookies, box of shortbread biscuits, 2 yoghurts, bowl of rice krispies, peanut/almond butter, eggs with bacon on pancakes and honey, toasted bagels with honey, jam and marmalade etc :eek::D

Yes. I agree. No one can answer your question except u.

I don't compete and my goals are different.

I response better to a re-feed then a cheat meal.

Re-feeds (300-400 carbs) recharges me and fill my muscle glycogen. The next day, i feel fuller and within the next 2-3 days, i loose a little weight.

Same here....one day a week I have a re-feed with a ton of carbs....typically after I have trained at least 3 days in a row. The next day is a rest day where I re-feed, and the day after is my leg training day. Otherwise I don't think I would make it all the way through my leg routine.

I really don't crave bad foods a lot, but when I do it's usually something to do with being spicy. About once every 3 weeks I hit up this Mexican Buffet in my area. I do pretty good as I do eat the "grilled" chicken soft tacos....but I think I completely destroy their weekend stock on the their Salsa and Chip bar!

Something about Salsa just sets me off on a bad path....I could drink the stuff from my bowl with just a chip here or there. The hotter the better!!

I try to keep my fat and protein to a minimum on re-feed meals.

I'll have several large pancakes. Roughly around 200-300g of carbs from fast acting carbs. Lots of sugar.

Personally my favorite "cheat meal" is a big ass rib eye 16-18oz , 10-12oz sweet potatoes. I make it a family meal where the wife and kid go out and have a nice formal dinner.

If I'm having a refeed/carb up meal I go to IHop and eat 7-8 pancakes with a some eggs , then get 8 pancakes to go and eat them a couple hrs later then 2 cups white rice with 6 tablespoon strawberry jelly a couple hrs after that.

:eek: DId you spend the whole next day on the shitter?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131