over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Refeed day?

digbick

Registered
I am wondering that if your diet does have carbs in it,for me currently i have about 250g of carbs in my diet,all from oatmeal and brown rice,do i need a weekly refeed day?currently about 10%bf

thanks

250 grams is low for some and high for others can't answer that question with that info . If your going flat yes if your maintaining fullness and stamina training no

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Two consecutive days a week at maintenance or slightly above is needed to reverse any metabolic adaptations which occurs

thats a very vague question.
if you are 275 pounds at 10% and your protein and fats are on the low side then a weekly "refeed" may be needed.

if your 175lbs at 10% and you have 300g Protein then you probably do not need a refeed.

what are your current stats
what kind of training do you do
what does your protein and fat intake look like

Advantages of two day refeeds

This has fortunately been in the spotlight recently, and something a previous coach and myself has had great results from.
Truth is its been around for ages, look at the CKD with the weekend carb ups which tend to become binge fests lol, or any of the numerous diets that evil monkey lyle has produced.... even RFL has a 2+ day refeed period towards the end :)
Typically refeeds are done when an individual feels like it (more "advanced" method) or when a person has "high days" during their weekly carb cycle ie. low, low, med, low, med, low, HIGH...
If structured correctly the individual will end out the day with higher energy, a full belly, and a deep restful sleep for the night due to the serotonin high.

Few weeks go by, and that one day refeed has less and less of an effect... Calories get lower, cardio gets higher to offset the reduction of NEAT (fidget cube anyone), life just starts to suck, especially for smaller females who may need at times to dip below 1k cals
The area one day refeeds lack is the reversal of metabolic adaptations which occur due to a deficit. One day of over feeding, even at 2x maintenance does has little effect on the individuals hormones.
This in turn raises stress hormones such as cortisol, which can cause the individual to hold water, and ends up causing more stress lol
Can lower testosterone levels, lack of sex drive anyone... And do i even have to mention hunger?
while the use of supplementation can mitigate the negative which may occur from an extended deficit many don't want to necessarily go that route.. nor is it needed for 99% of the population just trying to look good naked

Extended refeeds of 48+ hours however can reverse the majority of adaptations that are encountered...
This involves just eating at maintenance or slightly above for a two day period...
This may allow an individual to extend their dietary period due to not burning out, along with reducing the need of extended diet breaks for the duration.
Anecdotally the need of dietary adjustments are minimized with many only needing one or two across an 8-12 week period
Towards the end of a dieting period adding a third consecutive day or even a mid week spike would be beneficial as well
I can go into further detail in a later post on various setups

Slow restoration of LH pulsatility by refeeding in energetically disrupted women | Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018593/

Flexible Aesthetics: Advantages of two day refeeds

sorry...stats currently are

170cm (5'7")
190lbs
bf 10%

daily intake as follow

280-300g protein
250g carbs
not sure about fats very minimal probably 40 grams from 3-4 egg yolks in my breakfast in the morning and 8.5oz beef in my 3rd meal....

So subjective. It's nearly impossible to say without knowing all your goals and how well what you're currently doing is working. I would say that ocassionally refeeds can be helpful

250 carbs...???

sounds like you are refeeding everyday then.....:lightbulb:

Two consecutive days a week at maintenance or slightly above is needed to reverse any metabolic adaptations which occurs

2 days? Research?

this is what worked for me in the past.
First it depends on your weight. muscle mass and metabolism.
if you're at 250 C, I would double it and do 500 for one day. Low fat as possible.

Last show I refeeded twice a week with 500g of carbs. my metabolism was on fire and still got stage ready.
2 things that sucks about it, you can't track your progress due to holding water and can't keep track of weight. moral of story; I wouldn't do that again, but if you're just want to lose weight and you don't have a set date to get inshape; go for it

gloves and refeeds are for pussies....

:cool:

Advantages of two day refeeds

This has fortunately been in the spotlight recently, and something a previous coach and myself has had great results from.

Truth is its been around for ages, look at the CKD with the weekend carb ups which tend to become binge fests lol, or any of the numerous diets that evil monkey lyle has produced.... even RFL has a 2+ day refeed period towards the end :)

Typically refeeds are done when an individual feels like it (more "advanced" method) or when a person has "high days" during their weekly carb cycle ie. low, low, med, low, med, low, HIGH...

If structured correctly the individual will end out the day with higher energy, a full belly, and a deep restful sleep for the night due to the serotonin high.

Few weeks go by, and that one day refeed has less and less of an effect... Calories get lower, cardio gets higher to offset the reduction of NEAT (fidget cube anyone), life just starts to suck, especially for smaller females who may need at times to dip below 1k cals

The area one day refeeds lack is the reversal of metabolic adaptations which occur due to a deficit. One day of over feeding, even at 2x maintenance does has little effect on the individuals hormones.

This in turn raises stress hormones such as cortisol, which can cause the individual to hold water, and ends up causing more stress lol

Can lower testosterone levels, lack of sex drive anyone... And do i even have to mention hunger?

while the use of supplementation can mitigate the negative which may occur from an extended deficit many don't want to necessarily go that route.. nor is it needed for 99% of the population just trying to look good naked

Extended refeeds of 48+ hours however can reverse the majority of adaptations that are encountered...

This involves just eating at maintenance or slightly above for a two day period...

This may allow an individual to extend their dietary period due to not burning out, along with reducing the need of extended diet breaks for the duration.

Anecdotally the need of dietary adjustments are minimized with many only needing one or two across an 8-12 week period

Towards the end of a dieting period adding a third consecutive day or even a mid week spike would be beneficial as well

I can go into further detail in a later post on various setups

Slow restoration of LH pulsatility by refeeding in energetically disrupted women | Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018593/

Flexible Aesthetics: Advantages of two day refeeds

That's interesting

250 carbs...???

sounds like you are refeeding everyday then.....:lightbulb:

No kidding that's what I'm thinking. I'm at about 150 training days and none on non training days. In fairness that's mostly because I feel better eating that way.

Sounds like rapid fatloss to me

nope....you got it all wrong...

sooooo, you refeed and what.....??? up the cardio....??? lol

sounds like insanity to me....

No you don't. You refeed, you increase your metabolism, sex drive, testosterone, mood.. ect.

refeed and cheat meals are different.

My maintenance is about 4250 loli can diet on a lot of carbs

ok...refeed away...lol

good luck on the show...

:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads