over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Registered Mail?

Chuck999

FOUNDING Member
Registered
May just be my natural paranoid traits, but thought I'd post this and see if anyone else has ever experienced this or heard of it. I ordered some Ambien to help get some quality sleep from one of those outfits on the net where you pay $30 extra for a "doctors prescription". Yesterday in my mailbox I had a notice from the Post Office that I had a "large envelope" sent by "registered mail" that I needed to pick up at the post office and sign for. I figured it was the Ambien and since it was one of those doctors prescription deals and fairly low level stuff - Ambien - I wasn't too concerned about it. Normally I would never sign for anything. I just got back from the PO and picked it up. What has me a little spooked is the fact that although there is no indication whatsoever that the package had been opened, there is also no indication that it was sent by anything other than normal mail, On the outside of the package was written "R001" and circled in pen. It came from Costa Rica. I checked the "pharmacys" website and they say they send everything regular mail.

If they opened the damn thing and resealed it they did one hell of a good job - its one of those padded mailer envelopes, and I checked it out pretty good and really don't see how they could possibly have opened it. Without opening it and seeing whats in it they wouldn't have any basis for a search warrrant. Also of course this stuff is just Ambien and usually the worse they would do with that is just send a seizure letter, assuming they even looked at it. Also, if they are serious about something they usually make a controlled delivery, not just leave a note in the mailbox. (I was home all day that day, but our mailman never tries to deliver anything that you have to sign for, even parcel post, just leaves a notice in the mail box.) Still its got me a little worried. Got a call in to Rick Collins, but thought I'd post this and see if anybody has ever heard of anything like this.

Hmmm

If you made it out of the post office with the package then I'd say your cool. They would have had inspectors there waiting on ya. I know, I had a bud with a package at the post office for 2 days and he finally gave in and went to get it, well they got him as well. He didn't get into much trouble though. Boy, they spent probably 2 days waiting on his ass up there and he just got probation and a small fine. I don't see the payoff there. They could have been out stopping some crackheads or something.

I talked to my old mail carrier once and he said it had alot to do with the carrier as if to leave it or have you come in to get it most of the time he said it was to cover their own arse with international mail ,I have had this happen a couple of times with mail that wasnt registered ,I really wouldnt worry about it.

Thanks for the help guys! I talked with Rick and he said basically the same thing. Everything I'm familiar with is like you guys said - in that kind of situation usually they do whatever they are going to do right then, and don't wait. Probably what bloded said about it being international mail was what caused the registered mail deal. . Also although you never know what they are going to do it would be a little unusual to go to that much trouble for 30 Ambien. I always just figure a little paranoia is probably healthy! And like canino said, its just crazy that they waste time on this stuff anyway rather then using the time chasing the crack or herion dealers - I guess the deal is they know its unlikely that a guy using AS (or Ambien, for that matter) will start shooting at them or something, since most of us are totally law-abiding taxpaying citizens except for the crazy laws in this area - makes for an easy "danger free" bust. BTW - I talked with him a little about his book - it is going to be real kick-ass! I don't want to go into to much detail but he's going to have a couple of quotes from me in there (no name - just the fact that I'm a lawyer who used to work for the other side - of course so long ago that we never even heard of this stuff and wouldn't have bothered with it even if we did!) Since MikeS is going to be in there too, we have two guys from this site quoted in his book.

Glad you feel better Chuck I know the toll something like this will take on your nerves

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear