over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rehab is a lonely place

biggTdogg

Registered
Pretty down right now. I'm writing this more just for myself and trying to keep my mind connected to bodybuilding. By rehab, I mean physical rehab. We've all have injuries that have held us out of the things we love. I myself had my biceps tendon re-attached 4 weeks ago. I can start to use my hand a little, but it feels like lifting is an eternity away. Still going to the gym doing cardio and some leg machines, but obviously it kills me to feel so weak and helpless in the gym. I've lost about 20lbs so far since the injury :( I'm just using a trt dose or test and gh.

For anyone going through this, I feel your pain.

Don't get down on yourself. You will bounce right back and muscle memory will kick right in. I broke my femur a few years ago right before summer laid up all summer. When cast came off could not believe how small leg was and how much weight I lost. It took a year but I bounced back.

Pretty down right now. I'm writing this more just for myself and trying to keep my mind connected to bodybuilding. By rehab, I mean physical rehab. We've all have injuries that have held us out of the things we love. I myself had my biceps tendon re-attached 4 weeks ago. I can start to use my hand a little, but it feels like lifting is an eternity away. Still going to the gym doing cardio and some leg machines, but obviously it kills me to feel so weak and helpless in the gym. I've lost about 20lbs so far since the injury :( I'm just using a trt dose or test and gh.

You will come back stronger then ever.

Man, I can feel your pain. After having three pretty bad bike wrecks in my life, I have come to accept physical therapy as a road block to overcome and look forward to

Im rehabbing myself right now, 12 weeks without any lifting, sucks but youll get through it brother.

I have been there a few times. You just have to stay determined and focused. You will be back.

You will come back stronger then ever.

Agreed, I have had two major sets of injuries and each time I came back way better. But I feel your pain bro, it sucks for the time you are down and you watch your hard work eek away- just trust the process man.
You will be back.

You get through it. My buddy tore his and at it hard 6 months. Im still at physical therapy for back and neck surgeries and need two more. I won't be lifting for another year. Just cardio and PT.HHang in there and u may have to learn accept u might not be able go heavey certain things.

Sorry about your injury.

When ever I get down about an injury etc, I always try to remind myself that a lot of people out there have it a lot worse than me.

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I'll offer the following:

On January 7th, I had the following 5 procedures done: Bicep Tenodesis (cut and reattached my bicep tendon); Distal Clavicle Excision (cut 1/8" off my collar bone); SLAP Tear repaired (torn labrum); Bones spurs cleaned up; Subacromial Decompression...

That was 6 months ago... and I still hurt, mostly when laying on - i.e. when sleeping... I get out of bed in the morning, not because I've slept enough, but rather, because I hurt too much to continue laying there...

On a positive note: my bicep strength has nearly returned to it's pre-operation state... Rehab has been slow, but my advice is to simply hang in there... you will get better, you will get stronger... and as fucking gay as this may sound: having a positive attitude will do worlds of wonder to your healing and recovery... This I believe is true... and I believe this simply because I have had the worst, the most negative attitude - and my healing/ recovery - has been slow as hell... I walk around totally pissed and angry most of the time - and this sucks for me and those around me...

Like you, I'm probably writing this more for me than for anyone else...

Wishing you a speedy recovery,

D.

You will be fine!

Stay strong bro, you'll be fine, been there!
God bless you!

Get well soon, Bro!

It's certainly no fun to be injured and have to take an extended break from lifting, but in the long run, this will be a very short time in your life. You'll be back to the grind in no time! Best of luck and let it heal properly!!

In blew a rotator cuff last year. Just focused on squats,cardio and diet for a while and got real lean. Rebounded nice and probably ended up a lot better off for it. It's now my stronger side for some reason too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Bigg T hang in there. Things will get better.

Drift I had all the same done to my shoulder but not the tendon reattachment.
But now dr says he has to go back in and do that. I wish he would of done from the start cause now I'm gonna be out of commission for another 4 months.:mad::banghead:

I'm thinking of tb500 but not sure if before or after.

Keep positive. Yes, it could be a lot worse like IronManRep says.

Ton

Very sorry to hear this. Injuries suck. I have certainly had my share over the years. Some minor, some major. But, I have been around gyms a long time and virtually everyone I have known that was a long-term serious lifter, has been injured at some point. I look at dealing with injuries as another part of this lifestyle. Its something most of us deal with at some point. You have to approach it with the same attitude as you do with all other aspects of this sport. Keep your eye on your future goal and keep mentally strong. You WILL get back. Where you are now is temporary.

Hang in there. One of my training partners dealt with the very same injury that you have a couple years ago and he is back in the gym as good as new.

I feel for ya...just be patient. I had a shoulder issue for almost 3 years before I really decided to buckle down and do a rehab myself performing certain exercises and stretches etc and then I saw a post by Dante about the broomstick exercise and BAM...that one movement practically cured it. So now I perform daily exercise and stretches and feel great. So you will come back, and you will heal but I do think the positive from this is you will train different and maybe that's a good thing, I don't know. I know I am training smarter now and being drug free I'm making decent gains. Good luck to you.

in the last 2 years i too have been in rehab twice.
once for severely torn quadriceps (all 4) and once for 90% tear of the distal biceps tendon.

it was months before i was able to even do an air squat. the rehab was long but just over 1 year after the tear i broke my 1rm back squat by 20 lbs and my front squat 1rm by 35lbs!

the distal biceps tear was on dec 28th. 12 weeks of rehab on the bicep and i was back able to do most exercises at moderate weight. its been 7 months now and i have no pain or restrictions.

keep your head up and focus on other body parts. when my quad was torn i (obviously) only worked upper body and was able to put on some nice size in my chest shoulders and arms. whn my biceps was injured i squated 2x/week (heavy) for 14 weeks and brought my sqat number up above where they were and put some nice size on my legs. take this time to focus on lagging body parts.

im 43 years old. and have come to the realization that my body may not tolerate some of the things it used to . i try to lift smarter but im a sucker for going heavy. i love olympic lifting and throwing around a heavy bar gets me fired up.

Lifes a Bitch but what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger!

Just started walking again after 2 weeks on crutches. 1st thing I realized is you cant carry anything while on them. Everything needs to be brought to you or already there. Really A helpless feeling.

JUst had our 4th of July party and one of my dearest friends from my youth came. At 16 hit a tree and broke his neck 1st time on a Harley, 28 yrs a paralysed from the neck down and still one of the best attitudes for living I know.
Makes my torn hammy seem like a scratch!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws