over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rejoined Old Gym-13 Years Later

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I recently moved my office and joined a new gym right down the street that I used to be a member of 13 years ago. I worked out there for about 8 or ten years.

It is like walking into a time capsule, because over the last three weeks I have seen and recognized probably ten to fifteen people training from back then. A couple of things stand out. The guys that are in my age range (45-55) have mostly gotten smaller, leaner, and look more physically fit, even though they have aged thirteen years. The guys that were in there twenties are for the most part much thicker and heavier.

Understand that this is more of an "athletic club" than true gym, but these individuals have obviously been training in the same spot for thirteen years so they are pretty dedicated.

The guys a little older than me (especially one doctor that was juicing) that were hitting it hard have pretty much all backed off. The aforementioned doctor had a heart failure within a year of when I had mine and has recovered similary. Still in heart failure, but highly funtional. Heavy Squats, Deads, no longer exist. He is on TRT and has dropped thirty pounds. Its just odd to see this former beast look "normal" after so many years. I never new what he looked like "normal".

The individual I trained with the most was a very lean 6'4 245, but looked huge due to year round freakish bodyfat percentage. He is now about 220 and looks tiny but super fit. If you did not know him before you would still think he is rocked. BTW he is 100% natural, just has crazy genetics.

It is just such a time warp. Have any of you had this type experience?

The nice thing about moving my office, I built out my new one with a workout room with a few pieces and cardio equipment. I also have a full kitchen for meals, a grill, and I built out a full bedroom and bath with a shower and hot tub.

It is as nice as my house. I often get in some cardio, stretching and a few light dumbell routines during the day. This is probably my last office and I wanted to do it right. It is much smaller than the building I sold so I could afford to splurge a little bit.

Hey PW, good to see you around here.

My last "hardcore-iron pit" gym closed 10 years ago. I occasionally bump into some old members, and like you have seen, virtually all those monsters are smaller and leaner/ or just fatter/ and all are a tad older looking too. I'll see the former gym owner from time to time and he'll say he wants to reopen that gym. I jokingly tell him, please don't, I'll be in a wheelchair if I continued to train like I did in those days.

I wouldn't trade those times for anything though. Tons of great memories over 17 the years from that iron pit that I will take to my grave. Its just that at 59 now, everyone in the gym looks really young these days. :eek:

Hey PW

good to see you around again, cant say Ive had that experience but I do know what ya mean and can imagine it, just wanted to say Hi

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131