over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Relationships with untrained women?

Viva51

Registered
Hey guys,

I would like to get everyone opinion on the likelihood of a relationship lasting with a girl that is not particularly savvy about working out?

I know that it is possible to have relationship with a girl that is not heavily into exercising, and that there are more things to a relationship than just working out.

However, this is Pro M! And I want to know how detrimental a relationship with a girl that would like to exercise more, eat healthier, and not drink as much. Actually be to a bodybuilder/Athlete?

I know it all depends on the person. But would being in in a relationship like that pull you guys away from working out and get you into bad diet habits, lack of training, etc.?

Or do some guys really not care either way?

As for me, I've dated both. And I feel there are positives and negative to each.

Like I said, just thought it would be interesting to hear some opinions on this.

Thanks guys.

Sounds like u r worried bout the wrong thing.i mean is she 350lbs,or what?my girl works out but not like i do.shes not on supplements or anything ,which i like ,i dont want her digging in my stash,to much $.:star-;ars

I hear ya bro. Def not 350. More like a solid 500 lbs! Haha! I think I'd throw up!

Just curious on everyone opinions that's all.

Well this is my 2 cc on the subject. My ex and I were together for about 8 years. She was always in good shape...geneticly girted...never worked out...or even diet...now for the most part she ate clean tho....she was supportive of me competing but would never come to the gym with me or anything.

My current girlf is my training partner...and honestly the best one I ever had....she works 60 hours a week most weeks as a nurse. She never misses a training day...or cardio session...always eats every piece of food I tell her too.....

Its so nice having someone who understands this life style...and she loves it...she pushes me so hard in the gym...my training is the best its been in years.

Would it be a deal braker if my girl didnt work out or eat proper? Not at all...but I am blessed that she is....love it!!!

Good luck bro

the gym is just one aspect of life. sure, it would be great to have that in common, but in no way should that be a deal-maker/breaker

Honestly.. all depends on the girl, basically if she is understanding/supportive or a selfish bitch(to put it lightly lol). Even if the girl works out, she might still not understand if you compete... if you don't you can live life a little more freely, but I know I am sure you want to eat clean and not miss workouts and such. Some girls are all about "me me me", even if they workout, they still want everything for them. A girl can be a perfect girlfriend if she doesn't go to the gym, if she understands that this is your thing and you love it so she has no problems with it.

No fat chicks allowed

mine stays out of the gym

My wife of 22yrs has been in the gym 1time with. Did get her on a 3month walk/run with me last year, but she gave up. We have been together since JUNIOR high, 8th grade. She is not atheletic, and has no desire to work out. We have a great relationship, she does not interfere with my gym time. She loves the fact I look decent shape for my age. She is not in great shape but is about 150 pounds. She is happy with herself and so am I. We have only healthly food in our casa so that helps her. Every relationship is different,but we don't love each other because of our workout habits (or her lack of).
Just my few thoughts of course,,,,,, ultimatley we as individuals decide how we react to Things. My bride and I choose to support each other.

it really shouldn't matter where she is an untrained female or not. bodybuilding is a hobby for 99% of the people on here. Now if this was your only source of income and your JOB, i would say that finding a partner who is at least interested in fitness and nutrition will help.

BUT, bodybuilding is an interest. It is like saying, "my wife doesn't like NFL Football so i don't know if its going to work out"

My long time g/f isn't a huge gym head like me. I mean she works out maybe 1-2 times a week, not particularly strict on her diet but that isn't messing me up. You don't automatically pick up your partners habits so don't worry.

I find that most women are neutral about the whole nutrition/diet/bodybuilding thing.

my gf isnt into the health side of things,

working out

dieting, etc

but she understanding so helps me out weneva im doing my roids, injections, diets etc

she also drinks occasionaly, eats fatty food etc, and i love it coz it gets me to enjoy some of the pleasures in life aswell and brings me back to reality

plus shes fukin sexy, so she can do wateva she wants and eat wateva she wants long as she stays looking the way she does

btu second she starts looking chubby shes gonna be going gym with me, and eating my chicken breast

It's a must for me.
Lifting is not my life, but taking care of myself (diet and exercise) are a huge part of my lifestyle. If I plan on staying with someone for life, they better take care of themselves too.

for me, it's not that they have to engage in the lifestyle choices I've made but they have to accept that it's the choice I've made. I don't need a girl to love all my hobbies just accept they're part of my life and not make them an issue, if they start complaining about gym time, ever changing macros and cals, extra curriculars then I know the ends near. I'm certainly not gonna be into everything a chicks into but I know enough to let her have her shit, I just ask for the same courtesy.

for the guys who train with your women, you guys are saints I don't know how you do it. I'm not one of those guys who hates spending time with his woman or anything but some things are just me time, the gym, golf course tennis court, just most sports in general unless my womans competency level in those arenas is on my par with my own. It just drives me nuts. I spent summers as a tennis instructor so maybe my patience has just been worn out lol

for the guys who train with your women, you guys are saints I don't know how you do it. I'm not one of those guys who hates spending time with his woman or anything but some things are just me time, the gym, golf course tennis court, just most sports in general unless my womans competency level in those arenas is on my par with my own. It just drives me nuts. I spent summers as a tennis instructor so maybe my patience has just been worn out lol

Yeah, I agree with this. My wife and I exercise but on our own at different times of the day. Neither one of us wants to work out together. For the two of us it works better that way.

My wife and I have been together 24 years, married 18. We met in a gym we both worked at during college. She was a knockout, but mainly due to genetics, since she half-assed worked out, ate what she wanted, etc. Didn't mind my gym time too much then, wasn't crazy about me competing, but supported it (1990 then). As long as she got the bulk of the attention from others, she was okay.
Fast forward to the present. Her lack of good eating habits and lack of consistent exercise has landed her not where she wants to be in terms of bodyweight. In contrast, I have only missed working out, since we met, for understandable reasons, so, very consistent for the entire time. I'm actually getting ready for a show next weekend, and announced it unexpectedly to her last week ... she said she will not participate or support at all. Again, it boils down to this, if she's getting the attention, all is fine, if she's getting none, then she has a problem with it.
You have to dig deep to decide if she's the right one. Like me, in the beginning it was all good, even 10 years into it. But the last few years have been hell. Just got to get someone that isn't so demanding of your time I guess.

Wife has amazing genetics. has a lean six pack year round ,drinks dr pepper like its going out of style and thinks the gym is pretty boring. We as a family eat relatively clean (for dinner) where as throughout the day i pretty much eat your standard bb foods (fish,chicken breast,rice,potatoes,etc) all day everyday, where she'll eat what she wants. It doesnt effect me too much, esp since she cooks most of my clean foods for me. Plus she eats like a bird, leaving more food for me :).

In the end, I think It could only make your relationship better bc thats more time and a common bond u can share together,but it shouldnt be the only thing your relationship revolves around.

I'm glad you posted this thread, I was going to post something similar! My girl lives in san diego and I'm in LA. I work out 5-10 times a week, eat healthy and take supps and vitamins and study longevity.
She has a naturally awesome body despite eating crap, but she is also young, 19 :naughty: I know i know! lol... ok this is not a debate on my girls age... lol
anyway she was working out for a few weeks and i was stoked, we see each other on the weekends and we would workout together and i would cook good food. But the past couple of months she hasn't worked out at all and doesn't care about health and that stuff... It concerns me.
We have a serious relationship and yes she is hot now, but how about in 15 years with the same habits? I'm trying to get her to start thinking healthier but she is sometimes receptive, sometimes not!
She is supposed to move to LA in february and i have a feeling she will adapt my the healthier lifestyle, but if she doesn't it would be a major turn off for me. I just can't stand people who don't take good care of themselves health wise. She is hot as fuck, but I'm not sure if i could marry a girl who didn't workout somewhat...
how could i let her know this? any thoughts?

My wife and I have been together 24 years, married 18. We met in a gym we both worked at during college. She was a knockout, but mainly due to genetics, since she half-assed worked out, ate what she wanted, etc. Didn't mind my gym time too much then, wasn't crazy about me competing, but supported it (1990 then). As long as she got the bulk of the attention from others, she was okay.
Fast forward to the present. Her lack of good eating habits and lack of consistent exercise has landed her not where she wants to be in terms of bodyweight. In contrast, I have only missed working out, since we met, for understandable reasons, so, very consistent for the entire time. I'm actually getting ready for a show next weekend, and announced it unexpectedly to her last week ... she said she will not participate or support at all. Again, it boils down to this, if she's getting the attention, all is fine, if she's getting none, then she has a problem with it.
You have to dig deep to decide if she's the right one. Like me, in the beginning it was all good, even 10 years into it. But the last few years have been hell. Just got to get someone that isn't so demanding of your time I guess.

This is the situation I see far too often. One partner takes care of themself and the other becomes resentful of them for it. Instead of being proud of their partner they feel insecure of the others accomplishments and it quite often poisons the relationship.

Working out it important to me and I don't want to be with someone that feels insecure just because I like taking care of myself. I have seen this cause many breakups so therefore I would not be with someone who does not also feel the same way about exercising. Luckily I am married and my wife feels the same as I do. Having the same veiws on this especially now that we have kids makes life so much easier.

As long as she is supportive it shouldnt make a big deal. After me and my wife got married, we drove back to MD from TX and I was prepping for a show so we didnt go out to eat or shit until after July. She supports my addiction for working out and competing. At the end of the day though you gotta ask yourself where you stand in the game and if it is worth risking your relationship. I think by having someone who is not psychologically fucked up as we are helps regulate the whole situation. Kinda keeps you normal so to speak. lol.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws