over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Relatives asking for advice...

Pekkerwood

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
While I'm in no great shape, I still get asked questions from my relatives. Over the holidays, at my sisters house, she was asking a few questions for her diet etc. My brother was also asking a few.

I go down to the basement ( huge with 12 foot ceilings, would make a great home gym) to ride the recombant bike. In front of it is a nice television to watch the football games (nice)....however....directly beside the bike on a table holding books, DVD's, etc is a STACK OF CANDY! Looking in the drink holder cup on the bike IS MORE CANDY! There is no earthly reason for them being there as we have no diabetics using the equipment. Unbelievable. Sometimes its the small things that sabotage our diets LIKE EATING CANDY WHILE YOU EXERCISE!:D

LMAO.... That's great but reminds me of a guy that I used to train who would leave and stop at the gas station for a hot dog and a candy bar after every workout I would give him. When he wasn't getting the results we were hoping for he finally admitted it to me after 3-4 of not including this on his diet sheet I had him filling out. Once he cut that out he started getting a lot faster results. lol

That's pretty funny PW. People always forget about the diet. They think that some time on the treadmill will fix it all. I have heard people say, "I'll eat that slice of cheesecake, I'll just go do some cardio" and I want to say "well, you are going to have to walk from Atlanta to Charlotte to burn that off" :D

That's pretty funny PW. People always forget about the diet. They think that some time on the treadmill will fix it all. I have heard people say, "I'll eat that slice of cheesecake, I'll just go do some cardio" and I want to say "well, you are going to have to walk from Atlanta to Charlotte to burn that off" :D

Those calorie burn rate comparisons are always depressing to me. I didn't eat too badly, I think I had mashed potatoes and some cornbread stuffing, but no pies, cakes etc. I think I had three glasses of wine as well. I avoided the pies, cakes, etc pretty well. Two small pieces of peanut butter fudge did find its way in my mouth, but whose counting right?:D

P.S.

In this same basement is a pretty good multi station gym system. I forgot the make but I know he spent thousands on it. It only gets used if I'm there. How do I know? The weight stack as well as the curl bar had the same weights on it that I used months ago when I visited. On top of this he is asking me for advice/assistance in acquiring a two thousand dollar treadmill (clothes rack). :confused:

I ehre ya' Bro.
I am no fitness wizard, but I know much more than the average person, have trained, tried this supp.- that supp. read, researched, injured, recovered, have education in human anatomy/physiology, read muscle magazine after magazine before the cyber generation.
My point is, I get asked the same old Q.'s that most anybody knows nowadays. We are bobbarded with weight loss ads,
"Bowflex" commercials, "Improved Bowflex!" commercials, "core ball training" ads, blah, blah, blah.... yet, they do not do what they already know!

I have written up simple home ex.programs and recommended supps. for weight loss( with articles to back me up). People don't tend to follow through unless they really want to.

Anymore I'm vague unless, I sense someone may be commited to change.
( or they want to pay me formy knowledge and experience !!! )

Haha thats funny..sounds alot like my family! U know i really do like it when my family members ask me questions about diet and exercise tho..makes me feel a little since of accomplishment

RONJON

Sometimes its the small things that sabotage our diets LIKE EATING CANDY WHILE YOU EXERCISE!:D

sounds like a member of my family... she's dedicated to her training. puts in an hour of cardio and weights regularly but she comes home and eats a bowl of icecream. im not talking a small 200cal serving of icecream she eats a heaping bowl! shes not in bad shape but i just dont understand the total lack of diet sense. it cancels out all the hard work.:confused:

While I'm in no great shape, I still get asked questions from my relatives. Over the holidays, at my sisters house, she was asking a few questions for her diet etc. My brother was also asking a few.

I go down to the basement ( huge with 12 foot ceilings, would make a great home gym) to ride the recombant bike. In front of it is a nice television to watch the football games (nice)....however....directly beside the bike on a table holding books, DVD's, etc is a STACK OF CANDY! Looking in the drink holder cup on the bike IS MORE CANDY! There is no earthly reason for them being there as we have no diabetics using the equipment. Unbelievable. Sometimes its the small things that sabotage our diets LIKE EATING CANDY WHILE YOU EXERCISE!:D

some people dont realize just how important diet is.

As a personal trainer, one of the first thing I tell my clients is that showing up to the gym 4 or 5x a week is the easy part. The tough part is what you do(or don't do-partying, boozing, etc.) outside of the gym (eating right, getting enough rest, minimizing stress,etc.).

Every morning I see some fatty running down the side of the road. They look like they're about to have a heart attack. They have this "kill it for an hour and forget about it for the rest of the day"-mentality. What they don't understand is that achieving fitness requires thought and action throughout the day. You can't just put in an hour and forget about it.

When I was a bit younger, Saturday mornings were always my best workouts. I reserved it for leg day and always hit it pretty hard. Just knowing what I was going to do Saturday morning tempered what I did Friday night so that was an added benefit, but then...... For some reason started using Saturday lunch after my workout as a cheat meal....almost every Saturday. I would have a couple dozen oysters and two beers or Buffalo Wings and Beers for lunch. My hardest, best workout of the week, undone every single time. BTW I saw nothing remotely wrong with this at the time!

When I was a bit younger, Saturday mornings were always my best workouts. I reserved it for leg day and always hit it pretty hard. Just knowing what I was going to do Saturday morning tempered what I did Friday night so that was an added benefit, but then...... For some reason started using Saturday lunch after my workout as a cheat meal....almost every Saturday. I would have a couple dozen oysters and two beers or Buffalo Wings and Beers for lunch. My hardest, best workout of the week, undone every single time. BTW I saw nothing remotely wrong with this at the time!

Ha! That sounds very much like something I used to do years ago. Every Saturday morning there was a small group of us that would meet for a chest workout. After the workout, we would walk a couple of blocks to grab a corned beef sub and a beer for lunch. :D I guess youth covers a multitude of sins?

i got asked by family members over the holiday...

why do you want to build yourself up like that?

does lifting weights make your arms like that?

lolol. the second one really takes the cake!

My family gets what I do and what I eat except for my step-mother. She is always asking questions and actually tries to read whatever she can to justify her eating and discount mine.

One day she will tell me that low carb is bad, and the next time she will tell me shes eating low carb. So I ask her what shes eating and its cheerios and juice for breakfast, peaches and cottage cheese and milk for lunch, and chicken, rice salad and corn on the cob for dinner. You don't know how hard it is not to laugh, but she is the person who can't be told or taught anything so you just have to uh huh her till she stops.

I was reminded of this by the candy story in the beginning of the thread. She is one that has candy dishes all over the house. She "nibbles" instead of snacks all day long. She says they are out for company. But when my family comes over, she will hide the m&m dispenser that my 6yr old nephew loves, and start to put up other dishes if she sees anyone else eating anything.

My favorite quote from her was " you count vegetables as carbs?" Like I or anyone else has a choice in the matter. I guess only in her world, lol.

Those calorie burn rate comparisons are always depressing to me. I didn't eat too badly, I think I had mashed potatoes and some cornbread stuffing, but no pies, cakes etc. I think I had three glasses of wine as well. I avoided the pies, cakes, etc pretty well. Two small pieces of peanut butter fudge did find its way in my mouth, but whose counting right?:D

P.S.

In this same basement is a pretty good multi station gym system. I forgot the make but I know he spent thousands on it. It only gets used if I'm there. How do I know? The weight stack as well as the curl bar had the same weights on it that I used months ago when I visited. On top of this he is asking me for advice/assistance in acquiring a two thousand dollar treadmill (clothes rack). :confused:
Well PW, I would go ahead and advise him on what YOU need in a gym. This way any time you go and visit just move the clothes off the equipment and you have a great gym away from home to train in!! LOL Just set it up the way you want it! Home away from Home!!! HAHAHAHAHA

[/B]Well PW, I would go ahead and advise him on what YOU need in a gym. This way any time you go and visit just move the clothes off the equipment and you have a great gym away from home to train in!! LOL Just set it up the way you want it! Home away from Home!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing!

That really is a keen idea OF. I will probably end up paying for it anyway for a Christmas present. The whole thing was probably to give me the idea of what he would like! :) But he is a great guy, better man than I could hope to be in two lifetimes. I am truly blessed in every way with my family and friends. Sometimes its hard to believe my luck.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws