over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Replacing Carbs with fruits?

Also on intensemuscle.com there’s a post from around 2004 if you google skip hill fruit you can find it. Anyway, Skip talks about using fruit as his main carb source.

“I did not just use the fruit in the morning. I actually had the same meal for EVERY meal except for postworkout. That means for 5 meals from sun up to sun down I ate fruit. 2 fruits at each meal.

I use what I term as "water-based" fruits. Things like peaches, strawberries, apples, pears, kiwi, cantalope, etc.. Every meal was 2 fruits, 8 oz. of chicken breast or lean meat and about 2 ounces of almonds. “
-Skip Hill
Thank you

Also on intensemuscle.com there’s a post from around 2004 if you google skip hill fruit you can find it. Anyway, Skip talks about using fruit as his main carb source.

“I did not just use the fruit in the morning. I actually had the same meal for EVERY meal except for postworkout. That means for 5 meals from sun up to sun down I ate fruit. 2 fruits at each meal.

I use what I term as "water-based" fruits. Things like peaches, strawberries, apples, pears, kiwi, cantalope, etc.. Every meal was 2 fruits, 8 oz. of chicken breast or lean meat and about 2 ounces of almonds. “
-Skip Hill

Thank you, Skip know his shit

I've been trying to get @madg to send me his fruits for carbs diet but he still hasn't 😂

I just stocked up today on blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and pineapple. Even on low carb, I keep fruit in as the only direct source of carbs. Namely darker berries that are lower in sugar. And who cares if they have a little fructose? Most fruits don't contain that much, anyway. Not an issue unless you're just grossly over consuming other carb sources, IMHO

I keep them in for health reasons, too, but I find that even if I pig out on fruit, I don't retain water like I do from other carb sources. I ate a three pound bag of frozen blueberries the other day lol Plus fruit and a little Greek Yogurt is my preworkout if I decide to eat anything

Thank you, Skip know his shit

I've been trying to get @madg to send me his fruits for carbs diet but he still hasn't 😂

I just stocked up today on blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and pineapple. Even on low carb, I keep fruit in as the only direct source of carbs. Namely darker berries that are lower in sugar. And who cares if they have a little fructose? Most fruits don't contain that much, anyway. Not an issue unless you're just grossly over consuming other carb sources, IMHO

I keep them in for health reasons, too, but I find that even if I pig out on fruit, I don't retain water like I do from other carb sources. I ate a three pound bag of frozen blueberries the other day lol Plus fruit and a little Greek Yogurt is my preworkout if I decide to eat anything
He does mention being on this a diet like this too long could mess up your macro nutrient profile. Any of you guys know exactly what he’s talking about?

... I'm glad this thread was bumped from 2017. I used Phil briefly back in 2013(?) and it's interesting to see he hasn't changed/altered the basic advice I received years before. Personally, I deviated by using more whole oats as my main carb source (I was an over-the-road truck driver. Living on the road and my only exercise was gym time, so as I saw it my activity level on a scale of 1-10 was about a 2 and was concerned about dextrose/sugar with my lifestyle). Although the oats worked well, I was concerned about nutrient health after a time. Later I incorporated banana and blueberries as post workout carbs, also eating canned yams intra workout.

I tried using bananas throughout the day as a carb source in the begining. Stomach clogged up after meal 3, hence the oats.

Side note: I eat whole oats dry, only adding a bit of water to "soften" them and always leaned out. I've always pondered if not cooking the oats allowed them to absorb water internally.... Anyone else do this?

I put them my protein shakes and let them soften a little before I drink it

Side note: I eat whole oats dry, only adding a bit of water to "soften" them and always leaned out. I've always pondered if not cooking the oats allowed them to absorb water internally.... Anyone else do this?

Never cook oatmeal, I just soaked it once in water, never again. I like it precisely because you don't have to cook it.

I started using fruit more often as a carb source a few years ago. I have them for most of my meals. With them having more nutrition then other sources I see them as a plus.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131