over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Replacing Carbs with fruits?

BigMatt

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Ive been reading Phil hernon post lately.
What hes been saying make sense.

Heres the daily diet im planning too do.

Breakfast:-5 whole eggs runny yolk(30gP) 3G leucine target
-3 banana(81g Carb)

Post workout:
Lunch:-10 oz extra lean ground beef(60gP) 3g leucine target
-3 orange(45g carb)
-2 cup brocolli chopped

Diner:-10 oz beef liver(50gP) 3g leucine target
-pinneapple slice
-2 cup brocolli chopped

8:00pm:-5 whole eggs runny yolk(30gP) 3g leucine target
-2 cup brocolli chopped

What do you guys think?

I thought you were gonna die....?????

:confused:

:D

buuuuuuuuuut.........I think its a GREAT IDEA!!!!!!

why not add some white fish though....????

Last edited:

It make totally sense if you really think about it.

Vegans are the leanest people on this planet. They got no bodyfat at all. They eat so much fruits and vegetables. But the thing is that they dont have muscle mass.

I asked phil hernon about this.

What it mean is this.

If you eat The highest quality protein with fruits and veggies as carb source, Your going to look way different than someone who eat grains, He said grains are void of nutrition, they are like empty calories. It totally make sense.

Look at this for Protein.
**broken link removed**

This mean that whole Egg protein along with Beef is the highest quality you can get.

Its not all about Calories in Calories out. This mean you need to Eat the highest quality protein available.

When someone that Mix High quality protein with Fruits and vegetables, he will be in tremendous health. Since he eat Highest Nutrients foods.

Take for example this:
Someone eating for breakfast: 1 cup of milk with Cereals. This is empty nutrition. Cereals are crap food.

Someone eating 5 whole eggs + 3 banana Is going to look way different and be in different health than this person.

The more i research the more it make sense.

I even research about Essential Nutrients on wikipedia.

It state that Protein and Fats are essential. you cannot live without them. So it make sense to Eat WHOLE EGGS and Beef and Liver. Since they both contain Protein and Fat. Highest quality Protein also.

Tenny what do you think?

Last edited:

I guess i could add Tuna(cheap) but im not sure if its really good?

I might eat Salmon Over white fish? Not sure.

I wouldn't believe everything Phil Hernon says, This guy is 100% vegan and has plenty of muscle mass. I been watching him grow every year.

Attachments

• 17498596_1461234503911206_5313609031272280239_n.jpg
    17498596_1461234503911206_5313609031272280239_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 362
Their are a shit load of Vegan bodybuilders out there. To say there is one way of doing anything is foolish.

I have talked with Phil on the phone about using fruit as a carb source and some of his other diet ideas. One of the reasons he had his online clients eat fruit is because he would have them take pics before they started the diet, and then take more pics after being on this diet for a few weeks. He basically wanted to see how they responded to having this much fructose in their diet. If they looked a little smooth after a few weeks, he had them cut back on the fruit and replace it with other carb sources. If they looked like they were getting a little leaner while possibly putting on a little muscle, he kept the fruit content of their diet the same.

Cause traditional bodybuilding diets are just pointless.....

By combining Fruits(High in vitamins and minerals) and Veggies(High in vitamins and minerals)

With Quality protein(Whole eggs,Organic Beef,Salmon,Beef liver) Daily.

You get maximun Nutrition.

Eating White bread and White rice is not the same as eating Banana,Orange,Pinneapple,Grapefruit,Brocolli.

Food choices Matter.

its not all About Calories in,Calories Out.

Fruit, it works for when combined with quality protein.

I just don't like the idea of snacking on fruit by itself.

I switched over to fruit as my main source of carbs recently and it made a big difference in how I felt after I ate and how I looked , but I was cutting cals so its hard to say it was just the fruit that made the difference. However If i eat grains in the AM or at lunch I feel tired afterwards, fruit doesnt phase me at all.

I was eating white rice in the eves after training and switched to apple sauce ( no sugar) just for the carbs. I like the way I feel and am leaning out good. Im sticking with the fruits..

Fruits work well for me when cutting. They tend to fill me up with a small amount of calories. I would have a difficult time bulking with fruit as my main carb source. It's easier for me to get enough carbs for a bulking diet through white rice and potatoes. I'm sure it can be done, though.

Let's bring this thread back.
I'm considering a bulk diet with fruits as carb source.
I’m doing it for fatloss now and when I increase calories I’m going to stick with it and see how it goes. I do eat oatmeal post workout but I just really like oatmeal. I didn’t realize how low calorie fruit actually is until I started so it allows me to eat more total volume making it easier. I feel healthier and my skin and hair look better. I’ve got a 2 year old daughter so Im being more health conscious. It’s cool to watch her see me eating a cup of blueberries or whatever and put down her oreo and want to eat what I’m eating.

Fruits work well for me when cutting. They tend to fill me up with a small amount of calories. I would have a difficult time bulking with fruit as my main carb source. It's easier for me to get enough carbs for a bulking diet through white rice and potatoes. I'm sure it can be done, though.
The problem I have with grains is always feeling full. That's not a great feeling when trying to bulk. I hate the feeling of needing to eat Again

The problem I have with grains is always feeling full. That's not a great feeling when trying to bulk. I hate the feeling of needing to eat Again

I get this less with white rice or instant potato flakes. Eating whole fruit tends to fill me up more, maybe from the chewing and the time involved. Fruit smoothies are easier to get down in large quantities.

I get this less with white rice or instant potato flakes. Eating whole fruit tends to fill me up more, maybe from the chewing and the time involved. Fruit smoothies are easier to get down in large quantities.
I get it with rice but not with Rice Krispies, fruity pebbles or cocoa krispies. In fact I actually use those instead of rice when I’m including it. I have stomach problems so the first I look at in food choices is digestibility and how I feel after I eat it.

I only use fruit and potatoes as my carb source (dextrose in shakes) mostly sweet potatoes but occasionally I'll eat white potatoes boiled in seafood boil.

I totally agree with Phil's logic on what eat it if it doesn't supply nutritients.

I only use fruit and potatoes as my carb source (dextrose in shakes) mostly sweet potatoes but occasionally I'll eat white potatoes boiled in seafood boil.

I totally agree with Phil's logic on what eat it if it doesn't supply nutritients.
Honestly some of the things that helped me the most and that had the best impact were from Phil. Still to this day I go through and read a lot of the old stuff he posted. He was also insanely cheap $500 for a year if I remember correctly. He thinks outside of the box and was never afraid to try stuff even if it went against what people held as gospel

Reactions: KTT
Also on intensemuscle.com there’s a post from around 2004 if you google skip hill fruit you can find it. Anyway, Skip talks about using fruit as his main carb source.

“I did not just use the fruit in the morning. I actually had the same meal for EVERY meal except for postworkout. That means for 5 meals from sun up to sun down I ate fruit. 2 fruits at each meal.

I use what I term as "water-based" fruits. Things like peaches, strawberries, apples, pears, kiwi, cantalope, etc.. Every meal was 2 fruits, 8 oz. of chicken breast or lean meat and about 2 ounces of almonds. “
-Skip Hill

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity