over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

reps speed

Ive seen Guys do VERY slow resistance type of training who are just ripped, but not much size. This young guy in my gym
everyone laughs at his style but his Bis are some of the craziest
Ive seen.
Myself Im more into the explosive style, starting off always with a
compound movement- at the end sure start burning and moving a bit slower but never intentionally.

Well I beleive in strict form, if you keep that while your doing it then I think its ok, but if you look like your having a seizure then your wasting your time. In my opinion you should switch up doing power movements and include high rep sets

I am doing one sec in positive and three secs in negative, but reading the chris aceto book I found that for muscle growth moves should be explosive and fast in order to stimulate 2b fibers and only last rep should be performed with 3 seconds in negative

any inputs ?

alin,
I gave super slow rep speed a more than fair shot. I was doing about a 4-6 second negative with a 2-3 second positive. I trained like this for about 12 weeks. the end result was a huge loss in strength. I thought I looked a little harder(but I may have just been telling myself that so I wouldn't feel so bad about get weak)
any way, i went back to an explosive positive with a controlled negative(as long as the negative is controlled I think the weight should be lowered quickly, probably 2 seconds) my weights are improving again and I feel better when lifting. so I think what you have been doing sounds good. I would not focus on a negative rep count simply lower it with control.
hopefully LATS and magoo will add to this because I agree with their beliefs concerning rep speed.
hope this helped a little

Try this ...
Do your reps as fast as possible without loosing form.

There sure are a bunch of different ways to lift weights! :D

We have all seen someone using poor form - wether it's not having control doing the negative or just going up and down like a yo-yo (taking the most advantage of "momentum").

I believe, like others have stated, that you need to be in control of the weight (maintain good form).

xcel

hmmmm

Alin said:
I am doing one sec in positive and three secs in negative, but reading the chris aceto book I found that for muscle growth moves should be explosive and fast in order to stimulate 2b fibers and only last rep should be performed with 3 seconds in negative

any inputs ?

That is precisely the way I do them....

as fast as u can without losing form, taxing the negative with a weight ur doing positive reps with is useless

exactly what magoo said.. (matter of fact i believe there was a large post by magoo and i about this a few months ago if ya can find it) explosive positives and controlled negatives.. about two seconds on the negative if i were to guess..remember, if it is light enough to get positive reps, it certainly will not tax the negative.. just control it on the way down..

i feel if im going heavy enough its all out balls to the wall on every rep, i dont really have the option to go fast or slow, i just am pushing my nuts out as hard as i can to get it up. does that make any sense?

Later,

Todd

I usually keep my reps at a pace that is rather slow and strict! but, I do sometimes have that tendancy to explode at the bottom but everyone does that! As long as you have control I think you are ok!

TH

I believe in the control of the weight the whole time as well as total contraction of the muscle :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws