advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

residential real estate-as an investment?

PMC-sounds like you're acclimatizing fine in your new digs--dinosaures one of my favorite kind of creatures--skulls very cool...lol.

you must have a nice place (2-levels etc)--do you have a view? The beaches are nice places to workout if you like jogging?

i hope you'll enjoy the overall experience there-weather is great, very inducive to working out it will be interesting to see how you like it/adapt?

interesting about the allocation of LE resources--been working closely w/PD in recent months and particularly in last 6days, on neighborhood problems and have had some heated exchanges w/PD regarding response times etc.

some of residents asked me to be block captain and put together a neighborhood watch prgm, which i did. got more accomplished in a few wks than neighborhood has in 14months but all for a cost--made some enemies at PD because i don't take no for an answer but i now believe that's Not how to work with PD--two sides to every story, i guess...lol.

Always good to hear from you,
cavdude

The beaches are a goldmine for women, finding parking though is the issue haha. Yup 2 stories, its a cool one bedroom layout. Little over 2,000 sq/ft one bedroom, not the best view though. We have a rooftop terrace though with a great view. Haven't been up there though since I signed the lease.

No officers like neighborhood watch, kind of like how they hate mall cops. Anyone trying to have some sense of authority or play cop pisses alot of us off. Not saying that is your intention but it is alot of individuals intentions. Growing up we had a neighborhood watch, higher end neighborhood, the only crimes that ever happened was miss. homemaker doing a little shoplifting or bill the neurosurgeon getting a DWI after having the audacity to have two glasses of wine with dinner haha.

We had this guy that would literally monitor everyones houses and document when they would come/go/etc. Record really private stuff.

He wound up getting arrested a few times if memory serves correctly

At the moment single family houses are not a good investment however multi family houses for cashflow are a good choice.

mugzy-thks for your insight & taking the time to post-up,

much appreciated
cavdude

The beaches are a goldmine for women, finding parking though is the issue haha. Yup 2 stories, its a cool one bedroom layout. Little over 2,000 sq/ft one bedroom, not the best view though. We have a rooftop terrace though with a great view. Haven't been up there though since I signed the lease.

No officers like neighborhood watch, kind of like how they hate mall cops. Anyone trying to have some sense of authority or play cop pisses alot of us off. Not saying that is your intention but it is alot of individuals intentions. Growing up we had a neighborhood watch, higher end neighborhood, the only crimes that ever happened was miss. homemaker doing a little shoplifting or bill the neurosurgeon getting a DWI after having the audacity to have two glasses of wine with dinner haha.

We had this guy that would literally monitor everyones houses and document when they would come/go/etc. Record really private stuff.

He wound up getting arrested a few times if memory serves correctly

i meant to ask you-regarding the museum dinosaurs etc you went to--was that the La Breya tar pits museum that trapped many different dinosaures etc?

beaches are the best-no doubt--can't remember all the subtlies but it seems to me that the 'pay to get in' state beaches were never crowded for us but may have been day of week--its typically ~12 bucks but if you have a DoD/Military or Veterans card-its free--you can always apply for a distinguished veterans pass (which i also have) from the state which gives you free access to all state beaches.

Man--2000 sq ft 1 bedroom-must be nice? i think if me-i would spend alot of time on rooftop terrace--i imagine there would be a pretty good view from there--would be ideal for workouts except for muleing all the equip back n forth...lol.

thanks for the insite into NW programs--i knew going in there would be complications w/local PD--not knocking them or their procedures but i had a righteous agenda and good citizens counting on me/behind me so i pushed hard to get positive results-took some PD heat in the process and now-out of self preservation-backing off to regroup and enjoy a peaceful neighborhood for as long as it lasts-that is...lol.

very interesting experience but i just haven't been able to put myself in the mind of local PD--i'm considering joining the PD volunteers or somehow working my way into PD reserves so as to better understand-from a PD perspective-how to better preserve citizens rights.

do they have a swim pool or workout facility in your new place?--enjoy
cavdude

i meant to ask you-regarding the museum dinosaurs etc you went to--was that the La Breya tar pits museum that trapped many different dinosaures etc?

beaches are the best-no doubt--can't remember all the subtlies but it seems to me that the 'pay to get in' state beaches were never crowded for us but may have been day of week--its typically ~12 bucks but if you have a DoD/Military or Veterans card-its free--you can always apply for a distinguished veterans pass (which i also have) from the state which gives you free access to all state beaches.

Man--2000 sq ft 1 bedroom-must be nice? i think if me-i would spend alot of time on rooftop terrace--i imagine there would be a pretty good view from there--would be ideal for workouts except for muleing all the equip back n forth...lol.

thanks for the insite into NW programs--i knew going in there would be complications w/local PD--not knocking them or their procedures but i had a righteous agenda and good citizens counting on me/behind me so i pushed hard to get positive results-took some PD heat in the process and now-out of self preservation-backing off to regroup and enjoy a peaceful neighborhood for as long as it lasts-that is...lol.

very interesting experience but i just haven't been able to put myself in the mind of local PD--i'm considering joining the PD volunteers or somehow working my way into PD reserves so as to better understand-from a PD perspective-how to better preserve citizens rights.

do they have a swim pool or workout facility in your new place?--enjoy
cavdude

No sir, sure wasn't. Was sort of a random invite. Wasn't a very impressive museum though to be honest, they were auctioning off alot of cool stuff so assuming its a smaller one with a budget issue.

No working out up there, how the heck do you get a full gym up there? lol!

Definitely check out the reserves, it is a very enjoyable line of work actually.

[lang=lv]Sorry dude,i think i can not understand your post...please understand to me in easy language if you can????[/lang]

Residential or any kind of real estate is my favorite investment. You can't eat paper(stocks) or most investments if everything crashes.

A big part is what range of money are you looking to invest and what is your goal?

Right now you can make a killing flipping or renting single family in North Dakota where thousands of guys are sleeping in cars while working the oil fields. And the oil fields won't slow down for 30 years. And you can pick up a flood house for rehab for 80k and put 40k in to have 4k a month cash flow. Democrats are nearly extinct in North dakota as well so the government helps rather than hinders business.
They just put a whole subdivision in Minot without roads because housing is so scarce and there are no truck available to haul asphalt.

Each region has it's own strong and weak spots.

North dakota has never gone over 4% unemployment even before the oil. There are no ghettos in the state.

I'm moving my construction company up there to escape Minnesota and all the communists here.

I disagree on china though. I think they are running off a cliff rather than taking over the world. They had 120,000 riots last year and now have 30-40 million single men with no women for them. They nearly have to start a war to reduce that population of pent up testosterone.

Residential or any kind of real estate is my favorite investment. You can't eat paper(stocks) or most investments if everything crashes.

A big part is what range of money are you looking to invest and what is your goal?

Right now you can make a killing flipping or renting single family in North Dakota where thousands of guys are sleeping in cars while working the oil fields. And the oil fields won't slow down for 30 years. And you can pick up a flood house for rehab for 80k and put 40k in to have 4k a month cash flow. Democrats are nearly extinct in North dakota as well so the government helps rather than hinders business.
They just put a whole subdivision in Minot without roads because housing is so scarce and there are no truck available to haul asphalt.

Each region has it's own strong and weak spots.

North dakota has never gone over 4% unemployment even before the oil. There are no ghettos in the state.

I'm moving my construction company up there to escape Minnesota and all the communists here.

I disagree on china though. I think they are running off a cliff rather than taking over the world. They had 120,000 riots last year and now have 30-40 million single men with no women for them. They nearly have to start a war to reduce that population of pent up testosterone.

would it be fair to say that South Dakota is on same economoic and politically favourable level as North Dakota? (used to buy fireworks in Souix Falls when i was a kid...lol)

there are soo many foreclosures in California that you can buy homes in certain areas for 40-60k and have heard some are selling for 10k at actions?

investment monies allocated for RE investment?--conventional wisdom says put min down (i.e. 20%) and let borrowed money (mortg) work for you-don't know if thats sound reasoning in todays market but interest rates are at an all time low.

thats interesting Re: N. Dakotas low unemployment rate--i guess i would ask what sector employees the most ppls out there?

whats going on out there with the oil you mentioned-have they recently (last 20 yrs) discovered oil rich depositories that have now taken over their economy?

interested to hear more,
cavdude

reptiles and other cool stuff.

No sir, sure wasn't. Was sort of a random invite. Wasn't a very impressive museum though to be honest, they were auctioning off alot of cool stuff so assuming its a smaller one with a budget issue.

No working out up there, how the heck do you get a full gym up there? lol!

Definitely check out the reserves, it is a very enjoyable line of work actually.

I'll bet those heads you got at auction are worth a bundle to the right buyer?

cavdude

[lang=lv]Sorry dude,i think i can not understand your post...please understand to me in easy language if you can????[/lang]

anyway-the original post was meant to explore the positives and negatives of homeownership as an investment-given todays market.

we then deviated slightly in exploring the negative aspects of home ownership in an inner city/neighborhood where lawless behavior would have a direct impact on property values.

it was then explored that apartment living may or may not be more cost effective than home ownership.

thanks for posting-up 'Samni'
cavdude

North Dakota
North Dakota also has its own assessment of the Bakken and Three Forks formations, and as you might expect, it differs from the estimate given by Hamm and the U.S. Geological Survey. In 2008, North Dakota estimated that the Bakken contained 149 billion barrels of oil in place, of which 2.1 billion barrels is technically recoverable. Two years later, North Dakota assessed the Three Forks formation at 20 billion barrels of oil in place, of which 1.9 billion barrels is technically recoverable. These two estimates referred only to North Dakota, and excluded Montana and Canada.

Another Saudi Arabia?
The mother of all Bakken estimates comes from Dr. Leigh Price, who worked for the U.S. Geological Survey. Price estimated that the Bakken could generate between 271 billion and 503 billion barrels of oil with an average of 413 billion barrels. Price came up with a higher amount than his peers because he argued that oil from the Bakken had not migrated to the Mission Canyon or Madison formation and was thus still trapped within the Bakken. Price also put a recoverable estimate at the Bakken resource at 50%, implying that approximately 200 billion barrels of oil could be recovered from here.

And that estimate is nearly 2 years old. Recoverable is also changing as they develop new tech for pulling the oil out.

There are 6600 wells drilled, of which 400 are not being pumped as they have no housing for crews. A 4 bedroom in Willistion ND rents for about 6500/mo

They are conservatively estimating 50,000 wells by the time it peaks.

Wheat is the leading farm product in North Dakota, ranking second in production behind Kansas. North Dakota grows more durum wheat (used for pasta) than any other state.

North Dakota also leads all other states in the production of barley and sunflower seeds and is a leader in the production of flaxseed (linseed oil).

North Dakota is among the leading states in the production of canola seed, honey, navy beans, oats, pinto beans, rye, soybeans and sugar beets.

Hay is important, grown for livestock feed.

I should be full time building apartments up there next year once I've lined up enough funding/backing

I would look for residential real estate in areas where oil/gas drilling is booming. I own 6 trailer houses in an area where oi/gas is booming and rent them out for 1100 a month. I paid aprox 8k for each one. All are paid off and the traler park rental fee is locked in for 10 years. You can be pretty choosey about whom you rent to since it is usually hard to find housing in boomtowns. I will be raising the rent on two of them once the tenants leave in October to 1500 and both have been spoken for. The nice thing is with mInimal upkeep they are rented out as soon as they hit the paper as oil/gas workers are not choosey.
I am looking at buying an 8 plex in a new oil play for a minimal amount of money and will be able to rent each unit for 8-900 a month. You just have to act fast and get in before other land lords jump on stuff.

South Dakota specifically in the north west is being explored for oil. My rig is drilling a well in south Dakota right now and we are holding 2% oil 1000 foot out from total depth. If this well produces expect south Dakota to boom not like north Dakota but it will and housing is nill.

I forgot to add rigzone.com is a great resource for info pertaining to new oil plays and also the production of oil from those plays. If you do a little research you can intelligently guess where It is going to boom.

North Dakota
North Dakota also has its own assessment of the Bakken and Three Forks formations, and as you might expect, it differs from the estimate given by Hamm and the U.S. Geological Survey. In 2008, North Dakota estimated that the Bakken contained 149 billion barrels of oil in place, of which 2.1 billion barrels is technically recoverable. Two years later, North Dakota assessed the Three Forks formation at 20 billion barrels of oil in place, of which 1.9 billion barrels is technically recoverable. These two estimates referred only to North Dakota, and excluded Montana and Canada.

Another Saudi Arabia?
The mother of all Bakken estimates comes from Dr. Leigh Price, who worked for the U.S. Geological Survey. Price estimated that the Bakken could generate between 271 billion and 503 billion barrels of oil with an average of 413 billion barrels. Price came up with a higher amount than his peers because he argued that oil from the Bakken had not migrated to the Mission Canyon or Madison formation and was thus still trapped within the Bakken. Price also put a recoverable estimate at the Bakken resource at 50%, implying that approximately 200 billion barrels of oil could be recovered from here.

And that estimate is nearly 2 years old. Recoverable is also changing as they develop new tech for pulling the oil out.

There are 6600 wells drilled, of which 400 are not being pumped as they have no housing for crews. A 4 bedroom in Willistion ND rents for about 6500/mo

They are conservatively estimating 50,000 wells by the time it peaks.

Wheat is the leading farm product in North Dakota, ranking second in production behind Kansas. North Dakota grows more durum wheat (used for pasta) than any other state.

North Dakota also leads all other states in the production of barley and sunflower seeds and is a leader in the production of flaxseed (linseed oil).

North Dakota is among the leading states in the production of canola seed, honey, navy beans, oats, pinto beans, rye, soybeans and sugar beets.

Hay is important, grown for livestock feed.

I should be full time building apartments up there next year once I've lined up enough funding/backing
-----------
this is really amazing-sounds like your building apts plan-are a 'dead cert'-i will research all this to get myself up to speed on this subject.

very good presentation-'BF Hammer' and much appreciated
cavdude

S. Dakota's potential?

South Dakota specifically in the north west is being explored for oil. My rig is drilling a well in south Dakota right now and we are holding 2% oil 1000 foot out from total depth. If this well produces expect south Dakota to boom not like north Dakota but it will and housing is nill.
---------
all this positive info Re: Dakota's is facinating given todays economy-i need to do more reseach on the subject to get up to speed with yu'all.

any additional info you care to convey will be greatly appreciated.

thanks 'Krunkkid13'
cavdude

We just signed a contract to drill 2 more wells in South Dakota right on its north west corner 15 miles from north Dakota border.

Another town that is growing is Douglas Wyoming Chesapeake energy is drilling 140 wells in the field around the town in the next 5 years. Also Cheyenne Wyoming may boom soon if the Niobrara wells are producers.

We just signed a contract to drill 2 more wells in South Dakota right on its north west corner 15 miles from north Dakota border.
those farmers must be making out Big Time-with the prospect of oil fields on their land-any idea how much these farms have evaluated are or what the oil contracts, to drill on their land, is/are worth?

cavdude

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner