over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rest pause and delts

Beating the log book is more powerlifting than bodybuilding once your past the beginner stage. Constantly trying to beat a log book will eventually damage your joints, tendons and discs. You’re only going to get so strong. Then you’ll plateau. You’ll hit that strength plateau much faster than you think. At that point, focus on feeling the muscle work during the movement. And find which amount of volume works best for each muscle group. There’s no cookie cutter routine.
Tell that to dusty hanshaw

I think that you will get to to where you want to be with or without them in the same amount of time, all else being equal. Don’t over complicate things. KISS.

But if you like them and you think it will help you, than take a full serving by all means, just don’t expect any miracles . . . my opinion.

No promises made, none broken.

Tell that to Jordan Peters and the guys he coached and Dante Trudel and the guys he coached and Dorian Yates, etc…
I mean who have you coached? What experience do you have to come to these conclusions?

There’s a reason the biggest guys had to be able to move some damn big weights to get there.
Mechanical tension is the primary driver of growth.
The limiting factors on size are the amount of weight you can move and the amount of food you can utilize.
The reason some bodybuilders are able to lift a lot of weight is because their genetics allow them to do so. It’s not because of their training routine. I’m not saying using a log book doesn’t work. I’m saying it’s not the smartest way to train once you advance into the intermediate phase. You’re only going to get so strong and then you’ll hit a plateau you can’t surpass without using improper form. Bodybuilding is not a weight lifting contest. However, shooting for a progressive overload using perfect form while making the targeted muscles do all the work is the goal—given enough volume is used to send a signal to make the muscles grow.

Which is why you adjust for volume
I’ve tried training beyond failure with only a couple of work sets per week like Dorian Yates preached and I didn’t like it. I get better results using more volume and training with less intensity. I can only do so much damage to my muscles in each work sets whether I stop one rep shy of all our failure or go beyond failure using forced reps. Therefore, I require a certain amount of volume to get the most out of my training. Training beyond failure weakens my CNS and hurts my joints, tendons and discs if I use enough volume to gain maximal muscle mass. Just about any kind of training will give me results. But I’m looking for maximal results than can be sustained long term. More volume and not taking every set to absolute failure has put the most muscle on my frame. That’s why I liked the way John Meadows trained. He had the best training style IMO.

I’ve tried training beyond failure with only a couple of work sets per week like Dorian Yates preached and I didn’t like it. I get better results using more volume and training with less intensity. I can only do so much damage to my muscles in each work sets whether I stop one rep shy of all our failure or go beyond failure using forced reps. Therefore, I require a certain amount of volume to get the most out of my training. Training beyond failure weakens my CNS and hurts my joints, tendons and discs if I use enough volume to gain maximal muscle mass. Just about any kind of training will give me results. But I’m looking for maximal results than can be sustained long term. More volume and not taking every set to absolute failure has put the most muscle on my frame. That’s why I liked the way John Meadows trained. He had the best training style IMO.
I’ve done pretty much dc and mountaindog training exclusively for years and years so no hate there. To each their own. Personally, i really like the challenge aspect of beating the logbook, and it puts beef on me

The reason some bodybuilders are able to lift a lot of weight is because their genetics allow them to do so. It’s not because of their training routine. I’m not saying using a log book doesn’t work. I’m saying it’s not the smartest way to train once you advance into the intermediate phase. You’re only going to get so strong and then you’ll hit a plateau you can’t surpass without using improper form. Bodybuilding is not a weight lifting contest. However, shooting for a progressive overload using perfect form while making the targeted muscles do all the work is the goal—given enough volume is used to send a signal to make the muscles grow.
You can only do so much volume. But the volume is not the driver of growth.
Yeah you can only get so strong which is why we don’t have 1000lb behemoths walking around.
I’ll say it again you’re only as big as the weight you can move and the food you can utilize.
I don’t care how much volume you use whether it’s one set or 20sets if you go from squatting 135lbs for 1rep or 20 reps to 400lbs for 1rep or 20 reps you’ll have much bigger legs.
Volume doesn’t create mechanical tension.
I’m curious what is your experience to make these claims?
You said the log book is a powerlifting thing not bodybuilding.
Bodybuilding isn’t a weight lifting contest okay show me one big guy who isn’t moving heavy ass weight.
You keep talking about beginner and intermediate and advanced.
Is DC a beginner or intermediate routine? Is fortitude training? Blood and guts?
How did the board owner Big A train?

Post the physique behind the experience

Sounds like you don’t know how to manage your recovery properly

how many sets for medial delts are you folks doing on "shoulder day"? till failure always I do the dropsets too and dont rest pause on laterals but on MP style press machine yes

Post the physique behind the experience

Sounds like you don’t know how to manage your recovery properly
Go ahead and post your physique and age. Proves nothing. Same goes for my body and age. But the vast majority of top level bodybuilders train like John Meadows and that speaks volumes.

how many sets for medial delts are you folks doing on "shoulder day"? till failure always I do the dropsets too and dont rest pause on laterals but on MP style press machine yes
I do 8 WORK SETS of side lateral raises per week. I stopped doing drop sets and rest pause because it makes my shoulders and neck hurt. Sometimes I train shoulders once a week and at other times I divide it up into twice a week. It prevents me from getting bored.

I like higher rep ranges for side and especially rear delts. Side delts I usually land in the 15-20 range, but rear delts I like to hit 20-30 reps often. I'm still always trying to beat the logbook though.

Go ahead and post your physique and age. Proves nothing. Same goes for my body and age. But the vast majority of top level bodybuilders train like John Meadows and that speaks volumes.
I’m 37.
I’m nothing special but I’m okay.
😂 and John built his physique on moving heavy ass weights.
Even Johns routines have built in progressive overload.

How do the vast majority of pros train?
They move some damn heavy weight.
Hunter Labrada, Sean Clarida, , Nick, come on buddy.

Your posts are like reading a personal trainers manual

Attachments

• 7B246A6F-355F-4DE7-99B7-FA79BA8841D5.jpeg
    7B246A6F-355F-4DE7-99B7-FA79BA8841D5.jpeg
    85.7 KB · Views: 41
I like these rear delt exercises that these guys do right here. I’ve been doing them for a while now and they really brought up my rear delts. I also do FST7’s with them at the end of my shoulder workout.

I'm glad these work well for you. The seem to be a staple for many when it comes rear delts.

Unfortunately these never did much for me. I haven't abandoned the exercise but it's no longer a bread and butter movement for me.
Strangely enough I got the most improvement with dumbbells for the bent over rear flys. Like Meadows advocated for I utilize very high reps even 30 or more.

I also like the cable single arm rear delt fly which I perform slowly for 16 reps or so.
( 7min 38sec)

I've personally looked at rest pause set as being for heavy weight. Using the heavest weight possible and using the rest/pause you keep the best form possible lessening the chance of injury. By chasing a total rep number one is inclined to cheat the form in so way or another increasing the chance of injury.

This was just my personal opinion and I never go heavy on laterals so rest/pause simply isn't even in consideration.

For medial delts I'll perform 9-12 sets.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131