over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rest pause and delts

I’m 37.
I’m nothing special but I’m okay.
😂 and John built his physique on moving heavy ass weights.
Even Johns routines have built in progressive overload.

How do the vast majority of pros train?
They move some damn heavy weight.
Hunter Labrada, Sean Clarida, , Nick, come on buddy.

Your posts are like reading a personal trainers manual
I’m all for a progressive overload when done properly. Yes, John did lift some moderately heavy weights but not at the expense of using proper form just to beat a log book which often prevents people from maximally stimulating the targeted muscle. Once you plateau and can’t gain any appreciable strength, workouts become frustrating, demotivating, and often confusing, when you can’t be a log book, especially when you’re showing up every day and putting in the work, but end in burnout or injury. With the right know-how and actions, you can usually reach the next level of body composition and strength, even if it’s only a slight improvement. Only beginning lifters and/or steroid users
have the ability to continue adding ten pounds to the bar every week or two. Once you’ve entered your intermediate phase of weightlifting, your goal should be to increase the weight less often and start focusing on training frequency, volume, and impeccable exercise form and various exercises to damage the muscle without damaging connective tissues and get injured. Once you’ve entered the advanced phase a progressive overload should be the last thing on your mind. This is life as an experienced bodybuilder.😉

I’m all for a progressive overload when done properly. Yes, John did lift some moderately heavy weights but not at the expense of using proper form just to beat a log book which often prevents people from maximally stimulating the targeted muscle. Once you plateau and can’t gain any appreciable strength, workouts become frustrating, demotivating, and often confusing, when you can’t be a log book, especially when you’re showing up every day and putting in the work, but end in burnout or injury. With the right know-how and actions, you can usually reach the next level of body composition and strength, even if it’s only a slight improvement. Only beginning lifters and/or steroid users
have the ability to continue adding ten pounds to the bar every week or two. Once you’ve entered your intermediate phase of weightlifting, your goal should be to increase the weight less often and start focusing on training frequency, volume, and impeccable exercise form and various exercises to damage the muscle without damaging connective tissues and get injured. Once you’ve entered the advanced phase a progressive overload should be the last thing on your mind. This is life as an experienced bodybuilder.😉
A whole lot of word salad there.
Let’s me know you don’t understand beating the log book.
Nope the point is never to move weight for the sake of moving weight.
Everything should be the same controlling as many variables as possible. If your cadence, execution, etc is changing just to move more weight or reps that’s not beating the log book or progressive overload.
How do you not know this extremely basic stuff? This is beginner 101 shit.
Advanced bodybuilder… nope you’re not you’re a personal trainer who honestly doesn’t have the experience you claim to have.
Tell me where have you competed? When did you turn pro?
Ten pounds to the bar every week?
So not 5, not 2.5, 1,.5 lbs? Loading with micro plates?
Improving technique?
Slowing the cadence?
Simply adding reps?
changing exercises after you stall?
You could even increase sets.
Just stop your posts speak volumes.

A whole lot of word salad there.
Let’s me know you don’t understand beating the log book.
Nope the point is never to move weight for the sake of moving weight.
Everything should be the same controlling as many variables as possible. If your cadence, execution, etc is changing just to move more weight or reps that’s not beating the log book or progressive overload.
How do you not know this extremely basic stuff? This is beginner 101 shit.
Advanced bodybuilder… nope you’re not you’re a personal trainer who honestly doesn’t have the experience you claim to have.
Tell me where have you competed? When did you turn pro?
Ten pounds to the bar every week?
So not 5, not 2.5, 1,.5 lbs? Loading with micro plates?
Improving technique?
Slowing the cadence?
Simply adding reps?
changing exercises after you stall?
You could even increase sets.
Just stop your posts speak volumes.
Easy on the constant condescending insults, tough guy.

It's one thing to be a naturally argumentative douche, but the personal attacks and constant insults "speak volumes" about your character.

You add nothing to this board. The least you can do is be a decent human being.

Easy on the constant condescending insults, tough guy.

It's one thing to be a naturally argumentative douche, but the personal attacks and constant insults "speak volumes" about your character.

You add nothing to this board. The least you can do is be a decent human being.
It is what it is.
Do you think that guy is some advanced knowledgeable bodybuilder?
Was anything I said incorrect?
Never said I was a tough guy but I can’t stand misinformation especially when it’s coming from a source claiming to be someone knowledgeable about a subject.

It is what it is.
Do you think that guy is some advanced knowledgeable bodybuilder?
Was anything I said incorrect?
Never said I was a tough guy but I can’t stand misinformation especially when it’s coming from a source claiming to be someone knowledgeable about a subject.
It's the delivery. Every day you're condescendingly attacking and ridiculing people.
Just be respectful and engage in constructive argument without the insults.

I’m 37.
I’m nothing special but I’m okay.
😂 and John built his physique on moving heavy ass weights.
Even Johns routines have built in progressive overload.

How do the vast majority of pros train?
They move some damn heavy weight.
Hunter Labrada, Sean Clarida, , Nick, come on buddy.

Your posts are like reading a personal trainers manual
You have some very nice triceps! 👍 My arms are 21 inches. I have to be careful because taking testosterone has made my biceps and triceps stronger than the tendons that connect them to the bone. The term training “heavy” is relative. I’m at the point I try to make a weight as “heavy” as possible by slowing down the movement so it puts less pressure on my tendons. I control the negative and squeeze the muscle. I use zero momentum and lift less weight and it’s paid off for me. I had to swallow my EGO. I train with a lot of intensity but not so much it causes injury. I can’t train when injured and nothing sets me back further than not being able to train.

Attachments

• 9A1FA7FE-FA6F-43AC-AD5A-B11F5233762B.png
    9A1FA7FE-FA6F-43AC-AD5A-B11F5233762B.png
    241.1 KB · Views: 27

If you can't beat the book on an exercise you switch it out. Only the last rep or two should be sloppy at best. Even with the guys that do higher volume move up in weight,reps or reduced rest. It's all progressive overload.

You have some very nice triceps! 👍 My arms are 21 inches. I have to be careful because taking testosterone has made my biceps and triceps stronger than the tendons that connect them to the bone. The term training “heavy” is relative. I’m at the point I try to make a weight as “heavy” as possible by slowing down the movement so it puts less pressure on my tendons. I control the negative and squeeze the muscle. I use zero momentum and lift less weight and it’s paid off for me. I had to swallow my EGO. I train with a lot of intensity but not so much it causes injury. I can’t train when injured and nothing sets me back further than not being able to train.
Nice arm
I agree heavy is relative.
But even from this post you still don’t understand beating the log book

Nice arm
I agree heavy is relative.
But even from this post you still don’t understand beating the log book
I fully understand beating the log book. But once a sufficient amount of strength is built up, advanced bodybuilders don’t always go in and try to set PR’s. They learn to feel certain muscles working more during various exercises, and they aim to achieve an incredible pump. And since they usually do bodypart splits, switch up exercise order, change rest times between sets, etc., it makes more sense to just hit the gym and go by feel rather than try to go up in weight or do more reps every training session, since there are simply too many variables in play. In fact, keeping a training log can be detrimental to a bodybuilder, as it might entice a him to go too heavy! For example, let’s say that last time the bodybuilder did bench press he used 300 lbs, but he did them second in his workout immediately following incline bench press. However, for the current workout, he’s doing them third in the workout, following flies and dumbbell incline press, which would render him a bit weaker. If he tried to match or beat what he did on flies in his last performance he might end up injuring himself. For these reasons, I don’t believe that bodybuilders who have already achieved appreciable levels of strength must keep a training log. It’s fine if they do, but it’s not critical like you are saying. Even the great powerlifting coach Louie Simmons didn’t want his trainees using a log book.

I fully understand beating the log book. But once a sufficient amount of strength is built up, advanced bodybuilders don’t always go in and try to set PR’s. They learn to feel certain muscles working more during various exercises, and they aim to achieve an incredible pump. And since they usually do bodypart splits, switch up exercise order, change rest times between sets, etc., it makes more sense to just hit the gym and go by feel rather than try to go up in weight or do more reps every training session, since there are simply too many variables in play. In fact, keeping a training log can be detrimental to a bodybuilder, as it might entice a him to go too heavy! For example, let’s say that last time the bodybuilder did bench press he used 300 lbs, but he did them second in his workout immediately following incline bench press. However, for the current workout, he’s doing them third in the workout, following flies and dumbbell incline press, which would render him a bit weaker. If he tried to match or beat what he did on flies in his last performance he might end up injuring himself. For these reasons, I don’t believe that bodybuilders who have already achieved appreciable levels of strength must keep a training log. It’s fine if they do, but it’s not critical like you are saying. Even the great powerlifting coach Louie Simmons didn’t want his trainees using a log book.
When training with a logbook, you don’t “go by feel” or “switch things up” or change the order exercises are done. It’s the exact same workout every time so you can gauges progress. Once you stop having progress, you switch that exercise. Simple. Linear. Progress

The only guys I've ever seen just going by feel look the same every year unless they're growing by juice alone and that wont go far. No one is going to try an beat a fresh PR with a third exercise unless they're an idiot. The body growa to adapt to change in stimulus. If nothing changes either in reps,weight,sets, time under tention or a reduction in rest. Nothing will change. If you don't log it you're just spinning your wheels.

When training with a logbook, you don’t “go by feel” or “switch things up” or change the order exercises are done. It’s the exact same workout every time so you can gauges progress. Once you stop having progress, you switch that exercise. Simple. Linear. Progress
Exactly if nothing changes, nothing will change.

Exactly if nothing changes, nothing will change.
You don’t always have to add weight to the bar to make your muscle grow bigger. You can do more sets, change exercises, increase training frequency, change up the rest times between sets, employ drop sets, etc. If a person could keep getting progressively stronger over time, we’d all eventually be able to bench press a thousand pounds. But it doesn’t work that way in real life.

You don’t always have to add weight to the bar to make your muscle grow bigger. You can do more sets, change exercises, increase training frequency, change up the rest times between sets, employ drop sets, etc. If a person could keep getting progressively stronger over time, we’d all eventually be able to bench press a thousand pounds. But it doesn’t work that way in real life.
Of course not. That’s why when you stall on that exercise, you switch to a new one, and get stronger on that: you can always be getting stronger somewhere. Even if it’s just mentally because you know you need that last damn rep

For the guys like to use rest pause and beat the logbook each week, do you rest pause rear and side delts or use more straight sets or even drop sets or supersets o really tax the muscle with maximum intensity?

I do low volume rest pause DC type training but noticed for the side and rear it's hard to find exercises you can really add weight too and over time it leads to elbow issues. Overhead work for front delts is of course fine.

Upright rows, heavy lateral raises or rear delt rows (db or cable) aggravated my tennis elbow.. thinking of keeping my routine the same but rather change each rest pause set for these muscles a dropset. For rear and side delts I feel the muscle being worked more on dropsets.
Just overhead push and rear delt, A. For elbows and B. Hitting sides with RP fucks up my neck.

Tell that to Jordan Peters and the guys he coached and Dante Trudel and the guys he coached and Dorian Yates, etc…
I mean who have you coached? What experience do you have to come to these conclusions?

There’s a reason the biggest guys had to be able to move some damn big weights to get there.
Mechanical tension is the primary driver of growth.
The limiting factors on size are the amount of weight you can move and the amount of food you can utilize.
I agree and as BB when we beat the log ok it’s generally an 8-12 rep set not singles or doubles.

You didn't read what I wrote before that. And you yourself said something changed. So why are you arguing just to argue.

Of course not. That’s why when you stall on that exercise, you switch to a new one, and get stronger on that: you can always be getting stronger somewhere. Even if it’s just mentally because you know you need that last damn rep
You can NOT always get stronger using a different exercise. That’s a myth. You’ll eventually plateau on every exercise, even if you’re using strong anabolics like anadrol. Again, if we could continue to get stronger, we’d all be able to eventually bench press 1000 pounds. But it just doesn’t work that way. However, Dorian Yates says to do ONLY one set to failure per exercise each week for maximum progress. Now what if we gradually began added more weekly work sets to those same exercises over time? I say we’d gain more muscle mass. 😉

You didn't read what I wrote before that. And you yourself said something changed. So why are you arguing just to argue.
Sometimes it’s not that a persons training program needs to be changed. Sometimes it’s diet, anabolics, poor genetics, or they have reached their genetic potential. So many factors involved. And not wanting to argue. Just stating some points I believe are important to understand. Also, I’ve used log books in the past so I understand how it all works.

You can NOT always get stronger using a different exercise. That’s a myth. You’ll eventually plateau on every exercise, even if you’re using strong anabolics like anadrol. Again, if we could continue to get stronger, we’d all be able to eventually bench press 1000 pounds. But it just doesn’t work that way. However, Dorian Yates says to do ONLY one set to failure per exercise each week for maximum progress. Now what if we gradually began added more weekly work sets to those same exercises over time? I say we’d gain more muscle mass. 😉
Yep you can’t continuously get stronger indefinitely. No one saying you can.
There’s a reason we don’t have 1000lb monsters waking around picking up buildings.
You can’t just continually add sets either.
Eventually you’ll stop growing.
Mechanical tension is the driver of growth.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131