over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rest pause, super sets, drop sets, giant sets, frequency? Which do you prefer

Transformer

Registered
Wassup Pro M, so i thought it would be interesting to see what the guys have to say on here, including the more knowledgeable trainers etc.
When it comes to training, their are so many different methods its unreal, techniques, frequency , volume etc,
What have you done and what has given your best results to date?
Is something like rest pause more effective than a drop set? what the difference between the two in regards to muscle stimulation etc...

I have personally found dc training, the Rest pause, and frequency has allowed me to grow very well, infact i dont think id ever go back to training a bodypart just once a week, i find keeping the volume low and intensity high key!
however, sometimes when doing such LOW VOLUME its hard to advocate certain exercises and techniques, i wonder what peoples experiences are on here?

You see a ton of guys, over the years change their views, they lift heavy go crazy then change it all, to more focussing on the muscle, isolation etc lighter weights and working on the pump etc,
When i think about it, i think well the heavy weights etc is what gave you the muscle, keeping muscle is easy, but would you have gained the same muscle if you had not lifted heavy, done these techniques slower reps, more blood flow etc....

One staple in my workouts is a 5 rep triple drop. You get 15 reps in a set and your still using heavy weight. I love them and use them on just about every body part. I've noticed they work especially well with hamstrings, biceps, delts and Triceps.

Personally I do straight sets only. I've tried every technique there is. In my experience intensity is key. As long as you are progressing, that's the main thing. I do think drop sets or rest pause can be very useful though. Use to do a lot of drop sets but prefer straight sets now

Everything has its place, and I like switching things up. However, from among the categories you selected, my favorites are rest pause sets and high frequency training.

I do like to use all these different techniques. If I start to over use them I find it starts to take a way the intensity in the initial set. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I'm just a wimp lol

I like the heavy low rep sets short of failure. So bench press warm up to your work sets and do sets of 3 reps or 5 reps . When you can't reach designated reps strip some weight and do an all out set for a targeted # of reps 6-10 usually. I feel the adaption u get with this heavy weight going under failure causes great growth w/ out taxing cns or muscle endurance. Just make sure to have nice controlled reps.

Drop sets, 3 second negatives with explosive positives.

I like them all.
But since I train alone and really early when the gym is nearly empty, I usually stick with drop sets.
And If I really want to get intense, I'll throw some partials in at the end.

I like Rest pause, and blades "myo reps"

Like get a weight where you could do 10 and fail. then you rep out 6-7 reps, then 10 breaths then rep out 3, then rest, then 3, until you cant to 3 anymore. so it looks like

also reverse pyramid.

375x6 1 short of failure
315x10 1 short of failure
265x14 all you got!

I pick up a weight, do my thing and put it down.

Too old to be messing around with every Weider principle out there.

i keep things mixed up.. so I do a variety of everything.. a mixture of all them is good.. if your not getting sore its time to switch it up

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131