over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rest Pause ?

yardrock

Registered
Can someone explain this technique to me?

To use the flat bench press for example. Lower the bar to your chest, pause for one second, and then raise the bar to the locked position, rinse and repeat. They use this tec. in competition. I use it myself when doing almost all of my excercises to hit the deep muscle fibers. Another example would be; while doing bicep curls, you would pause at the flexed position (top of the curl) and flex as hard as you can for 1 second before going back down. Hope this helps, Q.

That's not Rest Pause

Rest Pause is where you perform your reps to failure, rack the weight for 15-30 seconds; unrack and rep to failure again. You would do this 3 times ala DC training.

Queefer, I think your talking about peak contraction.

He does talk about lowering the weight slowly, under control. Then doing the upward motion explosively. I think he even has a "time" suggestion for the negative but I just do it slowly, under control.

xcel

DIEZEL is right, its just like he said, go to failure rack the weights, i take 12-15 deep long breaths and then go back to weights until failure again. Repeat.

When Mike was pushing his HIT theories.. rest-pause meant 5 seconds rest then rep put. DC recommends a little longer... 15 deep breaths..

This is an OLD theory, ALthough DC may have some nice variations or suggestions-its from the early 1980s.
Do a max 1rep lift. Rack the weight. Wait 10 seconds (or so)
and repeat 2-3 times. Id assume the longer the rest the more
refueling of ATP. Id possibly go to 15-20 seconds as was mentioned.

MikeS is correct---The original way people rest paused was doing singles with 10 seconds intervals as he stated above. I had people rest pausing my way10-15rp and 15 deep breathes in the 90's till now but thats just my methods I came up with concerning it. I see alot of people saying this. Rest pause ala DC but my way is alot different than Mentzers and to give credit where credit is due Mentzer and freinds came up with the concept

whoa 15 breaths???

and here I am doing 10's lol

DOGGCRAPP said:
MikeS is correct---The original way people rest paused was doing singles with 10 seconds intervals as he stated above. I had people rest pausing my way10-15rp and 15 deep breathes in the 90's till now but thats just my methods I came up with concerning it. I see alot of people saying this. Rest pause ala DC but my way is alot different than Mentzers and to give credit where credit is due Mentzer and freinds came up with the concept

DC-after I do my compound lifts, I often do as you suggest-drop sets of medium-high reps, with 15 'breath' rests-its a pretty easy way to count! Very often with calf work. I feel moderately recovered and the total time is probably about 20sec between drops. Of course with this method (higher reps) more ATP is burned (and needs to be restored) and thus the need for a bit longer rest, than with singles.

Re: That's not Rest Pause

DIEZEL666 said:
Rest Pause is where you perform your reps to failure, rack the weight for 15-30 seconds; unrack and rep to failure again. You would do this 3 times ala DC training.

Queefer, I think your talking about peak contraction.

You are wwwrite but this is an advanced HIT tgecnique from Mike Mentzers Heavy Duty, and you will perform after a 10 secs rest another rep witch is ANOTHER BEST REP where you put on all of your effort again. You will never cant make 2 or 3 becouse you are in failure, and if you drop weight to make light reps you are overtraining.
The most important thing is you cant repeat advanced training tecniques in the same workout or make different advanced training tecniques in the same workout.

HIT is the best, every version of HIT but you have to use it in the write way.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear