over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rest pause

brisk walk

Registered
guys.....

there is definitely a big time benefit to using rest pause in your training.....imho

I used rest pause in my bicep workout the other night.....and I absolutely feel fuller in the bis......I did standing db curls.....2 straight sets with 60s for 8-10 reps.....then for my third and final set......I performed 3 rest pause sets.....60s for 8 each arm.....rest 15 seconds......another 2 reps.....rest 15 seconds and then maybe a quarter rep on the final rest pause set.

then proceeded over to hammer strength preacher curls.....70 pounds for 10 full reps......rest pause 4 more times with 70 pounds.....followed by negatives with the same 70 pounds.....I would basically hold 70 pounds with both arms as long as possible....maybe 5 seconds.

the bis were pretty warn out by the end......the workout took me all of 15 minutes......then on to shoulders......same rest pause for the delts.

Do you guys employ rest pause??? I like to just use it as a shock technique.....but never year round. Would love to get some opinions here from you fellows.

Last edited:
a lot of guys here train dc...and rest-pause is a pretty big part of the program

I've been doing DC training for the last couple weeks and love it so far. Rest Pausing is probably one of my favorite techniques by far, along with the fascia stretching.

It's like I can just feel my muscles grow with every extra rep. Kinda sweet.

restpause is used in DC because you NEED to do that to get the most out of DC. if you use restpause in a different program, and you dont think it through, you will verry quickly over train.

i cant say this enough, you need to balance volume, intencity and frequency. DC does that, simply adding respause to an already high volume program wont work for long.

Rest pause has been around for quite a while......dating back to Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates......great to see that Dante has kept it alive through his teachings!

I've been doing DC training for the last couple weeks and love it so far. Rest Pausing is probably one of my favorite techniques by far, along with the fascia stretching.

It's like I can just feel my muscles grow with every extra rep. Kinda sweet.

I agree with you.....it seems as if the muscles stay full for a few days after the actual training session!

^ doesnt that have more to do with nutrition than rest pausing your sets?

dc style for me. ive never gotten so big and strong so fast before.
24 pounds in 7 months.
but! you cant use rest-pause on top of a bunch of sets in a regular routine cuz you'll burn the fuck out really fast.

on another note, im experimenting with negatives only for bi's. dc style rest-paused. i'm sore by evening time. strength is goin up good too.

^ doesnt that have more to do with nutrition than rest pausing your sets?

Yes, but I with DC (depending on how you do your split, of course) hits muscles from multiple angles multiple times a week. I know I feel "bigger" simply because I train the muscles more often so the pump is there most consistently.

I do feel RP does give me a better pump. Couldn't tell you why, but it does.

Rest pause has been around for quite a while......dating back to Mike Mentzer and Dorian Yates......great to see that Dante has kept it alive through his teachings!

dc Rest pause is not the same RP that was used by Mentzer .

DC is one set. first part to failure (lets say 8-9 reps) than 15-20 sec rest than second part to failure (lets say 4-5 reps) than 15-20 sec rest and than the third part (1-2 reps) . so a whole set of 15 reps is done in three parts to faliur with a brief rest.
heavier weight , more4 reps.

**broken link removed**

half way down on that page about Mentzer

Mike Mentzer popularized the little-known method of rest pause training. Mentzer credited Mr. America and physical therapist Bob Gajda for teaching him the technique. The details of his contest preparation are found in the 1979 booklet "Heavy Duty Journal" which is being prepared for re-issue. Rest pause training involves the use of maximum singles followed by brief "pauses," just long enough for the muscle to temporarily recover its strength. Mentzer achieved his lifetime best condition using the rest pause method, during which time he was consuming only 50-60 grams of protein per day. Mentzer believed that athletes have no unique biology justifying their consumption of enormous quantities of protein, and Jones was famous for telling athletes to eat plenty of fortified white bread. The current "DC" method of training uses a version of rest-pause with greater volume, frequency, and protein intake than Mentzer would have endorsed. (See Mentzer,Heavy Duty 1, 1978.)

Sample Mentzer Rest Pause: (see HEAVY DUTY JOURNAL 1979.) Rest-pause protocol: 1st rep/ 10 second pause, 2nd rep/10 second pause, 3rd rep (reduce wt. 20%)/15 seconds, 4th rep.

----------------------

Over the years people have gotten very confused (i should of named it something else but I was lazy and didnt really care).....but Mikes version of what he did and my method of rest pause are pretty dramatically different. He did singles. I do 3 failure points on the way to 10-20 reps. I tried 2 failure points, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 failure points back in the early nineties when i was experimenting around with it and 3 always worked the best. If i was actually a smart guy and didnt name myself doggcrapp and called my version of "rest pausing" "three point sets" or "failure threshold sets" or something cool....it would have been much better and alot less confusion....but come on what do you expect from a guy who came up with the bonehead moniker "Doggcrapp"

I am a big fan of Mike Mentzer and i think DC training is very good but anyone who compares the two is a fool.

To actually do MM restpause correctly is on a thin line of getting injured big time.

As far as rest pause, yes i also do them and find them a very effective method of pushing past boundries.

Ok.......I see there are some differences.....but there are some similarities as well. IMHO

I am a big fan of Mike Mentzer and i think DC training is very good but anyone who compares the two is a fool.

To actually do MM restpause correctly is on a thin line of getting injured big time.

As far as rest pause, yes i also do them and find them a very effective method of pushing past boundries.

cornelius is that you in your avatar?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner