Trig - 103
Blood Pressure 110/70

This was my readings on 9/2/09
Total - 167
HDL - 33
LDL - 112
Trig - 112
Blood pressure 104/70

This was my readings on 5/21/08 (started eating grass fed stuff right after this)
Total - 228
HDL - 18
LDL - 153
Trig - 76
Blood Pressure 120/80

This was the same nurse that I mentioned in my diet article. She was again amazed at my HDL jump. She said aren't you that guy that eats all of the eggs, and loves butter - now what are you eating....told her the only thing different was I am drinking tons more whole raw milk now..

Now I am not saying that I am going to live forever now, and that these readings mean anything, actually I don't put much stock in them in terms of likelihood of heart disease...but there are many good questions and posts that come up on here about how to get your cholesterol in a certain range. Also - again dietary cholesterol does not increase your readings...!!!

Well there you go, Raw milk, whole eggs, grass fed beef, organic grass fed butter, etc and the limiting of refined and simple carbs. I havent taken a cholesterol supplement in years. Plenty of healthy fats (including saturates) seems to do the body good...

JM

Good stuff John! I'm hoping for the same results when I have my next panel.

Awesome!!!

I would love to see the look that nurse had when she saw that readout and heard what you were eating!

Nice!

Nice jump on the HDL! Wow! I'm encouraged.

I wish I had more time to expand on this thought, but my family is waiting for me for dinner with some grass fed beef! haha

Think as "little" as 60 years ago- "whole foods" were the norm and we were in better shape (in GENERAL) at least as far as obesity, heart disease, etc.

What happened? OVERsimplification I realize, but-
: Increased refined foods
: Increased sedentary lifestyle
: Increased stress "keeping up with the Jones'"

I remember 15 years ago when the low-fat and fat-free craze was at it's height and a friend saying, "You know, someday, they are probably going to say that all these 'fat-free' 'this and that' is actually worse for you!" He was right.

did you get chol molecule size and consistency done etc? seems to be one of the more important reading in heart doc community

I remember 15 years ago when the low-fat and fat-free craze was at it's height and a friend saying, "You know, someday, they are probably going to say that all these 'fat-free' 'this and that' is actually worse for you!" He was right.
Reminds me of this study: Dietary Intake, Anthropometric Measurements, and Blood Lipid Values in Weight Training Athletes (Body Builders) (**broken link removed**)

Dietary intake, plasma lipid levels, and anthropometric measurements were studied in 76 weight trained athletes (body builders) who had been following a consistent eating and training program for at least 2 years prior to the study. Dietary data were collected using the 7-day diet record. Nutrient analysis indicated that these athletes followed an atherogenic diet, characterized by a high-fat, high-cholesterol intake. The high-cholesterol intake was due to a high egg intake, which varied from 0 to 81 eggs per week. Although those athletes with a high egg intake consumed significantly more fat and cholesterol than those with a low egg intake, plasma total cholesterol levels (mean = 182.9 ± 25.7) did not differ over the range of egg intakes. Plasma HDL-cholesterol levels were higher and plasma triacylglycerol levels were lower at a high egg intake compared with that at a low egg intake. Plasma uric acid was not affected by the high animal protein intake. Despite the unfavorable intake of macronutrients, food alone supplied adequate amounts of micronutrients as compared with the RDA. Using different measurements of obesity, it was difficult to classify this group of athletes as overweight or obese, due to increased muscle development.

Specific values are as follows:

HDLs (anything > 45 mg/dL is considered good)
High egg group: 55 mg/dL
Low egg group: 50 mg/dL

Triglycerides (lower values are better; upper normal range is 160 mg/dL)
High egg group: 124 mg/dL
Low egg group: 172 mg/dL

Total cholesterol/HDL ratio (anything < 4.5 for males and < 5.0 for females is considered good)
High egg group: 3.4
Low egg group: 3.5

Last edited:
Posts like this make me smile haha. I love showing people proof that their low-fat, vegetable oil infested, soy tainted, pasteurized foods that are so 'healthy' really are just the opposite. Can't wait to get back to the offseason so I can start putting down the raw milk and cream! The Jerseys are out grazing now and everytime I come home and see a gallon with the thick layer of cream on the top my mouth starts watering.

Ok - so had my cholesterol measured again today. Here are the results:

Total - 186
HDL - 44
LDL - 121
Trig - 103
Blood Pressure 110/70

This was my readings on 9/2/09
Total - 167
HDL - 33
LDL - 112
Trig - 112
Blood pressure 104/70

This was my readings on 5/21/08 (started eating grass fed stuff right after this)
Total - 228
HDL - 18
LDL - 153
Trig - 76
Blood Pressure 120/80

This was the same nurse that I mentioned in my diet article. She was again amazed at my HDL jump. She said aren't you that guy that eats all of the eggs, and loves butter - now what are you eating....told her the only thing different was I am drinking tons more whole raw milk now..

Now I am not saying that I am going to live forever now, and that these readings mean anything, actually I don't put much stock in them in terms of likelihood of heart disease...but there are many good questions and posts that come up on here about how to get your cholesterol in a certain range. Also - again dietary cholesterol does not increase your readings...!!!

Well there you go, Raw milk, whole eggs, grass fed beef, organic grass fed butter, etc and the limiting of refined and simple carbs. I havent taken a cholesterol supplement in years. Plenty of healthy fats (including saturates) seems to do the body good...

JM

Wow, your response in raising your HDL is great. I cant remember where mine was last time, but I think it was maybe 40. I too used to have HDL like yours when it was bad. Im taking 500mg niaspan now for that and crestor. Mine has come up a lot too, but im using meds. Are you taking Niacin too? I would bet yes.

Wow, your response in raising your HDL is great. I cant remember where mine was last time, but I think it was maybe 40. I too used to have HDL like yours when it was bad. Im taking 500mg niaspan now for that and crestor. Mine has come up a lot too, but im using meds. Are you taking Niacin too? I would bet yes.

Hi Maldorf - no niacin - tried it in 2006 or 7...did the Niaspan...got nothing but a red face. No red rice stuff, resveratol..non of that...just good food and insulin mimetics.

JM

Great numbers

How does your thyroid look like?

TSH, Free T3?

Hi Maldorf - no niacin - tried it in 2006 or 7...did the Niaspan...got nothing but a red face. No red rice stuff, resveratol..non of that...just good food and insulin mimetics.

JM

Curious how you use your insulin mimetics and which ones you use?

holy toledo, my hdl is 13 with three meds. i run alot of gear maybe false positives? vytorin, trilipex, lovaza.

Last edited:
Curious how you use your insulin mimetics and which ones you use?

I use Chromium, ALA, Vanadyl, Gemnena Sylvestre, and a few others, all in different ways for different people...

JM

Looks good bro, but dont focus so much in your cholesterol levels. You should be focusing instead in your glucose and triglycerides levels, those are the "bad ones".

Haha - Lou my brother. You haven't read all my posts about cholesterol and refined carbs huh...lol...I put very little if any stock in Cholesterol numbers...but I am out to prove to the world that eating sat fat and cholesterol do not affect your lipid panel, and do not impact heart disease at all...I am with you my friend, best to look at resting glucose, c-reactive, and all the inflammation markers..

I also put this up to show people you can usually fix your numbers with food, you don't need drugs or supps...

All the best my friend,

JM

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member