over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Review my cutting diet please

jared530

Registered
Want to start cutting down for spring break, and also so I can start a Test E cycle.

Wt: 185
Ht: 5'8

BMR = 1923cals * 1.6activity level = 3077cals

Since im cutting I want to be 20% below maintenance(dr.bernardi) = 2460cals

**one of my main questions is, should I only be eating 2460cals even when i burning calories with cardio and weight lifting? Or should i be eating more to compensate for this expenditure?

Macro P/C/F 42/33/25

8:00am 2 MILE RUN Drink BCAAs Glutamine creatine in coffee
9:00am 1Cup oats + 3 scoops whey + 5 fish oils
12:00pm 5 eggs + 3 cups brocoli, 1C carrots, 1C celery, cucumber, spinach all blended
3:00pm 7oz tuna + 1/2 avocado
4:00pm PostWO: 1/2C Oats + 2 scoops whey +bcaa,glutamine, creatine, beta
5:30: PWO: 3 scoops whey, 40g waxy maize, bcaa glute
8:00pm *dying of starvation right now so i either eat 2 scoops of casein or small portion (3-4oz) of salmon or top sirloin. Even though it puts me over 2460cal.

Lifting as heavy as I can go to preserve as much muscle as possible

Last edited:
Prior to this diet, I was consuming about 3200-3400cals with ease. Today inthe gym , I fatigued super fast, but was still able to put up heavy weight.

Should use test prop, less water retension. Mix in a lil tren in too! Whats your protein intake calculated at?

**one of my main questions is, should I only be eating 2460cals even when i burning calories with cardio and weight lifting? Or should i be eating more to compensate for this expenditure?

well, if your activity level is accurate then that should be calculated in already in your daily allowance of cals. If you didn't take that into account when calculating your expected caloric expenditure, then adjust accordingly.

good luck.

Should use test prop, less water retension. Mix in a lil tren in too! Whats your protein intake calculated at?
what in the hell does that matter?? he is not stepping on a bodybuilding stage, he's just getting ready for spring break. he can get lean and dry with T.E. just fine, its all about diet, plus who wants to take all them pokes just to go on spring break? :eek:

what in the hell does that matter?? he is not stepping on a bodybuilding stage, he's just getting ready for spring break. he can get lean and dry with T.E. just fine, its all about diet, plus who wants to take all them pokes just to go on spring break? :eek:

why does this have to be said a millions times, is anyone listening

why does this have to be said a millions times, is anyone listening

no. sadly few people listen. :banghead:

and i will add, no one lives in a vaccum. meaning there are a million factors that can change ones metabolic rate. to design a diet based SOLEY on estimation of BMR and etc is not optimal.
i used to use all those calculations and etc then i finally got into macro nutrients and eating when i was hungry and my physiwque improved drastically.
-JS

my macros are 42/33/25 @ 2450cals

so ill just guess that i burn 1000 calories when i run 2 miles and lift for about 1-1.5hrs a day. So my caloric intake should be about 3450? And this should still put me 20% below maintence?

12:00pm 5 eggs + 3 cups brocoli, 1C carrots, 1C celery, cucumber, spinach all blended

This sounds absolutely disgusting. Btw, did you know consuming raw eggs is inefficient and you don't get nearly the protein absorption you would if they were cooked?

are you sure that your body will lose fat with that ratio of macro nutiretns??

Personaly i know id have to do a shit load of cardio to drop fat with that much carbs , but i'm very carb sensitive so...

I don't think that going by some formula that sombody else uses for them is a good idea.

this question is going to get million different answers... some make sense and others are really questionable...

:p

I think he does.

21 and 185... it not that hard you know. Why do you need to lower cals so much. I would increase protein and lower carbs... but everyone will respond differently. Gradually lower cals... mainly from carbs. Not sure how much you are training but I would do something like 5 days per week at 1 hour per day. The increased activity will be enough. Your diet isn't 'bad' but if you can't get to where you want with diet there is something wrong. It's such a complex subject with many possible routes to follow.

^ imo he's right. You're on a half gram of testosterone. work out very hard and pound some food and you'll recompose your body in 2-3 months.

imo you're over thinking it

- Im not on Test right now, I was to drop my bf for spring break AND prepare myself for a test cycle for the summer

- Im not consuming raw eggs, theyre cooked. The eggs are separate from the carb veggie shake

@elvia, Im in the gym 5x a week @ 1.5hrs/day

@gunsmith, I actually think im going to drop the carbs and up the fats by a few points. I was actually going to carb cycle, but i was reading dr.bernardi's articles and rather just eat carbs for breakfast and PWO.

Im going to wait for the initial drop in weight the first 2 weeks from starting the diet, then decrease cals by 100 for the following week. The lowest ill go on carbs is probably 28%, I feel like absolute dog shit anything below that. I split that 28% between two meals, so im eating 14% for breakfast and 14% PWO

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member