over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Reviews on your DC training...please and thank you

dgarr21

Registered
Alright ladies and Gents! It is real simple, did you do DC training created by the man himself AND did you see the impressive gains people speak of?? Just curious, saw an article online on T nation about DC training and wanted to know what the PM boys thought.

Havn't seen any more gains than other programs I have done, but I do it cause it's only 3x a week and I have a lot on my plate right now.

i did DC training as a natural, it was OK but my joints didn't particularly like it even with the higher rep RP. extreme stretching didn't do much for me

the thing i don't like about it is being tied down to a routine, nowadays i train by feel and what i feel like doing that day, sometimes i take 2 days off and sometimes i take 1 day off, sometimes i go 1 on 1 off, or 2 on 1 off, or what have you. i think training by instinct and response by how you feel like you recover, both your CNS and your muscles, is crucial to take you to an advanced level with your physique

I do dc.
currently on 3 way split.
if you can master the intensity , and know your body, its great.
I do sometimes add rest days , change a bit , add foam rolling...
and due to age , and save my joint by higher rp.

I do DC training al like it a lot. Of course, you do need to make adjustments and listen to your body. But I actually like being locked into a strict regimen, and I made much better gains that way.

You need good joints and no injuries to make gains on DC, I couldn't.

Gave it an honest shot but too much cns recruitment switched ower to a lil more volume still take a few sets in each exercise to failure,, has helped me alot escpecially in the arms, shoulder and leg department..

When done right, it works... but that's the same for all exercise.

I got BIG off DC training... but I like to also use volume workouts. I've also discovered what works for my body based on trial and error.

Give it a shot. If you do EVERYTHING right, it will work. Just don't get stuck on it. Try DC for 6 months... Mountaindog training for 6 months... etc.

When done right, it works... but that's the same for all exercise.

I got BIG off DC training... but I like to also use volume workouts. I've also discovered what works for my body based on trial and error.

Give it a shot. If you do EVERYTHING right, it will work. Just don't get stuck on it. Try DC for 6 months... Mountaindog training for 6 months... etc.

totally agree with Dave.
IMO not enough volume for contest prep, and it becomes a royal pain in the ass without a partner. nothing like having to ask someone you dont know or trust lay plates or a barbbell on ur lap to do rack chins then stay around til your done with the progression. the whole lack of a spotter, partner to help you grind out the sets becomes a problem quick especially as your strength goes through the roof (which it will). you can make do without one but at a certain point you just dread thinking which tool bag wearing underamrour am i going to ask and give a 5 minute dissertation on how to help me properly do my set

It helped improve my legs a shit ton. I however found that 6 weeks of that w about 12 weeks of good volume followed by 2 weeks of messing around works best for me. Follow it to a T like Dave said and it should be some good positive changes.

When I'm not dieting for photo shoots, I love DC for getting strong and thick. By far my favorite "routine".

I have been doing it since he revealed it over on Animals board...of coarse at times I stop..and switch it up ...but when I was 45 years old I hit my best weights and bdy weight ...on dc ...3 times a week ..
here I am almost 50 ..and hitting a cycle of it again

Did DC for a almost a year on low dose...was a good program... I didn't notice anytype of massive gains in anything tho OVER other programs I have done... I did like only training 3x a week... I don't like the rest pauses...I like the streches...I didn't like that by having to beat tha logbook in reps or lbs that the form and speeds change and its sometimes hard to judge if u beat logbook or not,... I like tha simplicity and full structured layed out program.... I like maxing out exercises... I do think legs need a lil more volume than tha 2 sets....I luv tha split.... I like that dante has a lot of unique exercises I hadn't done b4 like rack chins etc...

DC training has worked extremely well for me. Volume training tends to wear me down and after doing volume for a while it starts taking a toll on my joints and I lose the intensity. On DC my joints actually feel better and it just fits my life.

Additionally, the mindset and intensity that comes with DC training, knowing you really only have one set to make it or break it, adds an extra layer of focus and desire (for me at least). I've been DC'ing for just over a year, working with Scott Stevenson, and despite having a significant set-back health-wise after working with him for about 6 months I still gained over 20 pounds this year while dropping my bodyfat a bit. Also to note, I am on HRT (thyroid and test) but did not go above my prescribed dosage at all, so nothing can attributed to a new supplement program that added to those gains.

Like some others, it did not do anything more than other programs. I usually switch programs 2-3 times a year, so I will cycle back around to it, I get bored if I stick to one program too long. It works, but IMO just another program, find what you like and make gains off of.

I did it for about 8 months. I liked being able to look back in the log to see your progress. I had to do extra cardio (which I hate) to keep the same BF as I'd have with volume, simply because you don't burn as many calories on DC due to the low volume. And I often had too much elbow or shoulder pain to stick with the specific exercises like I needed to. It's certainly worth trying, but I just like the way volume feels while training, but I still incorperate rest pauses, statics and post training extreme stretching.

I love it...perfect combo for me..."power building" as its sometimes called...
My legs have grown a ton off of it...squat 500 for 10 and that will happen. Ive made the best strength gains off of DC...eat like a horse and the size will come...IMO you need to do at least 3-4 "blasts" to see if its for you...

Last edited:
I still log every workout. Have for 5 years. I don't save them. I just use a fat notebook and replace it when it runs out of pages.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws