over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rice cookers

opietaylor

Registered
anyone got a certain brand they recommend? mine sucks, it dries the rice out and makes it hard. I want something I can just leave the rice in during the day and take it out when I need it if thats possible. I don't trust the amazon reviews. the brand I have is called Aroma from Walmart and its crap. I have been buying my jasmine rice in the little microwave cups but that adds up money wise compared to buying a big bag. thanks for any help.

I cook mine in a pot.. Double the amount of water than the rice.. If I put 2 cups of rice (uncooked obviously) I put 4 cups of water.. Put stove on “Hi” until it boils then drop heat to half that for another 10-15 min, done. Rice always comes out soft and sticky.. I don’t like dry/hard rice either.. Put a top on the pot and I leave my rice there for 2-3 days at most, usually won’t last more than 2 days though lol

Aroma Rice Cooker. Get whatever size fits your need. Amazon/Costco have them.

well shit I measure the water and everything. mine overcooks. gonna try the old fashion method like Nemsz

Have you considered an instant pot? Rice in four minutes, quinoa in one or two. Not that there's anything wrong with a regular rice cooker, the instant pot can just do it much faster and you can use it for a million other foods, as well.

I second that. Instant Pot (tm) is the best. It's other uses are too many to count. My wife uses ours at least twice a week. Used it this morning for chili. She cooks rice (brown) for me in it all the time. Always perfect. Best kitchen investment known to man ;)

For rice or ground meats the Aroma is amazing and super easy to use! Right on Amazon!

Have you considered an instant pot? Rice in four minutes, quinoa in one or two. Not that there's anything wrong with a regular rice cooker, the instant pot can just do it much faster and you can use it for a million other foods, as well.
I LOVE MY INSTANT POT !
GREAT SUGGESTION !!

I have an Aroma as well. It has a top rack for steaming meat or vegetables. The chicken I steam comes out better than when I use the oven.

As for the rice I found using a bit more water than instructed cuts down on the burning. You will find the right amount thru trial and error.

I'm loving my Ninja foodie. Combo pressure cooker and air fryer. Rice in 4 minutes and then swap out the lid and make home fries or french fries for a different carb. Makes eating clean easy and taste much better.

I cook mine in a pot.. Double the amount of water than the rice.. If I put 2 cups of rice (uncooked obviously) I put 4 cups of water.. Put stove on “Hi” until it boils then drop heat to half that for another 10-15 min, done. Rice always comes out soft and sticky.. I don’t like dry/hard rice either.. Put a top on the pot and I leave my rice there for 2-3 days at most, usually won’t last more than 2 days though lol

This the best way imo

Oldschool ftw !

Tatung "indirect" rice cookers are amazing, pretty sure they are the most popular Chinese brand.

I have a small red rice cooker I got like over 10 years ago from Target, and it works great for simple white rice with a ;little added oil and seasoning. I use it a lot.

I also have an InstaPot, but it is kind of overkill for me, and a little more time needed in cleaning compared to my rice cooker.

If i am making Mexican rice, or something with more ingredients, I still just use my 3-5 quart pan on the stove. It's real easy and takes about the same time as the InstaPot....and i think it tastes better.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws