over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rich "grand Piana- Takes Border States Overall

Alex A

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have never called a show before it was over but in this case... I cant see it going any other way....

Rich will surely be the spoiler of the show as he decided to compete just a few days ago..

He originally planned to wait to compete at the NPC SaCramento to qualify for the nationals... but...he decided to jump into this show..

Rich is my first ever training partner and good friend since Junior High.. and actually got me into bodybuilding.

He is 5 weeks out ... And He needs every bit of the 5 weeks....but at 5'11" and 258lbs on stage... Rich Piana was the dominant force tonight.

Im always pulling for the lighter weight guys... but like last years Border States overall winner Big Dusty Hanshaw.... it seems like another big super will end up with the crown..

Rich is one hell of a bodybuilder.. and one big dude!.. He does need to go full steam ahead to do damage in Florida but i feel confident.. His last appearance at the nats got him 6th place..

Attachments

• rich.jpg
    rich.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 94,325

Attachments

• richback.jpg
    richback.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 61,220
holy.fucking.shit. :eek:

Crap...crazy huge!!

Dam he is huge! I agree, he will have to come in sharper for The Nationals.

He needs to come in much sharper.. I hope he can.....because the supers are a deep class..

I remember all the guys that went home after just 3 quarter turns and no posing...

Rich knows it.. He has done the nats and the usa twice each... and went home without placing more than once..

But.. he also placed 6th at the nationals and 7th at the USA.. but... hes been out of the game a while.. For a regional show like the border... he stood out like a sore thumb.. After prejudging ... people were lining up to take pictures with the guy...

He needs to come in much sharper.. I hope he can.....because the supers are a deep class..

I remember all the guys that went home after just 3 quarter turns and no posing...

Rich knows it.. He has done the nats and the usa twice each... and went home without placing more than once..

But.. he also placed 6th at the nationals and 7th at the USA.. but... hes been out of the game a while.. For a regional show like the border... he stood out like a sore thumb.. After prejudging ... people were lining up to take pictures with the guy...

Huge dude for sure. I remember a pic he posted on Mayhem a while back when he was weighing 300lbs and was pretty damn lean.

If he can tighten up and sharpen up his posing I can see him doing well.

As you know Chris...

Piana has been out of the loop a while..

I would say his biggest problem as a bber has been his ability to stay focused and continue to compete.. He has taken many layoffs in his career which dates back to teen nationals... Rich is 39 years old...

This was his longest layoff ever at nearly 5 years...

And yes he posted some pics with abs at 300lbs... He has some serious size going his way...

hard dieting, cardio and the suffering involved to be a good national level competitor has not a challenge for him..

Honestly.. I have been busting his ass for a very long time about getting back on stage. Im tired of seeing him look like that every day.... and not taking it to the stage... Im glad he did it.

I find it hard to really get a good look at him because of all the tat's

^ careful there man...his pec veins are liable to hear you talkin' like that and whip out at you and slice your head off :eek:

seriously I think his ink is fucking awesome and makes his physique look even better. Honestly the coolest looking physique I ever seen in my life!

Rich is amazing on and off stage. If he can combine overall conditioning with that kind of mass, he will be deadly.

Know we discussed this before, Alex. But Rich should seriously consider Masters Nats either next year or 2011. It is a deep and competitive event, but know he could rattle cages there. And pro cards are won!

Great guy(i know him personally also,havent talked to him in years though...i dont live in L.A anymore:()-but he is a real freak when you actualy see him in real life.(Alex-does he still trains at that north-hollywood golds?)

I hear you Gerry... I agree but he wont do it. He sees the masters nats as a handicapped class...

Rich would surely be pro if he had stuck to competing.. Keep in mind. he has been competing for 20 years... His mom still trains and is a former competitor.

Rich and I used to train at the YMCA together in High School and keeping up was always my goal..

In person Rich is much more impressive... A real monster and does look like a pro year round.. Hes as big as many... Look at him on stage... thats what he looks like most of the year..

He does still work out at North Hollywood Golds and Hollywood Golds.

I m really happy he has returned to stage..

I just really wish Rich would stick to competing and finish what he started.. I guess competing at the Border States was his start..

Check out the pics of Myself..... Rich, David Hughs and non other than Mark Dugdale in the posedown at the LA Championship in 2003.

Rich, Dave and I all train at North Hollywood Golds...

This was one of my first big shows..

Attachments

• la2003.jpg
    la2003.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 4,616
Last edited:
I hear you Gerry... I agree but he wont do it. He sees the masters nats as a handicapped class...

Rich would surely be pro if he had stuck to competing.. Keep in mind. he has been competing for 20 years... His mom still trains and is a former competitor.

Rich and I used to train at the YMCA together in High School and keeping up was always my goal..

In person Rich is much more impressive... A real monster and does look like a pro year round.. Hes as big as many... Look at him on stage... thats what he looks like most of the year..

He does still work out at North Hollywood Golds and Hollywood Golds.

I m really happy he has returned to stage..

I just really wish Rich would stick to competing and finish what he started.. I guess competing at the Border States was his start..

Check out the pics of Myself..... Rich, David Hughs and non other than Mark Dugdale in the posedown at the LA Championship in 2003.

Rich, Dave and I all train at North Hollywood Golds...

This was one of my first big shows..

Damn Alex, although your a LW in that class....you certainly held your own. you look as wide as you do tall. No pun!:D

Rich is a great guy .We grew up training in the same gym[Body and Power] and are the same age. I did not not know him well. But we do know each other and had some mutual friends. I knew he could be a pro back then. Has a structure to carry tons of mass . Has width plus freaky forearms and calfs. I have seen him better walking around than in those recent stage pics.......if he would just get serious and work with a guy like Alex .He could turn pro......I believe Rich can compete with a guy like Evan[ who I think is great ] if he ever got pealed.........I am glad for Rich on the win......He loves bbing.....but if he is going to do it ....then he should go for it.....btw I wouldnt have had a problem with our man Hutch beating him that night[ hutch is cool as hell and a great guy as well] ......because he was in much better shape .....I guess he just got out muscles by Rich's big ass....

RICH used to frequent the muscle mayhem board a few years back.. he was very informative about all aspects of bodybuilding.. answered any question thrown at him.. he said he used to train with extremely high reps all year round.. dont know if he still does but, the routine he gave me was 12 reps at its lowest and 30-40 at its highest.. and that was all exercises.. glad to see he took to the stage again.. seems like a nice guy..

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131