over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rich "grand Piana- Takes Border States Overall

Wow he looks AWESOME Alex!:eek:

He posted these a while back (maybe a year ago)....saying he was a tad under 300lbs at the time.

Attachments

• 6-14%20rich.jpg
    6-14%20rich.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 36,592
and this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpg
    IMG_1639.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 33,961
I hear you Gerry... I agree but he wont do it. He sees the masters nats as a handicapped class...
Rich would surely be pro if he had stuck to competing.. Keep in mind. he has been competing for 20 years... His mom still trains and is a former competitor.

Rich and I used to train at the YMCA together in High School and keeping up was always my goal..

In person Rich is much more impressive... A real monster and does look like a pro year round.. Hes as big as many... Look at him on stage... thats what he looks like most of the year..

He does still work out at North Hollywood Golds and Hollywood Golds.

I m really happy he has returned to stage..

I just really wish Rich would stick to competing and finish what he started.. I guess competing at the Border States was his start..

Check out the pics of Myself..... Rich, David Hughs and non other than Mark Dugdale in the posedown at the LA Championship in 2003.

Rich, Dave and I all train at North Hollywood Golds...

This was one of my first big shows..

Great post, Alex. I consider Rich an uncrowned pro.

And I guess Rich and I will agree to disagree about Masters Nats. If he saw the photos on MD, those classes were anything but handicapped. Might have been at one time, but not any more. The over 40 class winners were USA quality.

I hope Rich does continue to compete, no matter where he decides to. the sport needs him.

went out to dinner with Rich after the show...Really cool guy...

i dont know, and im not a judge, but couldnt this guy be a top pro with conditioning?

i dont know, and im not a judge, but couldnt this guy be a top pro with conditioning?

Yeah but the problem is that you have to win at a big show to turn pro...

Whats simply crazy about this guy is his potential... I remember back in high school we had a weight training class together.. It was a class instead of P.E . We also met up at the gym after school to workout each day..
It was punishment but a good foundation for me.

Believe it or not I was keeping up. .. I could bench and press as much as him back then. He weighed 180lbs and i was 150lbs.. We both benched 300lbs in high school..when i was 19 i finally hit 3 plates ... which was a big goal accomplished at the time.

Rich blew up and put on a ton of size.. ... In that pic that rich posted on Mayhem a while back, he was near 300lbs... and like i said.. back in high school he was training and competed at 180lbs.

Thats over 100lbs of lean weight he put on..

He competed off and on...... but during his laps of non competition he was always getting bigger... He won the Cal in98... upsetting Quincy Taylor who took 2nd.. Earlier in the year he won the orange county..

In 2003 he won the super heavy class at the LA ...did the USA and placed 11th then made a run at the nationals and didnt place...

The next year he did the nationals and placed 6th... The border states was his first time competing in 5 years and i could see the rust...but is main reason for doing the show was the qualification...

I agree that he surely would have a shot at the masters nats next year..... But Rich wants to compete against the best.. its not about turning pro or not.. He wants to compete against the best amateurs out there.

I am positive he wont ever do the masters nationals..

About his comback: The guy is so big walking around that... the question..." When is your next competition?" must be asked 2-3 times a day..

I know im about half his size.. but im relentless. I have not had a break from competing in 8 years and Rich has been to many of my shows..

He is actually really good luck for me...I think i have won my class 4 times when he was there to support me.. including the USA and LA twice.

I know i re kindled the fire for him to get back on stage.. Anyways, thanks for your time in reading and posting here...

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420