over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ricky Hatton Vs Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather is not a big welterweight and I think he even started his career at superfeatherweight. Yes he he fought De Le Hoya at 154 but Mayweather was 150 after bulking up. He ran all night and pickpocketed the fight against a past it De Le Hoya. Hatton will weigh more than Mayweather come fight night and is natuarally stronger and more agrressive than Mayweather. Mayweather is probably the most technical fighter ever but fights aren't won on technique alone. I don't know who's going to win this fight but the one thing Mayweather won't do is outmuscle Hatton.

Floyd is taller, has a seven inch reach advantage and has fought at higher weights than Hatton. Hatton is much more dangerous at 140, thats why he dropped down for his last fight.
Everybody just wants Floyd to lose. Only way Hatton would have a chance was if this fight was in England. No way Mayweather loses in Vegas. Joe Cortez is the referee and he doesn't allow the roughhouse boxing, he always seperates fighters in the clinch. I think Hatton maybe wins 3-4 rounds and gets cut up.

I did not say that I expect Hatton to win this fight but I do not see this as a clear cut win for Mayweather. You are right when you say Mayweather is taller, has a larger reach and has fought at a higher weight. I actually doubt Mayweather is a proper light-welter never mind welter. He has fought and won at higher than his natural weight beacuase of his wonderful defence, technique and speed. Hatton did have trouble against Collazo that is true. Collazo is much bigger than Floyd and has fought at Middleweight.
Hatton also took that fight at 6 weeks notice and had prepared for a fight at 140. Mayweathers natural weight is probably lightweight. There are plenty of shorter guys who belong in heavier weights than taller men.
The two boxers personalities aside, thius is not a straitforward win for either. The proof who is right will be in the fight and who is tronger in the clinches and who's punches do more damage. I am betting the answer to both of those questions will be Hatton. As to who wins the fight? I think it's a genuine 50-50

As tough as these two guys are, its amazing just how small they really are. I saw this pic on a boxing board and thought it was amusing. I realize most of us would look small next to these to guys, but still.....

Attachments

• ricky.jpg
    ricky.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 2,020
Did anyone get to see the weigh in? Hatton made the weight with 2 pounds to spare and Mayweather came in bang on the limit, we have been hearing reports over here of Hatton being at this weight weeks in advance which might mean he peaked for the fight too soon (I hope not). Hattons entrence to the weigh in was to the sound of cheers and Mayweather steped out to the sound of boos. The funny thing is Mayweather is the home fighter, but the home crowd hate him and there are going to be 30,000 Brits over there cheering Hatton on, which will make it just that bit harder for Floyd.

I really hope cuts dont play a part in this fight for either corner, Hatton biggest weakness is that he has fragile skin, sharp eye brows and cheek bones, cuts will be a shyte way to end this fight and Ill feel raped if it happens to Hatton (not literally).

Just like Hatton said at the weigh in: "LETS FUKING AVE HIM"!!!!

Did anyone get to see the weigh in? Hatton made the weight with 2 pounds to spare and Mayweather came in bang on the limit, we have been hearing reports over here of Hatton being at this weight weeks in advance which might mean he peaked for the fight too soon (I hope not). Hattons entrence to the weigh in was to the sound of cheers and Mayweather steped out to the sound of boos. The funny thing is Mayweather is the home fighter, but the home crowd hate him and there are going to be 30,000 Brits over there cheering Hatton on, which will make it just that bit harder for Floyd.

I really hope cuts dont play a part in this fight for either corner, Hatton biggest weakness is that he has fragile skin, sharp eye brows and cheek bones, cuts will be a shyte way to end this fight and Ill feel raped if it happens to Hatton (not literally).

Just like Hatton said at the weigh in: "LETS FUKING AVE HIM"!!!!

Don't start with the excuses now(j/k) because it is only hours before the massacre

Yeah I know im getting a little nervey right now, but the cuts thing has always been a factor for Hatton and his corner, that being said I still back Hatton to win this 100%.

Yeah I know im getting a little nervey right now, but the cuts thing has always been a factor for Hatton and his corner, that being said I still back Hatton to win this 100%.

That's what I wanted to see ride that pony till death. And this is going to be hatton's funeral

the judges only scored 2 rounds at best for Hatton. Hatton did his best, but Mayweather was just too clever and fast.

the judges only scored 2 rounds at best for Hatton. Hatton did his best, but Mayweather was just too clever and fast.

Hatton had alot of heart and being the fighter he is he would rather go out in a blaze rather than lose a decision. He earned alot more fans tonight

I cant knock Mayweather anymore...He adapted to Hattons style, found a rythm and it was done...Mayweather knew he had a fight on his hands after the first 2 rounds...This wasnt a walk in the park for floyd...I like the way both fighters fought...It worth my money and I think it was a good night for boxing...No dancing class but actual boxing...props to both guys...

It was boxer vs the brawler in there and the boxer always wins. Not making up excuses, but the fans got Hatton way too psyched up for this which worked against him, he was too agressive which made him smother his work, also ref Joe cortez was a joke (dont get me started).
I think when fighters like mayweather have that aura around them the guys who have to fight them loose it for themselves by getting caught up in the moment and forgetting the game plan.

LESSON LEARNED, bet with your head and not your heart!!!

PS Our fans were definetly out of order for booing your national anthem.

Last edited:
It was boxer vs the brawler in there and the boxer always wins. Not making up excuses, but the fans got Hatton way too psyched up for this which worked against him, he was too agressive which made him smother his work, also ref Joe cortez was a joke (dont get me started).
I think when fighters like mayweather have that aura around them the guys who have to fight them loose it for themselves by getting caught up in the moment and forgetting the game plan.

LESSON LEARNED, bet with your head and not your heart!!!

PS Our fans were definetly out of order for booing your national anthem.

Joe Cortez did seem a little bias to Mayweather but it was a great fight. As for the booing, I think they were more for Mayweather than the Anthem because any sport's board you go to the brit fans are very apologetic.

The result is the result and no one can change that. But the ref was an idiot. Fuck knows how he was there for a fight like that.

I LOVE the excuses "The fans got him too hyped up," Joes Cortez was biased..ETC" Give Floyd Mayweather his due! He out boxed Hatton and was dominant in the majority of the fight. Why can't it be that he's just a superior fighter to Hatton? Why do these excuses always have to be a part of it?! As it turns out, MM wasn't talking shit. He was telling the truth. He is POUND FOR POUND THE BEST BOXER IN THE WORLD! Deal with it and give him his respect!!!! Money Mayweather, FTW!!!

Hatton got his ass kicked period, totally out boxed and Ricky knows it. Must add cost me a bloody fortune, I got all caught up in the hype and bet if Ricky heavy, looks like no Turkey for CHristmas for me !!!!:p

Out Boxed??

I LOVE the excuses "The fans got him too hyped up," Joes Cortez was biased..ETC" Give Floyd Mayweather his due! He out boxed Hatton and was dominant in the majority of the fight. Why can't it be that he's just a superior fighter to Hatton? Why do these excuses always have to be a part of it?! As it turns out, MM wasn't talking shit. He was telling the truth. He is POUND FOR POUND THE BEST BOXER IN THE WORLD! Deal with it and give him his respect!!!! Money Mayweather, FTW!!!

Well maybe your right. Maybe he is a better "BOXER". Boxing isn't real fighting though, which is what most of us want to see. """A FIGHT"""". I would bet my money on Hatton in a real fight on the street corner.

The entire ""boxing match""" consisted of Hatton engaging Mayweather, getting in close, and the ref separating them. over and over and over again.

Obviously, its a good strategy for Mayweather. His record speaks for itself. However, he is very boring to watch and the only thing dominating about him is his record. He most certainly doesn't dominate his opponent.

He needs to realize he is a ""boxer"". not a ""fighter"". atleast when speaking in terms of professional fighters. He has stated that UFC is a fad/joke and that they are not real athletes and has said he would knock out chuck Lidell which is a rediculous statement and disrespectful.

He is boring as hell to watch as is pretty much all of professional boxing now a days and on top of that he is just a lousy dude with a bad attitude. I will never say anything positive about Floyd. M.

I would rather watch Scooby Doo re-runs than watch him BOX to be honest.

Win or lose, Mayweather is still a dickhead, and not just a dickhead for the camera like Tito Ortiz in UFC, but a real life shitty person. Terrible ambassador for the sport. So glad the current Mr. O isn't like that.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear