over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ridiculous out of shape bodybuilder!

Skip,

You made some really solid points. I too am training/dieting for my first show in May. My accomplishment will be just having the balls/dedication to finish the dieting process and get up on stage.

I am realistic about how placing will probably be but... I am not gonna half-ass it. I am going to show my kids that even though I am "old" by their standards, anything is possible if you put your heart and soul into it.

I'm glad you said what you did, because I honestly thought WTF when I saw this guy the first time... this opened my eyes a little to how shallow I can be at times!

Thanks!

I almost feel like I'm watching the movie Rudy, or Lucas reading some of these recent responses. Come on guys, seriously? Who are we kidding? I'm glad there are some very optimistic people that can see what they perceive to be the good in all things. But, the majority of people that compete or are at least into bodybuilding, have to be into themselves to some degree. And if you can't admit that then please continue lying to yourself. I'm not saying everyone is narcissitic, but we like to look at our body's and like changing them for the better. BUT, at the end of the day, a bodybuilding contest is a competition. Maybe I'm being too hard. Fine, but that's my personal opinion. I personally, would never get up on stage for a bodybuilding and fitness competition looking like the jello man. Nor would I enter a chess championship if I couldn't play chess worth shit, or a beauty pagent if I had a horse-head, or singing audition if I was tone deaf.

I also feel an event that isn't judged is completely different and anyone should give it a shot if that's something that would help them get over a fear or whatever other challenge they're trying to overcome.

Go ahead and do one of these, :naughty:, or whatever else you'd like, but if you think this was good for the sport then I'm happy for you and your happy thoughts.

Someone getting up on stage after overcoming some sort of adversity does much more for the sport than your attitude does. You are entitled to your opinion and if that is how you feel, well, good for you. I am no angel, for sure, but I find that these people deserve respect as much as anyone else. Your attitude is typical of the narcissism in this sport. Continue thinking you are better than other people. It helps the sport's image, immensely. :(

To anyone that laughs at anyone on stage: The next time you do that, be sure to look around after you do it to see the look on their kid's face or their wife or mother's face when you find out they are sitting next to you. Or, you could have some class and cheer the guy on for having the nuts to get up there.

Skip
I almost feel like I'm watching the movie Rudy, or Lucas reading some of these recent responses. Come on guys, seriously? Who are we kidding? I'm glad there are some very optimistic people that can see what they perceive to be the good in all things. But, the majority of people that compete or are at least into bodybuilding, have to be into themselves to some degree. And if you can't admit that then please continue lying to yourself. I'm not saying everyone is narcissitic, but we like to look at our body's and like changing them for the better. BUT, at the end of the day, a bodybuilding contest is a competition. Maybe I'm being too hard. Fine, but that's my personal opinion. I personally, would never get up on stage for a bodybuilding and fitness competition looking like the jello man. Nor would I enter a chess championship if I couldn't play chess worth shit, or a beauty pagent if I had a horse-head, or singing audition if I was tone deaf.

I also feel an event that isn't judged is completely different and anyone should give it a shot if that's something that would help them get over a fear or whatever other challenge they're trying to overcome.

Go ahead and do one of these, :naughty:, or whatever else you'd like, but if you think this was good for the sport then I'm happy for you and your happy thoughts.

Amen to that.

I told my kid a few years ago when he was laughing at the last place finisher by over a lap at a track meet, that the kid in last place had way more guts then the guy who won. Everyone wants to come in first and will compete if they think they will win but it takes moral courage and character to know you are going to come in last and still do it. I applauded way harder for the last place finisher than the winner of the event.

Made me think of this girl jumping hurdles. Lot of credit for not giving up after falling and feeling that pain.
YouTube - The Most Intensely Horrible High School Girls' Hurdles Race You'll Ever See

It takes no more effort to be a builder of others than a destroyer. I always remember that people give out what they feel inside themselves. Thanks for the video of the girls.

Continue thinking you are better than other people. It helps the sport's image, immensely.

Perhaps you're not completely understanding what I'm saying. I am not 'into myself'. I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I'm actually pretty humble and I'm probably one of the nicest guys you'll never meet. But, again, and I stress, when it comes to a bodybuilding competition, I think contestants at the very least should be IN SHAPE for the contest. Why is this so sinister?

I don't think that is sinister. lol I agree with that part. I don't agree with you when you say that everyone should be able to compete IF IT WEREN'T JUDGED.

My point simply is: who are we (or you) to say who can or should compete and who shouldn't? EVERYONE has the right to compete and be respected for getting up there because we don't know the stories behind all of these people. I prefer to respect anyone that gets on stage for whatever their reason for competing. Others feel it is ok to laugh and make fun of them because they aren't in great shape. I would say THAT is sinister but I don't think you were making fun of anyone, for the record.

Skip
Perhaps you're not completely understanding what I'm saying. I am not 'into myself'. I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I'm actually pretty humble and I'm probably one of the nicest guys you'll never meet. But, again, and I stress, when it comes to a bodybuilding competition, I think contestants at the very least should be IN SHAPE for the contest. Why is this so sinister?

I don't think that is sinister. lol I agree with that part. I don't agree with you when you say that everyone should be able to compete IF IT WEREN'T JUDGED.

My point simply is: who are we (or you) to say who can or should compete and who shouldn't? EVERYONE has the right to compete and be respected for getting up there because we don't know the stories behind all of these people. I prefer to respect anyone that gets on stage for whatever their reason for competing. Others feel it is ok to laugh and make fun of them because they aren't in great shape. I would say THAT is sinister but I don't think you were making fun of anyone, for the record.

Skip

Ok Skip, I understand your point and completely respect your opinion.

i have a mentally handicapped friend who has been competing the last 15 years. crazy thing is he has gradually gotten better and is now winning shows. if he didn't insist on painting himself with fricken home-made paint he would be doing even better.

i have a mentally handicapped friend who has been competing the last 15 years. crazy thing is he has gradually gotten better and is now winning shows. if he didn't insist on painting himself with fricken home-made paint he would be doing even better.

lmfao at home made paint. good for hi dedication.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws