over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Right Foot on Fire ! Need advice

jackdiggler

Registered
Hey fellas, got a odd question.

A week ago I was driving and my right last 3 toes started to burn like my feel asleep or something. The pain became worse as it traveled to the balls of my foot and eventually I had to pull over to the side of the road and get out. The pain felt like someone had a blow torch to my foot. When I got out walked around it felt much better. The pain/tingling is very odd. It feels like pins and needles and then turns to fire. Hurts so bad. When I'm working out comes and goes, but it is out of control while driving. When I get to work it subsides and becomes normal. It's only the right foot. I started rips 2 months ago.

Anyway, I went to the foot doc yesterday and he told me I had nerve damage in my foot ? I looked him like he was crazy. I then asked how could I have nerve damage in one foot and it came out of nowhere. He said it could be from new sneakers or just the way I run. He prescribed me Metanx, which is supposed to regenerate nerve growth. I picked up from the pharmacy and looked it up. It's a expensive ass vitamin that diabetics take.

I then decided to check my blood glucose and it was fine. Any ideas here fellas ? I'm thinking it some type of pinched nerve ? I did tweak my 2 days before this happened while squatting.

Thanks

Do you have any lower back pain and slight tingling in your leg? My first thought would be piriformis syndrome.

Take a baseball and place it under your right glute near the lower/middle/outside area of your glute.(your sitting on the baseball) Roll around from side to side,if you hit the piriformis muscle and it hurts like a Mother Fucker,your in the right spot. With your leg extended straight out in front of you, elevate it a few inches off of the ground ,move your foot to the left > right. Then lift your leg up and outward to the right. This will help loosen the piriformis muscle.

Other than that, I Douno? Maybe someone else can chim in.

Do you have any lower back pain and slight tingling in your leg? My first thought would be piriformis syndrome.

Take a baseball and place it under your right glute near the lower/middle/outside area of your glute.(your sitting on the baseball) Roll around from side to side,if you hit the piriformis muscle and it hurts like a Mother Fucker,your in the right spot. With your leg extended straight out in front of you, elevate it a few inches off of the ground ,move your foot to the left > right. Then lift your leg up and outward to the right. This will help loosen the piriformis muscle.

My back feels fine. I definitely tweeked it the other day, but nothing too crazy. Looking for a baseball right now.

Stewie, thanks for replying. I am pretty desperate. The pain is like nothing I have ever felt. I'm going to my GP next week to see if he give me a better diagnosis than the foot doctor.

Could be gout, I had an older client get it, and he very similar symptoms centered around his big toe. Trying drinking a shitload of water and reducing protein intake. Are you on a high protein diet? Do you drink a lot of water?

If you had an event involving the lower back recently, it may be nerve related like Stewie said...

Definitely see the doctor.

I was thinking gout as well. I have a training client that has issues with it at a young age. At 25, his doctor says its the earliest case he's seen. Any swelling at all?

Could be gout, I had an older client get it, and he very similar symptoms centered around his big toe. Trying drinking a shitload of water and reducing protein intake. Are you on a high protein diet? Do you drink a lot of water?

If you had an event involving the lower back recently, it may be nerve related like Stewie said...

Definitely see the doctor.

I drink around 6 liters of water per day. I do eat a lot of protein though. Around 400 grams. I guess it could be gout ? Is it possible to get in foot only ? Also I'm 33.

I was thinking gout as well. I have a training client that has issues with it at a young age. At 25, his doctor says its the earliest case he's seen. Any swelling at all?

No swelling that I could see. My toes do get red and hot. The only thing that is weird is if it was gout wouldn't it hurt the same while working out ? It hurts while working out, but driving is nuts. Craziest thing I have ever felt.

what kind of drugs are you using? could it be something as serious as a bloodclot?

I asked the foot doctor yesterday if it was gout and he said no. Not sure how you tell unless you have a blood test.

what kind of drugs are you using? could it be something as serious as a bloodclot?

Hrt dose test cyp from doc. 100 mgs per week and 5 iu day of rips. The foot checked my foot pressure and said it was OK. I would be shocked if I had a blood clot considering I have no swelling

Hrt dose test cyp from doc. 100 mgs per week and 5 iu day of rips. The foot checked my foot pressure and said it was OK. I would be shocked if I had a blood clot considering I have no swelling

fair 'nuff. just making sure you arent over looking something that could be pretty serious. dont want to see anyone get messed up.

fair 'nuff. just making sure you arent over looking something that could be pretty serious. dont want to see anyone get messed up.

All good bro. I pretty safe with my sups. I'm too chicken shit, hence this is why I started this thread.

I have exactly the same thing in both feet...and it cam on quite quickly wile training Taekwondo

Priformus or glute min injury could be the issue...as well as sciatic nerve impingemnt.

I have calcification in both glutes from previous hamstring and glute tears and nerve impingement somewhere in both legs that is causing it...

When I sit it gets worse....

My physiotherapist tested me by having me set up against a wall like I was going to do a single leg joggers calf stretch, toes up on the wall heel down leg straight, then slowly stretch like i was going into a good morning position, bending from the hip sticking my but back...going slowly I could fire the tingling in my toes and ball of the foot....go upright and it would turn off....easy way to tell if it is nerves.

I foam roll my hamstrings, calves and glutes....use the baseball on my glutes and a golfball on the bottom of my feet....plus fully imersed ice baths for both feet...and acupuncture along the nerve

It is getting better with time...

sorry for my spelling

Is it possibly a sciatic nerve problem (unsure of spelling))

If you recently had an "event" with your lower back, it surely could be the sciatic nerve. Have you had any strange sensations in the same leg? The meds your doctor prescribed could be for the symtoms of neuropathy.

definitely sounds like a nerve problem to me. i have had similar issues and that was the problem.

Update

Is it possibly a sciatic nerve problem (unsure of spelling))

Went to my GP and it is most likely a pinched nerve. Have a MRI for scheduled for tomorrow and then a appointment on Tuesday for a pain management doc. Thanks for all the replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131