YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP ANIMAL. (OG's know who I'm talking about)

Man that sucks, I’m somewhat new to this scene but even I knew his name well just from snippets of information that came from his experimenting. He gave a lot, guys like that are the ones that need to be remembered.

I remember a couple years ago trying to get on his board looking for info on something specific that he had experimented with but I couldn’t even get a hold of anyone through the first page to do that. I had a respect for that, if it was about the money then it wouldn’t have been that hard.

I say it all the time and I feel like I’ve been saying it way too much around here lately....fuck this hell earth we live on we should all be so lucky.

He brought alot to the bodybuilding community. Sometimes he seemed out there on some things, but seemed to just be further ahead of others thinking and mindset at the time. His "animalbolics" diet atleast for me, was another good contribution to the community.

oh shit, been a few months since I checked in over there. fuck

I had many "lively" discussions with him back in the day. He'd get banned an unbanned more times than anyone I know. Sad to hear this news.

"

Will miss him. I'm pretty sure his board was the first time I read "Cycling For Pennies". Maybe DoggCrapp can confirm.

The first person I can recall who talked about IGF-LR. DNP too.

I remember a picture that got posted after he was raided for GHB. It was a tank that the police claimed to be filled with GHB. Turned out it was gasoline he was hording after 911.

Will miss him. I'm pretty sure his board was the first time I read "Cycling For Pennies". Maybe DoggCrapp can confirm.

I remember a picture that got posted after he was raided for GHB. It was a tank that the police claimed to be filled with GHB. Turned out it was gasoline he was hording after 911.

Definitely not DNP. Duchaine brought that back in the old Muscle Media 2000 days and Lyle McDonald was one of the first to trial run it on the misc.fitness.weights board. This was late 90s IIR.

Definitely not DNP. Duchaine brought that back in the old Muscle Media 2000 days and Lyle McDonald was one of the first to trial run it on the misc.fitness.weights board. This was late 90s IIR.
I guess let me clarify. I do believe Animal wrote a "how to guide" that was available after he quit selling it. Animal was the first person at the time "I" recall talking about it.

Yes, DD gets the credit. I also remember Lyle's first journal where he was living with DD while shedding his baby fat. I recall Lyle said it was easier to lift while on than do cardio.

Got to keep our history accurate :)

RIP Animal. I can't believe he's gone. I know some had issues with him but he always did right by me.
A member purchased the domain name and the site is back up but I'm not sure if it will continue.

Operation Webslinger” in 2002
He fled to Europe after that but still kept posting on his board to keep people updated on what was going on. His Kits where the shit for fina pellets. Craziness, Too young to go! RIP Animal

Thats a name I haven't heard about in years. I definitley remember the home brew things he did, when he was on Elite Fitness. RIP brother.

Are you the Ian who started Varix?

Mr. BMJ:

Varix was the first board I participated in. Maybe not first I lurked on, but it was where PekkerWood was born. It was kind a a smallish board compared to elite and some of the others. It was the only one I actually posted to, and the first one I had interactions with members off the boards.

Animal was young then and Animal, at a time, was a regular contributor. I ordered his kits. Used them with the Sus Redijects with the 18 or 19 gauge pin, and Reforvit. Got big, strong, and red from high blood pressure!
Those days on Varix with Animal, Testy, and the boys were where I started learning. It truly felt like a family. I think I accessed it through MindSpring and felt superior because I was not going through AOL.
I never spoke with Animal IRL and was never on the receiving end of any of the interweb rants. I sort of thought of him in those early days like a troubled artist of sorts, except his art was body enhancing compounds.

I feel older now than I did a few minutes ago.

I hope Animal has found his peace for what comes next.

Pwood

Truly sad to hear this. I had no idea he was still around and this well known.

I’m 38 years old. I discovered the boards way back in the 90’s when I was only 15. Spent a lot of time on Meso back then.

I bought a bottle of loose DNP powder from Animal during that time. It was the first bodybuilding drug I ever purchased. I’ll never forget it.

Mr. BMJ:

Varix was the first board I participated in. Maybe not first I lurked on, but it was where PekkerWood was born. It was kind a a smallish board compared to elite and some of the others. It was the only one I actually posted to, and the first one I had interactions with members off the boards.

Animal was young then and Animal, at a time, was a regular contributor. I ordered his kits. Used them with the Sus Redijects with the 18 or 19 gauge pin, and Reforvit. Got big, strong, and red from high blood pressure!
Those days on Varix with Animal, Testy, and the boys were where I started learning. It truly felt like a family. I think I accessed it through MindSpring and felt superior because I was not going through AOL.
I never spoke with Animal IRL and was never on the receiving end of any of the interweb rants. I sort of thought of him in those early days like a troubled artist of sorts, except his art was body enhancing compounds.

I feel older now than I did a few minutes ago.

I hope Animal has found his peace for what comes next.

Pwood

Yea man, I was on a few years prior at EF/bolix/meso/mfw, etc. I took a break from the boards from around 98-late 99/early 2000 due to college, so I missed the whole Varix forum. It was still going in the early 2000's, but when I came back I had to kind of rebuild what name I had from the past...not that I considered it much then or now. Even in the early 2000's i was so busy with school, I only really posted at EF/CEM/AnabolicFitness....but even in that short time I was gone, a TON had changed and so many people were already gone. A lot were on Varix, but I had lost contact with them. I first met Animal on EF at the end of 96, or beginning of 97, but he was on mfw prior to that, but I was only a reader for that newsgroup and never participated in their shitstorm, lol. I was pretty young too, so seeing a lot of the guys posting there, who were also writing in the magazines, was pretty intimidating. That's where I first started reading posts by Dante, then years later, around '97, EF started their private forum called EliteFitnessSelect and he was on there too, as well as Duchaine and pretty much everybody for a short while. I remember Duchaine and Animal couldn't stand each other back then...not sure if they ever made amends or not before Dan died? When I started back at EF in 2000, I think testy was a mod there too at some point IIRC. Most of the mods that were on EF became mods on Anabolic Fitness a few years later. Now most of them stop in at Basskiller's site.

I think varix changed hands a few times, then Badham got it, and he had the database saved, but he passed away a few years back, and now I think Sturge may have it. They all post at Basskiller's site now, WCBB, after Badham passed and his board shut down. Pig Vomit has been posting a lot lately at WCBB, and he and Animal had a history as well. I think PV was the one who posted Animal's picture first back in the day, lol.

LOL, I remember micro2000 here going at it with Animal back in the day, it was funny until Animal started editing everybody's posts he didn't agree with.

So many good times. Even the bad ones us old-timers reflect back on....it's in our blood. I've invested too many years of these forums into my life, I have to imagine i'll be on them until I can't read or get dementia, lol!

I def remember him. I was on a few forums he was on and would read some of his publishings.

RIP to a true OG. Hes one of those guys that when he made a post Id think "Ok this guy knows his shit."

He def thought outside the box

Yea man, I was on a few years prior at EF/bolix/meso/mfw, etc. I took a break from the boards from around 98-late 99/early 2000 due to college, so I missed the whole Varix forum. It was still going in the early 2000's, but when I came back I had to kind of rebuild what name I had from the past...not that I considered it much then or now. Even in the early 2000's i was so busy with school, I only really posted at EF/CEM/AnabolicFitness....but even in that short time I was gone, a TON had changed and so many people were already gone. A lot were on Varix, but I had lost contact with them. I first met Animal on EF at the end of 96, or beginning of 97, but he was on mfw prior to that, but I was only a reader for that newsgroup and never participated in their shitstorm, lol. I was pretty young too, so seeing a lot of the guys posting there, who were also writing in the magazines, was pretty intimidating. That's where I first started reading posts by Dante, then years later, around '97, EF started their private forum called EliteFitnessSelect and he was on there too, as well as Duchaine and pretty much everybody for a short while. I remember Duchaine and Animal couldn't stand each other back then...not sure if they ever made amends or not before Dan died? When I started back at EF in 2000, I think testy was a mod there too at some point IIRC. Most of the mods that were on EF became mods on Anabolic Fitness a few years later. Now most of them stop in at Basskiller's site.

I think varix changed hands a few times, then Badham got it, and he had the database saved, but he passed away a few years back, and now I think Sturge may have it. They all post at Basskiller's site now, WCBB, after Badham passed and his board shut down. Pig Vomit has been posting a lot lately at WCBB, and he and Animal had a history as well. I think PV was the one who posted Animal's picture first back in the day, lol.

LOL, I remember micro2000 here going at it with Animal back in the day, it was funny until Animal started editing everybody's posts he didn't agree with.

So many good times. Even the bad ones us old-timers reflect back on....it's in our blood. I've invested too many years of these forums into my life, I have to imagine i'll be on them until I can't read or get dementia, lol!

Wow, you brought back some memories. I am only 6 years older than Animal but for some reason I have "felt" older. "Pig Vomit"!. That is a name I haven't heard in a while. I certainly remember his posts. I was never tempted to post on any of the other boards, but for some reason, Varix seemed more like a club. A lot what bickering there was seemed reasonably good natured and not "Keyboard Commando" type stuff. It seems like I got a Duchaine newsletter back in the day but I could be halucinating that. I had the bodyopus book that I followed as well. This seemed like the time period where Butt Plug Philips had his magazine then renamed it MM2000 or something like that. That guy was everywhere and getting eviscerated. He wiped his tears with $100's though.

I agree with you that the boards have been a pretty consistent part of my life for 25 years or so. I do not get on them as much as I did. I often feel like the old fogey I am as I typically try to encourage people to err on the side of caution and to consider perspective. I have seen people invest unequitable amounts of time and money at the expense of family and career that I personally feel, if reversed, would have given more life satisfaction in the long run. See? I did it again. Old Fogey!

Pwood

Wow, you brought back some memories. I am only 6 years older than Animal but for some reason I have "felt" older. "Pig Vomit"!. That is a name I haven't heard in a while. I certainly remember his posts. I was never tempted to post on any of the other boards, but for some reason, Varix seemed more like a club. A lot what bickering there was seemed reasonably good natured and not "Keyboard Commando" type stuff. It seems like I got a Duchaine newsletter back in the day but I could be halucinating that. I had the bodyopus book that I followed as well. This seemed like the time period where Butt Plug Philips had his magazine then renamed it MM2000 or something like that. That guy was everywhere and getting eviscerated. He wiped his tears with $100's though.

I agree with you that the boards have been a pretty consistent part of my life for 25 years or so. I do not get on them as much as I did. I often feel like the old fogey I am as I typically try to encourage people to err on the side of caution and to consider perspective. I have seen people invest unequitable amounts of time and money at the expense of family and career that I personally feel, if reversed, would have given more life satisfaction in the long run. See? I did it again. Old Fogey!

Pwood

P, I think most of us who are older (hell, i'm only 44) have changed our approach and sound like old fogies these days. I think it comes with the territory, especially if you have had a scare like you have, or just having kids in our lives. Dante is a Godsend imo, for modern day users, though he's preached safety the whole time. The good thing is for the most part, we can still have fun and reach a high percentage of our goals, for the most part, in a safe sane way. There's is always that fine line where you want people to experience the fun we all had back in the day, but then you also want to step in and say "hey man, you might want to calm it down a bit, or a lot" too. I'll say, there was certainly high doses back in the day, but these days, it's way beyond what I ever thought they'd be.

Animal did his part in helping, he should be given credit for those doings....just wish he'd have found a little more peace along the way. There is so much beauty and fun in life if you just look for it and accept it. Boards should never dictate your life, they are their for fun, friendship, and education...well, for me at least. I can be pissed off at a post, but still able to leave my pc and room and go out with a smile around my kids. I hope Animal found some of that later in his life.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws