over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Bill Starr

Whey2Heavy

Registered
Bill Starr died tonight.

He may not have been involved in the sport of bodybuilding, but as someone whose first love was Powerlifting I have always greatly respected Bill Starr. He was one of the pioneers in strength and conditioning, and I always enjoyed listening to what the man had to say. The fitness industry has unfortunately lost another iconic figure, may he rest in peace.

Bill Starr died tonight.

He may not have been involved in the sport of bodybuilding, but as someone whose first love was Powerlifting I have always greatly respected Bill Starr. He was one of the pioneers in strength and conditioning, and I always enjoyed listening to what the man had to say. The fitness industry has unfortunately lost another iconic figure, may he rest in peace.

Hmmm, ive never heard of him? Was he an older guy?

Hmmm, ive never heard of him? Was he an older guy?
Here's a short bio about him,
**broken link removed**

"Bill Starr, author of The Strongest Shall Survive, Defying Gravity and his massive 725-page fiction, The Susquehanna River Hills Chronicles, is a former Olympic lifter and powerlifting competitor. In 1966 he moved to York, Pennsylvania, where he became the assistant editor of Strength and Health magazine, and later became the strength and conditioning coach for the Baltimore Colts, the Houston Oilers, and at the University of Hawaii, the University of Maryland and Johns Hopkins. He currently writes for MILO and Iron Man magazines."

very knowledgeable. i used to love read his articles every month. i learned a lot from his writings.

I had a whole bunch of his books. Huge loss.

That is a loss to the community. I remember reading his articles in the late '80's / early 90's when he served as a coach for John Hopkins Univ. May he RIP.

very knowledgeable. i used to love read his articles every month. i learned a lot from his writings.
Same here. I got into lifting as a kid through my grandfather. My grandfather had a collection of almost every Milo Magazine, and a number of Books by Bill Starr that he gave to me. I still have all of them today, and go back to read through them frequently. Bill's writings were a part of my childhood, and what got me into strength training.

Bill was a wealth of knowledge regarding sound training and acquiring strength. I loved his writing and always picked up something useful. What a loss.

I used to read his articles in Ironman magazine. The man was a real pioneer in strength training. Like others have said, the 5x5 routine is one of the most famous strength programs of all time.

Bill Starr died tonight.

Sorry to hear of this great loss to the powerlifting community and his family and friends.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131