over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Charles Poliquin

really shocking. He's still very fit looking and active in social media. :(

Does anyone know how he died?

I thought he was always promoting health..... low carb eating, grass fed wild meat, etc.

May he rest in peace and the family ve eased by all those who he touched and had an impact on. Gone but not forgotten.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how he died?

I thought he was always promoting health..... low carb eating, grass fed wild meat, etc.

Well if you think about it, he had a heart attack in 1994. If he hadn't approached that type of healthy lifestyle afterwards, he probably would have died a long time ago. I'm sure whatever he was doing bought him a lot of time.

rest in peace brother

I am beyond grateful every time my feat touch the floor of the early morning, letting me know I've been blessed with at least 1 more day.

I loved the old muscle media articles. The man lived an inspiring journey. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. 🙏

wow i can't believe that! he just opened a gym in colorado. so sad.

Dead at 57 very strange must be drugs related as usual

You just shouldn't make blind assumptions when you don't know the facts. Every time someone in the bodybuilding community has a heart attack fellow bodybuilders and gear users on the boards sound worse than Joe public that knows nothing about gear. Making blind assumptions about how much gear and this and that is irresponsible. We all do it, we all take that same risk.

For some of us "playing it safe" well that amount could be killing us, and for some that others point the fingers at because they are taking "crazy" amounts of gear, that amount may do them no harm. Genetic predisposition is huge and something none of us can control and realistically something none of us can even begin to measure because we don't have parents and grand parents that used gear.

He had a history of heart disease. That alone without gear is enough to kill someone at that age. 1 in 4 Americans die of heart disease, its the leading cause of death for both men and women. Not all of those are obese couch potatoes. Sometimes it happens to apparently healthy people. So any type of speculation regarding how much gear and blah blah blah in the end makes makes no difference.

You just shouldn't make blind assumptions when you don't know the facts. Every time someone in the bodybuilding community has a heart attack fellow bodybuilders and gear users on the boards sound worse than Joe public that knows nothing about gear. Making blind assumptions about how much gear and this and that is irresponsible. We all do it, we all take that same risk.

For some of us "playing it safe" well that amount could be killing us, and for some that others point the fingers at because they are taking "crazy" amounts of gear, that amount may do them no harm. Genetic predisposition is huge and something none of us can control and realistically something none of us can even begin to measure because we don't have parents and grand parents that used gear.

He had a history of heart disease. That alone without gear is enough to kill someone at that age. 1 in 4 Americans die of heart disease, its the leading cause of death for both men and women. Not all of those are obese couch potatoes. Sometimes it happens to apparently healthy people. So any type of speculation regarding how much gear and blah blah blah in the end makes makes no difference.

Dead well before 60 when you are world renowned for health and fitness is pretty suspect in anyone’s book.

Dead well before 60 when you are world renowned for health and fitness is pretty suspect in anyone’s book.

We don't have control of everything. Bob Harper the biggest loser trainer had a heart attack at 50, Jim Fixx, who wrote the famous Complete Book of Running died of a heart attack at 52. Did intense exercise help or hurt them, who knows?

I do wonder if you are predisposed to having a heart attack, does SEO use pose a greater risk? Again I am just making an observation... Mods please delete that question if you think it is inappropriate.

No, it's not.

Poliquin had a SERIES OF HEART ATTACKS IN 1994. And he made it 24 more years! He also had 2 brothers die of heart disease.

This is mentioned earlier in the thread. But I know how eager people get to throw in their opinion without knowing all the facts first.

Even when he had a heart attack at 33? I'd say without the health lifestyle that followed, he would have been dead much earlier than 57.

I hate to be that jerk... but Poliquin was a guy claiming to know everything related to health and fitness and longevity. Dying before the age of 60 is an epic fail of massive proportions.

I hate to be that jerk... but Poliquin was a guy claiming to know everything related to health and fitness and longevity. Dying before the age of 60 is an epic fail of massive proportions.

There’s no game plan for mr. death. He takes us when our number is up. His number was up...

Passing of a pioneer. Loved him or hated him, he was an influence in the community. RIP.

No mention of this on Muscular Development or Muscle & Fitness even though both had likely plagiarized his stuff over the years.

No mention of this on Muscular Development or Muscle & Fitness even though both had likely plagiarized his stuff over the years.

Maybe there letting the family grieve n showing respect before making any announcements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner