over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Rip Doug Brignole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love_to_Bodybuild

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Rip. Genius in the Physics of resistance exercise. Changed my resistance exercise training forever. Saddened. He took the time to answer my questions in great detail. Learned so much from him. He was sixty three. If you haven't got his book I recommend it it'll save you a lot of injuries and a recommend smarttraining 365 on a YouTube channel and watch everything you can find on YouTube.

Use to see him in the Mag's when I was a kid, and it was good to see him still around and looking fantastic.
Didnt seem like a huge gear abuser obviously. Do we know the cause yet?

Been an odd couple of years for bodybuilding deaths...

He used little as possible in his own words on his most recent interview. I've watched most videos with him on Smarttraining365 and other interviews. First seen him in Ric Drasins channel and started incorporating his training recommendation back then and pretty much use all of what he taught as far as which movements are best for that particular muscle are.

He was on a cholesterol medication, if I'm not mistaken because years of high carb low fat, high protein obviously, causes cholesterol to go to 290, hdl and LDL both bad. So he changed diet to higher fat, lower carb, and in four months cholesterol went to 139.

Currently he was depleting for a exhibition posing, in a couple weeks. He pushed this hard and it was almost time for him to up carbs and fill out. So he passed while depleting, according the this recent interview, two weeks ago.

My mistake, he would fill back out with fats mainly, I got from most recent interview. Will have to watch again. His fats and carbs were super low when he passed, from my understanding.

Man this one sucks. Even if you didn't agree with his concepts, he was a great listen and a true gentlemen. He did references using "very little" or "just what it took" so definitely not a big gear user. He also references his diet and health ramifications before but I don't recall and would need to listen to some of his old stuff. Tough to hear.

Sad to hear. I will save my personal agendas for a different time.

RIP .... i did picked up afew exercise fm him.
Btw, any1 read his "The Physics of Resistance Exercise Books"?
I've had it since late 2020. Read it a few times. It's conceptional but worth the time, even if you don't fully comprehend everything, all we can do is our best with what we have.

He did revise his stance on hack squats, in the book he didn't recommend them. Then his posts on Facebook and videos he found new information on it.

Everyone, please don't criticize him, we all have our flaws, and what he did for the fitness community has made resistance exercise movements and understanding them sunsensational. This in and of itself trumps any of his flaws.

If you see videos of him ten years ago he was saying lat pulldown was the best lat exercise. Then he changed to the lat pull in, which seems to make more sense.

Btw he did come out with a revised edition if I'm not mistaken or was working on it where he changed some information.

RIP Doug and this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510