over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Matt Mendenhall

Matt never really pushed conditioning .. he had a great and very complete physique but judges wanted him in better condition.. it just never happened.. but diffinitely had a pro physique otherwise..

Why didn't Matt (God rest his soul) ever turn pro? From what I've heard and read, he couldn't nail his conditioning on show day and just plain old bad luck. Why? There is plenty of rumor and innuendo floating around out there about his bad luck come show time but out of respect to the man, I'm not going to elaborate. He certainly had a good enough physique to be a successful pro though. His last attempt at turning pro, that show probably had one of the toughest lineups ever in his class alone.

RIP, I’ve always heard over the years that he was one of those guys that could have been one of the greatest ever. What held him back? Looking at the old pics seems like he had it all, what am I missing?

Somebody had posted up an article some time ago and it stated that despite how he looked he drank quite a bit. So, if that's true it may have been an issue with his conditioning. Plus he happened to run into some pretty tough competition, 8x Mr. Olympia Lee Haney to name one!

The last time i saw Mendenhall in person was the 1991 Providence Rhode Island Musclemania where he guest posed with Mattarrazzo and Demayo. He was so much bigger than he had been in the 80's and was making his comeback for the Nationals. He was massive looking onstage....I think right about 278lbs but in good offseason condition. Straight mesomorph. Really impressive. Guy was a beast. Hawkmoon probably a safe bet you were there watching that also.

I have a theory, but we aren't allowed to talk about it.

RIP to all these legends.
Yes I see but two of the guys already had something wrong. One had a heart problem pretty much all his life and his entire colon removed and had a heart attack due to plaque buildup the other was on dialysis so those two weren’t doing too great..and one female died right after surgery. So that theory possibly one person but I don’t think so.

Yes I see but two of the guys already had something wrong. One had a heart problem pretty much all his life and his entire colon removed and had a heart attack due to plaque buildup the other was on dialysis so those two weren’t doing too great..and one female died right after surgery. So that theory possibly one person but I don’t think so.
That’s the thing…they already had something wrong so they were probably more susceptible

Terrible to see another death, something is up be careful my brothers be smart…

The last time i saw Mendenhall in person was the 1991 Providence Rhode Island Musclemania where he guest posed with Mattarrazzo and Demayo. He was so much bigger than he had been in the 80's and was making his comeback for the Nationals. He was massive looking onstage....I think right about 278lbs but in good offseason condition. Straight mesomorph. Really impressive. Guy was a beast. Hawkmoon probably a safe bet you were there watching that also.

I didn't attend that show, ironic as I was working for Lou Z at the time. Can't remember exactly why, but I think this was the time I was dealing with a suicidal girlfriend in the lockdown ward of McLean. Sorry...TMI...

Mendenhall was one of the key figures for me, starting in highschool. I was so impressed with his size and shape.

RIP Matt.

Terrible to see another death, something is up be careful my brothers be smart…

Not to belittle any of this, but what is "up" is the passage of time for most of these cases. Things catch up with you sooner or later, especially if compounded with pre-existing conditions. Human life is fragile.

If any of you are worried about tomorrow, do what you can today. All these things are clear in hindsight. Most importantly be honest with yourself.

For all the guys worried about tomorrow, look no further than right here.

Not to belittle any of this, but what is "up" is the passage of time for most of these cases. Things catch up with you sooner or later, especially if compounded with pre-existing conditions. Human life is fragile.

If any of you are worried about tomorrow, do what you can today. All these things are clear in hindsight. Most importantly be honest with yourself.

We also have to understand what type of people this endeavor sometimes attracts.. I cant tell you how many bodybuilders in the 90s etc that my buddy Dave said had numerous other addictions.. nubain.. coke.. uppers .. downers.. the list goes on .. Mike Christian admits that he had a huge coke addiction when he was competing .. others shot nubain back then.. just like many today are addicted to stimulants.. now add this to the gear etc and you have issues brewing.. do you think these people stop all their vices when they stop competing? Or even stop training .. ? No.. matt was also open about his heavy drinking.. did he stop ? I don't know.. coukd it be covid like was stated earlier? Can't tell ya that either.. but when you have a very addictive personality ( which is fairly common in the game) it might not just stop at gear..

While this is true for Matt, Phil, and John, 2 of the 3 girls were in their 30s. One was out of the sport since 3 years.

While this is true for Matt, Phil, and John, 2 of the 3 girls were in their 30s. One was out of the sport since 3 years.
It doesn't take years for things to catch-up with you. I'm not saying it's going to take decades to hit you, especially if we are talking going overboard with diuretics.
Muntzer and Momo were both in their thirties I believe.

Everyone will be different, do something different, experience different outcomes. The biggest problems are when there are warning signs that people choose to ignore because they want something that they would have to give up if they accepted reality.

Rachel mclish just posted on fb that she talked to Matt days before his death.. said he was very frustrated that his last surgery (spinal fusion from a serious fall down his basement steps) had no gone as well as he expected.. he was upset he could no longer perform his job as a chiropractor and wanted to work another 10 years but knew it couldn't happened.. he mentioned that he hated taking so many pain meds as they made him tired but he needed them.. sounded very depressed..

Well the girl " mighty mouse " didn't die from anything bodybuilding related.. she was struggling with many personal demons.. ill just say that.. and we now know Matt's death was nothing to do with bodybuilding.. john had a clotting disorder.. did bodybuilding exacerbate it.. more than likely but the condition was there for decades..

That’s the thing…they already had something wrong so they were probably more susceptible
Chick on the end stopped BBing a few years ago. Not BBing related supposedly.

Chick on the end stopped BBing a few years ago. Not BBing related supposedly.
Yes that mighty mouse I mentioned.. she had alot of personal issues.. had a instagram page.. you coukd see her problems building.. sad

Staff online

• Bio
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear