over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Matt Porter. aka FutureFreak

I. D.o.n.t want to derail the thread however I’m struggling with this addiction to bodybuilding as well (gear usage) for me it served absolutely no purpose as my livelihood and buisness don’t depend on it. .... I haven’t felt right in a long time and have had my share of health and heart problems, yet I always go back to cycling. I bring this up because many times I tried to look at guys like Matt that were trying to do it smart and take their foot off the gas and now this happens. I’m. Shaken to the core and I really need to get control of this.

My prayers go out to Matt’s family. I didn’t know him but this hit home so much for me. Hard. Fuck

Never have spoken to you, but you can p.m. me if ya like, so we don't clog up this thread. Be more than happy to listen, or offer any advice if i can.

I will say this.

I have struggled with addiction as well, whether it be drugs, or gear usage. And just like you my gear usage serves no purpose as well, other than to satisfy my ego. It is such a slippery slope.

Thank you for opening up and being honest.

Never have spoken to you, but you can p.m. me if ya like, so we don't clog up this thread. Be more than happy to listen, or offer any advice if i can.

I will say this.

I have struggled with addiction as well, whether it be drugs, or gear usage. And just like you my gear usage serves no purpose as well, other than to satisfy my ego. It is such a slippery slope.

Thank you for opening up and being honest.

Thank you brother.

I have nothing to add to what has already been said but I’m just as shaken up about this as everyone else and it’s hard to put into words. 😔

I. D.o.n.t want to derail the thread however I’m struggling with this addiction to bodybuilding as well (gear usage) for me it served absolutely no purpose as my livelihood and buisness don’t depend on it. .... I haven’t felt right in a long time and have had my share of health and heart problems, yet I always go back to cycling. I bring this up because many times I tried to look at guys like Matt that were trying to do it smart and take their foot off the gas and now this happens. I’m. Shaken to the core and I really need to get control of this.

My prayers go out to Matt’s family. I didn’t know him but this hit home so much for me. Hard. Fuck

Same here bro. I am slightly out of control with my usage. I have afib and on several meds,,and i keep on juicing. Im 53 too, i have cut back,some.

Last edited:
I am very sorry to hear this. Big loss for bodybuilding.

Very sorry for your loss Racheal.

I'm going to add a good memory to this thread

In 2013-14? I was walking through a large crowd at the Arnold Classic Expo and this hand grabs my shoulder out of nowhere and pulls me towards a booth, it was Matt. We had only met in person once before this and he remembered me. Anyways we had a nice long conversation in whatever booth it was, I was about to start a prep at the time and he asked me questions about how I was dieting and gave me advice etc. etc. Point being he was a really good human being, which is not very common anymore.

The world of bodybuilding can not afford to lose people like Matt, who posts good things. In a world of cocoons, authentic people are indispensable.

I’m confused. Patient walks in with chest pain and it takes days to get results from CT scan??

Something’s off.

I'm really sorry to see this happened. He put a lot of size back on this year but he was so meticulous about his health and diet. It's a bit of an alarm bell for everybody. He seemed like such a good family guy and down to earth honest helpful guy. You'd hope to see a guy like that stay around for 80 years.

I was in extreme shock when I heard the news last night. I couldn't believe it. Despite the fact I never met him, I had a really rough night and got virtually no sleep thinking about him and his family. I kept waking up in disbelief and terrible sadness. It's hit me so hard.

He was such a great guy who gave so much to the community.

FF was a good dude...Damn.

RIP.

I’m confused. Patient walks in with chest pain and it takes days to get results from CT scan??

Something’s off.

I to am perplexed about this. Especially since patient walks in with a documented medical history of heart failure, not to mention a pre existing condition of irregular heartbeat. This shit really sucks, and what bothers me the most is that Matt's final few weeks sound identical to Dallas's. Both guys had doctor's tell them at one point that they had heart problems. For Dallas it was an abnormal echo that pointed to his left ventricle, and Matt was already living with heart failure and susceptibility of AFib.

I mean, people do still understand what the symptoms of congestive heart failure are don't they? It boggles my mind that two young intelligent guys, who used gear, and are aware of people dropping dead on a regular basis, who are in their same profession; would for some odd reason, assume that they are randomly plagued with chest infections, chronic coughs, and shortness of breath. Normal people who do not have compromised immune systems, as in people who are not suffering from cancer or HIV AIDS, do not have chronic chest infections. Why would either of these guys or any of the doctor's not think the heart was to blame for their continuous symptoms and visits?

Sounds heart failure or PE related. Sad. He pushed the envelope and it may have caused damage but I commend him for realizing and adjusting his priorities. Hopefully it wasn’t a case of too little too late. I didn’t know he had a child. That’s even more sad.

Side note, not to be a dick, but chest compressions on someone w a heart beat, let alone still breathing is certainly not a good idea. But panic takes over. More of an anecdote for anyone who may find themselves in a similar awful situation

very sad. this happens too often in the sport of bodybuilding. he recently had a kid as well - tragic.

Very sad, my thought are with his family.

MPA is also a great supplement line, I hope that continues.

RIP Matt.

Goodbye, Matt.

I remember when Future Freak joined the board. What a nice kid. Super sad to read those words his wife wrote. At least he was loved and loved others. Just damn sad.

RIP my brother.
I was chatting with him by message the last week and said me he was ok :(

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear