over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Melissa Coates

Only 50 years old. This article mentions how she had to have a leg amputated because of a blood clot.

"Coates had undergone significant health issues over the past year after enduring significant pain in her left leg and was admitted to the hospital. After learning that the arteries to supply blood to the leg were being stopped by blood clots, they ultimately had to perform a knee amputation of her left leg."

OG woman bodybuilder right there. I do like the new girls but damn these old school chicks put in hard ass work like many of us on here, not just glute exercises like now a days.

RIP

R.I.P. she will be missed

That's awful...RIP. I remember when she became popular. Muscular and sexy. She had a great combination of both and made a lot of magazine covers and articles.

Melissa during her bodybuilding career.

Attachments

• Melissa Coates.jpg
    Melissa Coates.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Melissa Coates Outside.jpg
    Melissa Coates Outside.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Melissa Coates Wet.jpg
    Melissa Coates Wet.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Melissa Coates Field.jpg
    Melissa Coates Field.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 62
  • Melissa Coates Side Chest.jpg
    Melissa Coates Side Chest.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 71
More pictures...

Attachments

• Melissa Coates Sun.jpg
    Melissa Coates Sun.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Melissa Coates Collage.jpg
    Melissa Coates Collage.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Melissa Coates Beach.jpg
    Melissa Coates Beach.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 34
  • Melissa Coates Backstage.jpg
    Melissa Coates Backstage.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 35
She had the perfect combination of feminine muscularity and beauty. She embodied the epitome of female bodybuilding.

My wife and I met her a couples times in the late 90's. She was very polite.
RIP

I wonder if it was COVID. One of my friends had something similar a little over a year ago. Lot's of people having clots. Guy Sisternino had one when down with the COVID.

I wonder if it was COVID. One of my friends had something similar a little over a year ago. Lot's of people having clots. Guy Sisternino had one when down with the COVID.
Certainly possible given when it happened.

"On November 12, 2020, a GoFundMe page was created on her behalf. Coates was experiencing excruciating pain in her left leg. She was quickly admitted to the Emergency Department at the University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where doctors observed several blood clots in her leg. Despite several procedures to save her leg, doctors observed that the blood clots were spreading and were life-threatening. Thus, doctors had no choice but to perform life-saving surgery, requiring the amputation of her left leg from above the knee. As a result of this medical emergency, Coates incurred substantial medical bills and was put out of work for an indefinite amount of time as she rehabilitated her injury.[26]

Coates died on June 23, 2021, five days after her 50th birthday.[27]"

I would think though that if it was Covid that it would be mentioned somewhere since so much emphasis was placed on it. I think chances are it was not.

a cause of death has not been listed.

Certainly possible given when it happened.

"On November 12, 2020, a GoFundMe page was created on her behalf. Coates was experiencing excruciating pain in her left leg. She was quickly admitted to the Emergency Department at the University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where doctors observed several blood clots in her leg. Despite several procedures to save her leg, doctors observed that the blood clots were spreading and were life-threatening. Thus, doctors had no choice but to perform life-saving surgery, requiring the amputation of her left leg from above the knee. As a result of this medical emergency, Coates incurred substantial medical bills and was put out of work for an indefinite amount of time as she rehabilitated her injury.[26]

Coates died on June 23, 2021, five days after her 50th birthday.[27]"

I would think though that if it was Covid that it would be mentioned somewhere since so much emphasis was placed on it. I think chances are it was not.

a cause of death has not been listed.
If may have been well past detection. Clotting can happen much later. COVID leads to coagulopathy.

If may have been well past detection. Clotting can happen much later. COVID leads to coagulopathy.
I think the only way covid-19 wouldn't have been connected to the clot is if she was totally asymptomatic and didn't even know she had it. Doctors were well aware of clots being a possibility by then. I could even see doctors routinely testing blood clot victims for the virus and its antibodies, especially if someone had no other risk factors for clots.

It makes me feel a little safer because I take coumadin every day.

Man this reminds me of what happened with Flex Wheeler. He appears to have some clotting disorder covered in this interview

Man this reminds me of what happened with Flex Wheeler. He appears to have some clotting disorder covered in this interview

Flex's was something that can happen with kidney transplant patients, which he previously addressed, so unless she had a kidney transplant I don't think there's any correlation between the two.

Let's get back to it being a memorial thread!

Did anyone here ever watch her on wrestling? I missed that. Wondering how popular she was.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws