over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Shawn Rhoden

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a shame for sure… I don’t think it’s all AAS either for these deaths in the community. Either way 46 is far to young to pass…..

Cage

nnn

My heart mourns for his family esp her daughter, I got to chop it up with him at the Pittsburgh Pro when he guest posed a few years ago with Phil, Ramy, Bonac, DeAsha etc. very humble guy and very easy to talk to.

holy crap. it truly seems that modern day top tier bodybuilders age in dog years. and 50ish seems to be the checkout time frame.

i guarantee there will be people jumping on and saying he had some underlying pre-existing condition. it is a way to justify, "it won't happen to me." but the fact is, we ALL have pre-existing conditions. ain't none of us living forever. all of us will die of something. the only question is, will it be at 80 or 40? we can justify all these early deaths due to pre-existing stuff, but if that were the case how come we don't see mid 40s pro football players, boxers, baseball players, etc. dying at such an alarming rate?

RIP, very sad, way too young.

Wow!

😮⁉️

!!!!!SHOCKED!!!!!

..how very dismal ..R.I.P

I was just recently checking out his IG, and was wondering if we would ever see him on stage again..shame, RIP Shawn

holy crap. it truly seems that modern day top tier bodybuilders age in dog years. and 50ish seems to be the checkout time frame.

i guarantee there will be people jumping on and saying he had some underlying pre-existing condition. it is a way to justify, "it won't happen to me." but the fact is, we ALL have pre-existing conditions. ain't none of us living forever. all of us will die of something. the only question is, will it be at 80 or 40? we can justify all these early deaths due to pre-existing stuff, but if that were the case how come we don't see mid 40s pro football players, boxers, baseball players, etc. dying at such an alarming rate?

this doesn't really make that much sense.

not everyone has pre-existing conditions in the same amount, or to the same degree.

i know a guy who - in his family - every male has died in their mid-late 40's from a heart attack.. every single one for as long as they can trace back the family tree.

i know a guy who comes from a family that has FSGS in their genes. he has FSGS and it has derailed his bodybuilding aspirations.

What about guys like Bumstead - with IGA Nephropathy?

While what you said may be true for some here - that thinking "it won't happen to me because they had pre-existing conditions" is foolish.. for a lot of people here, it simply won't happen to them.

for some people here, they won't die young, no matter what they do to themselves - short of playing chicken on a highway.

This really sucks.

My girlfriend was up early this morning and saw it before I did. She came back to bed, we had sex, then we're sitting on the couch after and she says, 'Babe, I have to tell you something and you're not going to like it.'

This one hit me hard and I think it's just due to how many high profile bodybuilding deaths we've had this year. I had a tear come to each eye when I saw this picture Cedric McMillan posted on Instagram.

cedric-shawn.jpg

Fouad Abiad had a really good take on it - https://www.instagram.com/p/CV8EtpGrp_j/:

"I love this lifestyle we lead but after John passed and since then two more have gone, it’s getting harder and harder to love. I’m not sure what I’m saying or what that means. Its just getting harder to defend."

Dude, WTF?! 10 years ago I would’ve heard this and thought “No way. That sucks.”

As I approach 40 though and naturally start to realize that even under the best circumstances I’m not going to live forever and am already probably about halfway through this journey, watching bodybuilder after bodybuilder die far too young really scares the shit out of me and causes me to think that “halfway through this journey” may be wishful thinking.

RIP Shawn.

also saw this and wondered if it is my misunderstanding of some american saying or if this really implies something like an announcement..
Yes it's just a figure of speak. I believe some are taking it out of context and saying seeing you on the other side such as heaven, but I don't think he meant it like that when it was said.

RIP Shawn. Truly a sad day for all.

This is going to come off crappy but I’m tired of the “shock and awe” and “I can’t believe it” comments. Why in the world is anyone shocked?

I’ve been in this for over 20 years and the 5 guys I knew really well personally are all dead. All of them. All of them. All of them.

Let’s stop being surprised and start being honest. I feel terrible for all the well known guys passing but that’s the tip of the iceberg. There are no name guys dying non stop.

I’m a pure libertarian so I say live your life baby! But let’s start doing it honestly. If you are involved in this sport you are quite likely actively committing suicide. It’s not an accident, it’s not passive, and it’s not a surprise.

This is NOT a criticism of Shawn. In fact, I certainly pray for him and his family and may he Rest In Peace but is it time we stop with all this? Let’s stop with the charade. It almost feels disrespectful in some weird way.

As I said before I genuinely love you dudes. And I know this is a crappy sounding post but we at least need to face the reality of what this sport is.

Regardless of how my rant come off, please take care of yourselves guys. If you have a family, if you have people that care about you I hope you consider being done with all this.

i know this is a memorial post for Shawn but this can be used for good. Ive been here 10+ years and this things shake people. Maybe this will get at least one person to walk away.

please take care guys.

Damn, was hoping he'd come back and make another run. 46 years of age is wayyyy to early to pass. May he rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner