over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RIP Steve Michalik

do you think it was his health problems that made him do that or what ,i dont know to much about him RIP

Yeah, they tend not to give exact.death dates. I was intrigued myself.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Well, not an exact death!! Just an idea of how long on average someone in my condition could expect to be around, statistically that is. Just being realistic. Nothing to be intrigued about. People with cancer are told how long they have all the time, when its viewed as being terminal. Whats so different here? Of course its going to be hard to predict, but ballpark. I mostly wanted to know if he thought I might only be around for 5 yrs or so before I needed a heart transplant and I have to admit I was a bit relieved when he told me 10-15 yrs at the time. I dont think you guys understand how bad the damage to my heart is.

Well, not an exact death!! Just an idea of how long on average someone in my condition could expect to be around, statistically that is. Just being realistic. Nothing to be intrigued about. People with cancer are told how long they have all the time, when its viewed as being terminal. Whats so different here? Of course its going to be hard to predict, but ballpark. I mostly wanted to know if he thought I might only be around for 5 yrs or so before I needed a heart transplant and I have to admit I was a bit relieved when he told me 10-15 yrs at the time. I dont think you guys understand how bad the damage to my heart is.

I know I didn't know the extent of your damage. I thought you were healing and getting healthier.

So are you on the heart transplant list? And you are right about the advances in medicine. 10 years from now they may be doing amazing things to successfully treat what is untreatable today. Too bad you aren't Dick Cheney. I'm on the donor list, if I died and he got something of mine I'd come back from the dead to take it back. Like an Aztec Priest.

Maldorf, I'm wishing you a surprisingly good future.

It must be nice to live a perfect life and rip this man after he is dead. So what if he told people he is not doing anything...how many times have you told strangers you are not doing anything when you really are???

Anyways, may he RIP on this memorial day.

I have to agree; none of us our perfect as it has been proven time and time again from the beginning of time. We should be concerned as to why he committed suicide. How many of our peers/friends have committed suicide in the sport of BB? Some of us reach the top but don't have anything to hold onto when we fall. When we have been taken to our knees we need to reach up and let the Lord take our hand as he will guide and protect us at all times.

A lot of people think of suicide as a selfish and desperate act but if someone chooses to end their own life who are we to say otherwise. Maybe he really felt that there was nothing worth living for anymore.

I know I didn't know the extent of your damage. I thought you were healing and getting healthier.

So are you on the heart transplant list? And you are right about the advances in medicine. 10 years from now they may be doing amazing things to successfully treat what is untreatable today. Too bad you aren't Dick Cheney. I'm on the donor list, if I died and he got something of mine I'd come back from the dead to take it back. Like an Aztec Priest.

I am not on a list now, but sometime in the future I will be unless I pass suddenly. Right now my heart is functioning well enough for me to lead a fairly normal life, but as the years go by it will get weaker. No telling really how long I have till I need a new ticker. My heart though is at a function that is about 1/3 what it should be. My ejection fraction is about 20% and a normal one is about 60% or more.

kinda pisses me off that he wasted a kidney transplant by killing himself.

why not kill himself before using a perfectly good kidney that could have gone to someone else.

kinda pisses me off that he wasted a kidney transplant by killing himself.

why not kill himself before using a perfectly good kidney that could have gone to someone else.

Hoping he too was a donor, and then they could have taken the kidney back as well as his other organs to help others. Its possible he may have saved other lives as long as his other organs were healthy.

I remember an article of Michalik saying he ate raw monkey brain because he read it would increase growth hormone. Him and John Defendis were probably the hard training and biggest drug abusers of that time.

Lots of people die every year waiting for a kidney...some at my dialysis clinic have been waiting 5+ years. They know it's only a matter of time before their time comes...I try not to judge anyone else...but this does hit home a bit. God rest his soul.

Lol........Like an Aztec Priest!

If you die...come to Montana and we can go kill evil doers with black hearts!

Plang, I hope you get a kidney.

Last edited:
The way I look at it now, especially when you use substances other than test it that its all poison, and a using just a little bit of poision is still bad for you.

I think it comes down to the difference between use and abuse. alcohol is a poison,a little bit of it is actually good for you. Abuse it and you destroy your body...

Hoping he too was a donor, and then they could have taken the kidney back as well as his other organs to help others. Its possible he may have saved other lives as long as his other organs were healthy.

how long can the kidneys last inside a dead body. i would imagine not too long.

i would imagine it was at least a couple hours before they could get to the kidney after he killed himself.

how long can the kidneys last inside a dead body. i would imagine not too long.

i would imagine it was at least a couple hours before they could get to the kidney after he killed himself.

Yeah, thats the key really. I dont think it lasts too long. When I was in grad school at college I took gross anatomy with the med students. There was an university employee who's sole job was to recruit, take care of ,and dispose of the cadavars for the medical school. He said his best recruiting time for cadavars was parent's weekend!! Anyhow, he also worked for the medical system and was in charge of collecting the eye balls from recently deceased people that are donors. He told me that each body organs has someone different for it, so all he got was the eye balls. It does have to be fresh. A friend of mine went along with him on one trip. A guy had been tree trimming with a chain saw and I guess it got stuck and binded up in the tree. The guy was yanking on the chainsaw to get it out of the tree and it came out real fast and just about took his head off, happend so fast I guess he barely knew what hit him. Once you pass the vultures come in for the organs.

Last edited:
I remember an article of Michalik saying he ate raw monkey brain because he read it would increase growth hormone. Him and John Defendis were probably the hard training and biggest drug abusers of that time.

If someone were dumb enough too eat raw monkey brains for gh I'm sure
a pregnant womans piss(hcg) would be a refreshing treat while reaping the benefits of hcg. Think anyone could be that desperate and stupid?
T
Oh yeah defendis came along about ten years or so after SM.
Thanks, T

Last edited:
May he RIP though I personally couldn't stand the guy and his B.S. about claiming that he won the Mr A before he ever put the "steroid bomb" in his body that years latter exploded and caused all of his health issues.

I have a very good friend and co-worker who a few years ago suffered a massive heart attack (40% of his heart damaged) at 31 years of age. His cardiologist said the only thing that saved him was his young age. He was in decent shape and was not obese nor did he abuse any substances. He also never took any steroids. I'm tired of hearing people blame all their health problems on roids. Sometimes shit just happens.

Edit: My wife works as a supervisor in an HLA lab where they do donor typing for campatibility with patients needing organ transplants. When I told her Michalik had just recieved a kidney transplant before killing himself she actually got mad and said he should have done it before. You have to know my wife to really appreciate the depth of her saying this.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL