advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ritalin (Methylphenidate) as a weight loss aid????

Steak Helmet

Banned
I have heard that Ritalin might be out as a weight loss drug...

I took 2 the other night(New Years), indstead of drinking....

OH MY GOD I did not sleep all night and still my heart was pounding the next morning. I took one at 9pm and the other at 12am.

I think can compare the effects to ephedrine...

What do you all think???

Alot of guys I know have used adderall while cutting down for a show. It's got a huge long halflife, and it doesn't drop ya like ritalin does when it wears off. Both of them will suppress your appetite, especially your craving for carbs. I'm not sure of the mechanisms... but they're good stuff.

They're also great for sports too. Take em before a big game and it's like you're in the zone the entire time. Reaction time is better, recall is better, you can remember exactly where all your team mates were, what direction they were goin and all with just a glance... makes throwing plays together alot easier.

They're also great for studying. lol.

they are amphetamine derivatives. that is how they work similar to weight loss drugs. adderall is dextro derivative of amphetamine, while ritalin is methylated. both will cause loss of appetite, loss of sleep, etc. adderalls half life is close to that of ritalins. for the dosing in short term weight loss, one pill in the morning is sufficient. though many abuse the drug and run into problems with it such as heart failure, migraines, hypertension, etc. all the properties of that other stimulants can generate. you will also test positive for amphetamines in a drug test which is not good if you get pulled over and they have to run a tox screen. you will have a c-2 drug in your possession without a prescription which the penalty varies state to state, or worse yet the cops will assume you do amphetimine and charge you will more bogus crap.

I used t them for teen nats last year and they worked really well..but they will really mess with your heart rate..

-killed my appetite
-kept me awake
-helped me stay focused on my last few weeks of prep..

I took 15mg a day..

i luv the stuff, supresses appetite well, it works

I've used 20mg a day before and found a real loss in appetite and a huge rise in my resting heart rate and just couldn't sleep at all!!

I've got a friend who is now addicted to the stuff and crushes them then snorts it (works a lot faster)

IMO clean up your diet, up your cardio a little and stay away from ritalin!!

Yeah... use them sparingly if you do. They are habit forming. I used adderall for a while... usually for finals as a study aid. I also used a bit to make the 16 hour drive to Vegas for the Olympia something I could stay awake through. lol. That stuff does raise your heart rate quite a bit... but I didn't really have too much trouble gettin to sleep really. If I was occupied, I could stay up for quite a while... if not... it would take a bit longer, but I'd still be able to go to sleep.

I've never taken ritalin, but I've tried adderall in college... Adderall is pretty amazing.... I could reteach myself half a semester's course in one night and retain 95% of it... It helped me get many A's in school... Also took it a few times before a workout, great energy boost and absolutely amazing focus on every exercise... It gives you tons of energy, your brain is a magnet for info, focus is completely on the ball, and because it's an amphetamine you're happy as hell the whole damn time... a nice big squirt of dopamine on the brain... I can definitely see how it can become addicting...

It scares me. My son has been on ritalin for a couple of years. He has ADHD. At first I thought it was bullshit and still have mixed emotions about him being on it. His appetite is shit when he is on it. During Christmas break he ate like me, I was so proud. One day I mistakenly popped one thinking it was my antibiotic. Damn, what a morning. It definetely makes your heart rate jump up. I still am hoping to get him off of the meds after this school year. I am a bit more conservative after my recent injury so, I would stay away from it. Then again, it may not be any worse than ephedra if you use it sparingly.

Like my psych teacher use to say (I think she had a coke problem)
"Whatever you do, do it in moderation"

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner