over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

RMTT's Accountability Log

Great journal. Regarding your diet, do you count macros, and if so, what do they typically look like most days?
Thanks. I do count calories as if I don't....I find myself not eating enough. I'm currently taking in about 3200 calories daily. Breakdowns are 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat. This is when trying to gain.

Most of my carbs are during my workout and the meal after.

When I start leaning out..I use a 45/35/20 ratio and start out with a 250 calorie deficit from my current intake. I will "milk" that until I see no weight loss for at least 10 days....then drop calories by another 200-250 to get things going again.

I do this over and over until I hit a limit that I set for myself that I won't go below. Usually this will be 1900-2000 calories.

At that point I start adding in small amounts of cardio to get my deficit.

It's a slow process, but I find that it helps me hold on to more muscle as I still train as heavy as possible.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

So....Still doing the same plan. I'm hoping that now that the holidays are over and I get back on my diet properly...that my weight gain will resume.

My body is weird in that if I don't follow my diet as it's planned and just try to "wing" it.....I end up losing weight.

Oh.....figured I would post up a couple of leg pics since I hadn't put any up yet.

Crappy quality...but it shows what I'm working with.

2QABEea.jpg

Otyygay.jpg

Today was back/Triceps day...and I figured I would go over what I did. First off was some pullovers to warm up and stretch everything out.

I then moved on to Below the knee Rack Pulls. 6 sets at 385 lbs. My last set was a AMRAP (As many reps as possible set). I managed 405lbs for 13 reps.

After that was cable rows for this workout. 3 sets at 200 lbs...then followed by a set called EMOM (Every minute on the minute) where the weight was dropped to 170 lbs...and I did a set every 60 seconds until I could not get anymore than 5 reps. I made 5 sets before I was spent.

I then did 5 sets up pull-ups for a width exercise.

Next was triceps. I did some rope extensions to warm up my elbows...then went into Lying Tricep Extensions. I do these on a bench set at a 30° incline as it allows me to get my elbows further back behind my head and get a good stretch. I did 5 sets of these (Including warm-up) progressing in weight until I got to the heaviest EZ curl bar in the gym (120lbs) which I did for my last set.

After that I went into bench dips laying plates in my lap and really focusing on getting the contraction at the top of the movement.

Last were kick-backs with my palm facing down as I find I can really feel it in the Medial head of the triceps.

Tomorrow is an off day...and then Friday is legs again.

So I figured I would post up some pics for comparison. I did the same as before. Old pic on the left...new pic on the right. The old pic I was around 185 lbs....the new ones I am sitting around 188 lbs. So I haven't gained a lot, but as I have mentioned earlier I actually lost weight through the Holidays. I ate some crap, but I didn't get enough calories in and my body burns things so quickly.

The biggest differences that I can see are my shoulders are starting to "cap out" more, a little more thickness and size in my back overall, and my triceps especially when viewed from the back pics look to be growing some.

zU7Q84X.jpg

8sgvMPG.jpg

So finally broke 190lbs this week. Its been a long slow process after my injury. This time last year I was around 162lbs I think. Photo from the ox contest I just took. Again no pump as I workout in the early A.M. 20180111_190144~2.jpg

So this morning was chest and biceps. Workout went something like this.

Bench
7 sets of flat bench 305x5
1 set of 315 AMRAP (As many reps as possible) I hit 9. The first 7 sets seemed to take it out of me for some reason.

Weighted Dips

90 lbs x 10
75 lbs x 10
65 lbs EMOM (Every minute on the minute sets) You do this until you can't complete a set with at least 5 reps. I managed 6 sets of these.

Cable fly

3 sets of 15 just to really stretch the area out.

Biceps

3 sets of alternating curls
3 sets of hammer curls
3 sets of seated barbell curls in a rack where you start from the pins...do a rep..let it come to a complete stop on the pins...then do another rep.

Still sitting at around 190-191 lbs. I will see how it goes for another week before I bump calories again. I typically can get 3-4 weeks of some progress before I have to add more food in...and when I do it's somewhere between 200-300 calories a day. This is usually enough to get things moving.

Those EMOM weighted dips sound like they hurt. Will be trying those.

Doing/looking great man.

Those EMOM weighted dips sound like they hurt. Will be trying those.

Doing/looking great man.
Thanks man. Since my heavier sets are low volume...the EMOM sets allow me to get some volume work in on those muscle groups. Every big muscle group I train has these incorporated as a secondary exercise.

So today was a low volume chest workout. This one really took it out of me as it is working close to my max.

7 sets of flat bench at 365lbs X 3.

1 set of flat bench at 380lbs for AMRAP...(as many reps as possible). I ended up only getting 3 reps here with the 3rd being a bit of a struggle.

Next exercise was weighted dips:

90lbs X 8
75lbs X 9
60lbs for EMOM (every minute on the minute sets) I do this until I can't get a set with at least 5 reps. I ended up getting 5 sets of these.

Next was just some cable incline flys...3 X 12 to stretch the area out.

Secondary muscle group was biceps.

3 sets of Hammer curls
3 sets of Rack curls. With this exercise I set the pins in the rack where it is right on my legs while sitting on a bench. I then load up a straight bar and do barbell curls.

Every rep starts from the rack position and gets curled up as normal....slow negative...then I set the bar on the pins for a split second. Then the next rep is started from the pins. This way there is no momentum.

And that was it for the day.

Currently still holding at about 191lbs....and I seem to be at a sticking point. Right now I am eating so much...I am just constantly miserable. My intake is almost at 4,000 calories per day.

I am contemplating taking a few weeks to do a minor "cut" just to see if I can re-adjust my insulin sensitivity. At that point I will ramp the calories back up and see if I can break through this stalling point and start slowly gaining again.

Interesting way of training. I mean I used to do like 10 sets but it would be lighter weight, pyramids, etc. You're doing low volume high intensity but for many sets. How do you find this? I feel like you'd benefit more with less sets and higher intensity, first sets being higher reps and lower reps as the weight goes up but you'd be able to probably hit more weight. I feel like all those sets before your last set of heavier weight are burning you out. Of course I say this cuz I'm stuck in my ways lol. Not saying what you are doing is wrong at all. Just my thoughts.

Interesting way of training. I mean I used to do like 10 sets but it would be lighter weight, pyramids, etc. You're doing low volume high intensity but for many sets. How do you find this? I feel like you'd benefit more with less sets and higher intensity, first sets being higher reps and lower reps as the weight goes up but you'd be able to probably hit more weight. I feel like all those sets before your last set of heavier weight are burning you out. Of course I say this cuz I'm stuck in my ways lol. Not saying what you are doing is wrong at all. Just my thoughts.

No worries...I'm always looking for input! It's the nature of this Wendler Hybrid I am on. This is just one workout. My next chest day may be a high volume / low intensity workout at only 65% of my training max...but with reps around 8 per set with the last set being as many as I can get with a different weight. Then the next may be a speed day with moderate weight...but low reps using chains or bands...but trying to move the bar as fast as possible with varying grip positions.

It is basically a periodization program that last 3 weeks. It focuses on Squat, Bench, Deadlift, and Over Head Press. In the 3 week run....there is a Tier one exercise for each group which is the main lift like Bench, then a Tier Two exercise which emphasizes volume like the dips. With Deadlifts as the Tier one...Bent Rows may be the Tier two.

Tier one exercises stay the same...but Tier two exercises are rotated out with different exercises every 3 week cycle.

But volume and intensity rotate and at one point during those 3 weeks each main exercise gets hit with a "max attempt" that sets all my numbers for the upcoming 3 week cycle. This is usually done after having a rest day.

Anything else I do are accessory exercises that are supposed to be designed specifically for supporting progression of the main lift.

In short...it's really a power lifting program. I'm sure I could get better growth from a different type of program, but I have always been more into the strength aspect.

Training like this I can easily put up 275lbs on the bench for a good number of reps. But when I trained higher volume with lower weights in the past...it's like my strength drops dramatically. For some reason...my body responds really well to the low rep high weight sets.

I don't usually fatigue on it until the week that I'm working in my 90% max range.

For example in the 2nd week...I may have 8 sets of bench at 5 reps of 275lbs...and the last set is as many reps as possible at 315lbs. When in that range, the last set feels like I have been holding back on all the previous sets and I will put it up for 10-12 reps.

Sorry for the long post. But this style of training has me either trying to beat amount of weight or amount of volume each workout. Both are progressive and if you are improving one or the other...it's still progress.

Now for how long I can keep it up...I don't know. At 44 years old...I still feel pretty good and my joints feel great. But I am OCD about form...and I also do a lot of stretching, foam rolling, and band work for shoulders to keep them healthy.

Honestly though....it's a lot more thought out than the way I probably described it. Every training day has a purpose that builds onto the next training day. It looks like chaos...but is pretty well thought out once you read it all the way through the way Wendler wrote it.

If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find this version of 531? That looks really good.

No worries...I'm always looking for input! It's the nature of this Wendler Hybrid I am on. This is just one workout. My next chest day may be a high volume / low intensity workout at only 65% of my training max...but with reps around 8 per set with the last set being as many as I can get with a different weight. Then the next may be a speed day with moderate weight...but low reps using chains or bands...but trying to move the bar as fast as possible with varying grip positions.

It is basically a periodization program that last 3 weeks. It focuses on Squat, Bench, Deadlift, and Over Head Press. In the 3 week run....there is a Tier one exercise for each group which is the main lift like Bench, then a Tier Two exercise which emphasizes volume like the dips. With Deadlifts as the Tier one...Bent Rows may be the Tier two.

Tier one exercises stay the same...but Tier two exercises are rotated out with different exercises every 3 week cycle.

But volume and intensity rotate and at one point during those 3 weeks each main exercise gets hit with a "max attempt" that sets all my numbers for the upcoming 3 week cycle. This is usually done after having a rest day.

Anything else I do are accessory exercises that are supposed to be designed specifically for supporting progression of the main lift.

In short...it's really a power lifting program. I'm sure I could get better growth from a different type of program, but I have always been more into the strength aspect.

Training like this I can easily put up 275lbs on the bench for a good number of reps. But when I trained higher volume with lower weights in the past...it's like my strength drops dramatically. For some reason...my body responds really well to the low rep high weight sets.

I don't usually fatigue on it until the week that I'm working in my 90% max range.

For example in the 2nd week...I may have 8 sets of bench at 5 reps of 275lbs...and the last set is as many reps as possible at 315lbs. When in that range, the last set feels like I have been holding back on all the previous sets and I will put it up for 10-12 reps.

Sorry for the long post. But this style of training has me either trying to beat amount of weight or amount of volume each workout. Both are progressive and if you are improving one or the other...it's still progress.

Now for how long I can keep it up...I don't know. At 44 years old...I still feel pretty good and my joints feel great. But I am OCD about form...and I also do a lot of stretching, foam rolling, and band work for shoulders to keep them healthy.

Honestly though....it's a lot more thought out than the way I probably described it. Every training day has a purpose that builds onto the next training day. It looks like chaos...but is pretty well thought out once you read it all the way through the way Wendler wrote it.

As I stated over PM brother. You need 6-8 rep range with heaviest set for hypertrophy. That does seem like a solid strength plan. You can still do the same with just 3 sets and higher reps. I do 12, 10-12, 6-8. Then dropset to chase a pump for as many reps as possible, I drop the weight 30-40% for dropset. You can push reps on the dropset past what feels like failure. And you still aim to beat the log book week to week, that is always the goal.

Just sharing thoughts, not trying to sway you away from what your doing or anything bro. You obviously are doing well because you made some solid progress vwry quickly! Good work!

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you find this version of 531? That looks really good.
I will send you a PM.

So after some discussion with RamboStallone, I'm going to switch things up a little going forward.

I've used this type of programming I'm on for a long time, and it has served its purpose well as a strength program.

I'm sitting at 190lbs, and my lift maxes are:
Squat - 405 (I really don't push this much anymore)
Deadlift - 475
Bench - 385
Overhead Press - 225 (Barely got this one).

I plan to go to a 3 on 1 off. The first wave will be lower reps and heavier weights as I want to hold onto as much strength as possible, and my body likes lower reps.

The second wave will be higher reps with moderate weight and a slower tempo to emphasize time under tension...and to try to focus more on hypertrophy.

Volume will be cut way down. 1 exercise with 3 working sets.

Workout will go like this:

Wave 1 (3-5 rep range)
Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 2 - Back, Biceps
Day 3 - Legs, Calves
Day 4 - Off

Wave 2 (8-12 rep range)
Day 5 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 6 - Back, Biceps
Day 7 - Legs, Calves
Day 8 - Off

Then begin with wave 1 and keep alternating over and over.

First wave will be warm ups and only 3 sets of one exercise for the body part I'm training with the last set to failure.

Second wave will be the same....but since I'm doing higher reps each last set will consist of a rest-pause set where I will continue doing them until I can't hit a certain number of reps. I'm planning this to happen within 2-3 rest-pause sets of the last set worked.

After going through both waves, I may switch exercises up for the next two waves for variety.

I will also start training abs at least 3 times a week as I haven't been training them at all.

So we will see how this goes. A lot less volume, but more frequency. Plus it will cut my time in the gym down probably 30% or more.

So after some discussion with RamboStallone, I'm going to switch things up a little going forward.

I've used this type of programming I'm on for a long time, and it has served its purpose well as a strength program.

I'm sitting at 190lbs, and my lift maxes are:
Squat - 405 (I really don't push this much anymore)
Deadlift - 475
Bench - 385
Overhead Press - 225 (Barely got this one).

I plan to go to a 3 on 1 off. The first wave will be lower reps and heavier weights as I want to hold onto as much strength as possible, and my body likes lower reps.

The second wave will be higher reps with moderate weight and a slower tempo to emphasize time under tension...and to try to focus more on hypertrophy.

Volume will be cut way down. 1 exercise with 3 working sets.

Workout will go like this:

Wave 1 (3-5 rep range)
Day 1 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 2 - Back, Biceps
Day 3 - Legs, Calves
Day 4 - Off

Wave 2 (8-12 rep range)
Day 5 - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Day 6 - Back, Biceps
Day 7 - Legs, Calves
Day 8 - Off

Then begin with wave 1 and keep alternating over and over.

First wave will be warm ups and only 3 sets of one exercise for the body part I'm training with the last set to failure.

Second wave will be the same....but since I'm doing higher reps each last set will consist of a rest-pause set where I will continue doing them until I can't hit a certain number of reps. I'm planning this to happen within 2-3 rest-pause sets of the last set worked.

After going through both waves, I may switch exercises up for the next two waves for variety.

I will also start training abs at least 3 times a week as I haven't been training them at all.

So we will see how this goes. A lot less volume, but more frequency. Plus it will cut my time in the gym down probably 30% or more.

Good luck man, I think you are going to make great progress. Your lifts are very impressive, I think you are doing yourself justice by keeping both methods together. You know the previous works cuz you've built a solid foundation and look great already. The new method will only shock the muscles and push further growth.

Good luck man, I think you are going to make great progress. Your lifts are very impressive, I think you are doing yourself justice by keeping both methods together. You know the previous works cuz you've built a solid foundation and look great already. The new method will only shock the muscles and push further growth.
Thanks. I'm going to really push the food once I get going with this routine and try to break 200lbs. I used to be around 210-215 before getting sidelined. But I definitely remember I wasn't this lean at 190 as I was at 190 in the past.

After that...it's going to be a slow cut. I've been cruising on about 90-100mg of test for almost 4 months now.

So once I start the cut I'm probably going to double my test...and I have a nice amount of Primo saved up that I will be using. I'm excited as I've never ran Primo before. But I figured since I would be slowly dieting, let's see what it makes the muscles look like as I lean out!

Very Impressive Bench....especially for 191 lbs!
Any incline...D-bells were my Favorite!

The Primo should Hold all your muscle as you lean out...
I would think you may not even drop body weight just Recomp!

Last edited:
Very Impressive Bench....especially for 191 lbs!
Any incline...D-bells were my Favorite!

The Primo should Hold all your muscle as you lean out...
I would think you may not even drop body weight just Recomp!

Yeah....I use barbell inclines as an accessory exercise. They get rotated in every 3rd workout. I usually start with 275lbs for a few sets...then drop to 225 and do the EMOM sets I was talking about earlier.

I also do weighted dips the same way.

I'm excited about the Primo. I've watched your posts about it, and I think it will be a good fit for me!

So today was day 3 of my new workout plan. On really enjoying this as when I go in....I know I only have 3 working sets of a particular muscle...then I'm done.

Before I would go in and my programming would be set up where I would be on the main exercise for awhile. With the change, I'm finding that I'm putting a lot more intensity into it as it's a 1/3rd of the volume I was doing.

Plus I'm out of the gym in about 45 minutes. Before I would just be getting finished with my primary exercise.

Also since I'm working numerous muscle groups....the overall pump I see is ridiculous.

My muscles seem to be staying fuller as well. Plus I'm using timed rest sets, so I'm keeping my heart rate elevated throughout the entire workout.

I'm excited to see how this progresses!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member