over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Road to the 2023 Olympia

So where do you guys think all the pros are? I mean yeah these guys are pros, just feel like the NY Pro used be one of the shows of shows (outside the O and Arnold) I feel like it used to be pretty much everyone was at this show?
We're in a transition period right now - all the big name pros from the 2000s and 2010s have stepped aside and it's a new crop of guys coming up. It seems like there weren't many known guys at NY Pro because there weren't.

We're in a transition period right now - all the big name pros from the 2000s and 2010s have stepped aside and it's a new crop of guys coming up. It seems like there weren't many known guys at NY Pro because there weren't.

the new york boys are gone except for akim williams

juan morel, victor martinez, jon delarosa

distant memories

I am not trying to be hyperbolic, but are we in the worst era of modern professional bodybuilding as e know it? in terms of not just competitive physiques, but what the physique actually look like or I am just nostalgic for the past? I feel like the very late 80s all 90s and early 2000s were light-years better than this current abomination. I feel like Nick Walker, for example, is not in the top 6 of physiques for the entire decade that was the 90s or 2000s?

I am not trying to be hyperbolic, but are we in the worst era of modern professional bodybuilding as e know it? in terms of not just competitive physiques, but what the physique actually look like or I am just nostalgic for the past? I feel like the very late 80s all 90s and early 2000s were light-years better than this current abomination. I feel like Nick Walker, for example, is not in the top 6 of physiques for the entire decade that was the 90s or 2000s?

I think Nick would dominate everyone except for Cutler, Phil, Kai, Ronnie, and prime Ramy

Let’s say Nick weighs 250 at 5’6 onstage

According to my calculations, that’s 282 at 5’9 - Phil’s height

And 310 at 5’11 - Ronnie’s height

But I will agree, having Hunter and Iain anywhere close to where they landed is a joke

Last year imo should have been

Hadi
Derek
Nick
Samson
Andrew
Brandon

For top 6

That’s a powerful lineup for any decade

I think Nick would dominate everyone except for Cutler, Phil, Kai, Ronnie, and prime Ramy

Let’s say Nick weighs 250 at 5’6 onstage

According to my calculations, that’s 282 at 5’9 - Phil’s height

And 310 at 5’11 - Ronnie’s height

Of the 90's

Dorian
Flex
Ronnie
Shawn
Nasser
Vince
Chris
Paul
Lee

Nick is not better than those 10

of the early 2000s

Dexter
Branch
Leee
Jay
Phil
Ronnie
Chris
Victor
Gunther
Gustavo

So of those 10, maybe, he beats Gustavo? that's it. And Dennis is there too as an up and comer, also Kai

I look at both of those lists and feel like, the modern lineup, has nothing on any of them am I wrong?

Of the 90's

Dorian
Flex
Ronnie
Shawn
Nasser
Vince
Chris
Paul
Lee

Nick is not better than those 10

of the early 2000s

Dexter
Branch
Leee
Jay
Phil
Ronnie
Chris
Victor
Gunther
Gustavo

So of those 10, maybe, he beats Gustavo? that's it. And Dennis is there too as an up and comer, also Kai

I look at both of those lists and feel like, the modern lineup, has nothing on any of them am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong. It's easy to see guys we grew up around as the better bunch.

Do you actually honestly think Nick only beats 1 guy on that list? LOL. Nick is out muscling a lot of guys on that list and we won't even bother getting into the conditioning aspect of it.

So where do you guys think all the pros are? I mean yeah these guys are pros, just feel like the NY Pro used be one of the shows of shows (outside the O and Arnold) I feel like it used to be pretty much everyone was at this show?
That was when it was the Night of Champions and held in NYC. The current promoters may be good, but in hindsight Wayne D. did a great job.

New York Pro 2023 - classic physique

1. Michael Daboul*
2. Junior Javorski
3. Alexander Westermeier
4. Camilo Diaz
5. Eric Abelon
6. Matthew Greggo
7. Jorge Luis Guerrero
8. Rickoy Palmer
9. Hubert Kulczynski
10. Jeremiah Willies
11. Zeek Andrews
12. Brandon Cooper
13. Andrew Wilson
14. Callum Hinze
15. Robert Van Sant
16. Munkhsaruul Altangerel
16. Edgard John-Augustin
16. Kherlen Batbayar
16. Javier Duarte
16. Tyler Okowinsky
16. Herbert Sotillo
-. Felix Burgos

ronnie-cz-a2aca0.jpg

New York Pro 2023 results - men's physique

1. Ryan Terry*
2. Vitor Chaves
3. Sidy Pouye
4. Daniel Ammons
5. Juan Manuel Gochez
6. Maxim Golovatii
7. Dawid Wachelka
8. Charjo Grant
9. Deke Walker
10. Jarrett Jenkins
11. Ephfram Lawhorne
12. Miguel Zapata
13. Aundre Benson
14. Francisco Rodriguez
15. Andrew David
16. Philip Acevedo
16. Joseph Angell
16. Jordan Clark
16. Matthew Gelia
16. Aaron Harvey
16. Dennis Kloster
16. Joseph Mencel
16. Gage Moran
16. Richard Young

12619804.jpg

Do you actually honestly think Nick only beats 1 guy on that list? LOL. Nick is out muscling a lot of guys on that list and we won't even bother getting into the conditioning aspect of it.
Okay, outside of Gustavo, who does he beat on either of these lists? We all know "out muscling" means nothing. His physique is ugly, name a guy on these lists who he actually beats?

He doesn't beat those guys because his shape plain and simple

Men's physique is a mystery like wtf that guy looks the same class as the classic guy just wearing board shorts lol. 🤦

With your logic Hadi wouldn't be champ and guys like patrick moore and brandao would place higher.

It's a body building contest not a shape contest. Ya'll let your hate of Walker get to your heads too much.
I dont hate Nick I'm just being real. And your logic says Markus ruhl would be on top also right? Lol
The 90s and 2000s top ten more impressive imho

With your logic Hadi wouldn't be champ and guys like patrick moore and brandao would place higher.

It's a body building contest not a shape contest. Ya'll let your hate of Walker get to your heads too much.
Hes not out muscling most of them. Patrick Moore and brandao isn't a fair comparison at all. They simply don't have the amount of muscle as the guys you're saying Nick would beat

Anyway it's hard to compare different eras in any sport when things change so does the game

I dont hate Nick I'm just being real. And your logic says Markus ruhl would be on top also right? Lol
The 90s and 2000s top ten more impressive imho

I didn't say that, I'm not saying its a mass building show but rather that theres more than just shape that goes into it. Im not even a huge fan of the mass monsters I just don't think the hate towards Walker is warranted on these forums.

Anyway it's hard to compare different eras in any sport when things change so does the game

This about sums it up. Then you have to factor in our own personal bias and when we grew up. Its like Lebron vs MJ. The argument can go on forever.

Sur Pro Cup Chile results - men's physique

1. Emmanuel Costa*
2. Matheus Nery
3. Lucas Viudes
4. Ramses Rams
5. Maiki Ono
6. Francisco Martinez
7. Jefferson Lima
8. Alejandro Landeros
9. Ignacio Grenziolo
10. Brian Zarate
11. Lucas Lage