over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Road Warrior Animal - Joe Laurinaitis - RIP

It was called blading. They would clip a razor blade into a point. They would, put some tape at the base and hide it in their wrists if they were taped, their fingers if they were taped or hide it in their mouths. They would then slice their forehead when the time was right. Wounds were also reopened naturally if they were there. Vince McMahon did away with blading some time ago but other organizations do it and the deathmatch stuff is insane!

If you didn't see this on VICE before, Becoming A Deathmatch Wrestler, check it out. These guys are nuts!!

https://video.vice.com/en_us/video/becoming-a-deathmatch-wrestler/5d016263be407741574646c1

This is exactly right. You can see a good example of this practice in the movie "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke, which is partially based on the life and career of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Mickey's character Randy "The Ram" Robinson hides a razor blade in his wrist tape before the match, then during the match, when the audience is distracted by his opponent, Randy pulls out the razor blade and quickly slices up his forehead, leaving a nice shallow cut that will give a visually impressive amount of blood pouring out, but do no lasting damage other than leaving a scar. Anything to get that big pop from the marks in the crowd. Mickey Rourke insisted on actually doing this and a lot of other things himself in the movie for authenticity, rather than leaving it to make-up or special effects tricks.

"The Wrestler" is a fantastic movie. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend it, not only for it's realistic depiction of wrestling, but also for Mickey Rourke's portrayal of an aging wrestler who is suffering the health problems of decades of abusing his body, with steroids and other drugs but also from the extremes of partying and performing for the fans, but who just can't move on with his life, even as he gets older and his health problems take their toll on him. Kind of like some of us aging bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, and other iron sports athletes who keep on taking steroids, training way too hard, and who just don't want to admit when it's time to tone it down or quit, for our own health's sake (and I am guilty of being one of those guys.)

This is exactly right. You can see a good example of this practice in the movie "The Wrestler" with Mickey Rourke, which is partially based on the life and career of Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Mickey's character Randy "The Ram" Robinson hides a razor blade in his wrist tape before the match, then during the match, when the audience is distracted by his opponent, Randy pulls out the razor blade and quickly slices up his forehead, leaving a nice shallow cut that will give a visually impressive amount of blood pouring out, but do no lasting damage other than leaving a scar. Anything to get that big pop from the marks in the crowd. Mickey Rourke insisted on actually doing this and a lot of other things himself in the movie for authenticity, rather than leaving it to make-up or special effects tricks.

"The Wrestler" is a fantastic movie. If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I highly recommend it, not only for it's realistic depiction of wrestling, but also for Mickey Rourke's portrayal of an aging wrestler who is suffering the health problems of decades of abusing his body, with steroids and other drugs but also from the extremes of partying and performing for the fans, but who just can't move on with his life, even as he gets older and his health problems take their toll on him. Kind of like some of us aging bodybuilders, powerlifters, strongmen, and other iron sports athletes who keep on taking steroids, training way too hard, and who just don't want to admit when it's time to tone it down or quit, for our own health's sake (and I am guilty of being one of those guys.)
I think most of our members on here will really appreciate this movie. It really made an impression on me I can tell you. He has a heart attack and I can really identify with that. He makes a choice in the end that is predictable yet heart breaking to watch.

I think most of our members on here will really appreciate this movie. It really made an impression on me I can tell you. He has a heart attack and I can really identify with that. He makes a choice in the end that is predictable yet heart breaking to watch.

His choice in the end is heartbreaking, but I understand it completely, and I am that guy. I don't know how to be anyone else other than who I have always been. Neither did Randy, and he suffered the consequences.

You made a better and wiser choice yourself.

I saw these guys and literally forced my mom to get me a gym membership for my 16th birthday. I am 52 now. Never stopped going to the gym. This promo is entertaining, although I do not recommend the forearm shivers to the lower back after a heavy set of bent rows lol

Being in the Atlanta area and WCW being televised on TBS, quite a few made their homes here at that time. Sting and Lex were apparently owners or part owners of "Main Event" a gym which is a mile from where I am typing this. Lex lived in a townhouse down the street where Macho Mans ex Miss Elizabeth passed away. Scott Steiner owns a couple businesses around here and Rick Steiner is a Real Estate Agent and is/was on the school board. Abdullah owned BBQ place. Not uncommon to see them often at Main Event or Coffee's gym. The "good doctor" had his office right there where Main Event was located. One former jobber is my Pest guy. They were certainly an inspiration in someways and a lesson in what not to do in others.

His choice in the end is heartbreaking, but I understand it completely, and I am that guy. I don't know how to be anyone else other than who I have always been. Neither did Randy, and he suffered the consequences.

You made a better and wiser choice yourself.
Yeah, it reminded me of my situation. I think there have been bodybuilders with severe heart problems that chose to continue using steroids. I didnt go down that road.

They used to have a fairly regular local promotion that did death matches on each card. They would wrap barbed wire around the ropes, cover the ring in thumb tacks, use real folding chairs(I took it home it was solid as hell lol) they even had a fans bring the weapons match.....I made a tack bat lol. Was about the craziest shit a 16 year old could go to at the time.

1601069918808.png

Ms Elizabeth was my first love ❤️

Have had a thing for girl next doors ever since!

That’s so sad. Way to young.
Yep Kerry battled drug addiction and depression after his foot was amputated- still wrestled for awhile afterward but I went able to overcome the drugs

Yep Kerry battled drug addiction and depression after his foot was amputated- still wrestled for awhile afterward but I went able to overcome the drugs

It’s so tragic. Life is precious but when you battle drugs and depression you don’t see it like that.

Why did they have to amputate it?

Motorcycle accident.

All of Kerry's brothers are dead except Kevin Von Erich. He's the only surviving son.

- David Von Erich died in '84 due to Enteritis at age 25.
- Mike Von Erich committed suicide (prescription overdose) in '87 at the age of 23.
- Chris Von Erich committed suicide (shot himself) in '91 at the age of 21.
- Kerry Von Erich committed suicide (shot himself) in '93 at the age of 33.

Good documentary on them here... https://www.vicetv.com/en_us/video/the-last-of-the-von-erichs/5c1a9c65be407707c961c831

Wrestling has changed so much! I read an article a few years ago that blading or bleeding is no longer allowed in wwe! If for some reason somebody bleeds on an accidental mishap the wrestlers get fined now.... I also remember a few years back the camera went to triple h at the wrong time while he was blading himself. It was plain as day........ wow how I miss the old days of wrestling. I know u guys remember Saturday morning wrestling at the chase. Well the older guys should

After Jake the snake retired he went on a religious tour around the us and he came to a supermarket in my hometown cause his wife’s father grew up here! I knew her name and her dads name and snake was amazed by that. He actually told me if he didn’t have to leave the following morning at 3am that he would go out on the town with me....... It was a big fucking highlight in my life

After Jake the snake retired he went on a religious tour around the us and he came to a supermarket in my hometown cause his wife’s father grew up here! I knew her name and her dads name and snake was amazed by that. He actually told me if he didn’t have to leave the following morning at 3am that he would go out on the town with me....... It was a big fucking highlight in my life
Yeah. My Dad saw Macho Man at the Vic Tanny's gym in our town. Dad was coming out and Mach Man was coming in. My father held the door for him and Macho Man said "thank you brother". My dad was just like a happy school boy when he got home and told me about it. He talked about it for a week! LOL

Oh, and he saw Elizabeth in the car that dropped him off. Man was she hot! They were in town for a big night of wrestling and we had tickets to go see it later.

Snakes wife grew up here and her dad later moved to Georgia and opened strips clubs! There was a skit in wwe one time and ravishing Rick dude was kissing girls from the crowd and they would faint. He kissed Jake Roberts wife and she smacked his face! My brother in law saw it and said that’s Cheryl h*******! He said I grew up with her cause their parents were best friends. Shit I didn’t believe him but always remembered the name. So when they came to supermarket I said her name! At the time I was partying hard and I think snake could tell. That’s why I think he wanted to hang out!!!!!! He was one of my favorites in the old days and his wife was beautiful back in the day

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear