over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roelly Winklaar WTF?

Pic taken at the right time where he wasn't sucking it in and tightening the abs...Exactly like Jay's, Ronnie's and every other Super Heavy looks when you snap that pic at the right time and right angle...But once they suck it in and tighten those abs he looks just like the second pic.....

was wondering if anyone was gonna step up and say something. My training partner is shredded and if he relaxes his gut it looks funny as well. He'll even walk around pushing it out on purpose so he has this gut with clear abs bulging out. Nope, he's never used GH or any other gear people think cause stomachs to stick out. Midsection just relaxed people.

Please tell me that's photoshopped...

Most people thought Phil was the worst in Generation Iron, but I was disgusted by how lazy the movie made Roelly seem.

yeah he is a big dude but he seemed super lazy...and i could not stand how he said grandma...

That's one of the main reasons id never touch slin. I like my waist/gut small. A small waist apmlifies that extreme X shape. I personally think they should do something about that in BB. It really just looks so bad. And takes away from the BB hard work because it draws negativity instead of positive focus on everything els.

Does actual ab training factor into any of this gut thing? I mean if you look at the training back in the day for abs when these guys were hitting the vacuum poses etc, they used to hit abs every day hard all year round. Now it seems pros do some abs just leading up to the show.. and never a huge amount either.

was wondering if anyone was gonna step up and say something. My training partner is shredded and if he relaxes his gut it looks funny as well. He'll even walk around pushing it out on purpose so he has this gut with clear abs bulging out. Nope, he's never used GH or any other gear people think cause stomachs to stick out. Midsection just relaxed people.

He's never used gh or other gear people think cause stomach to stick out?

what?

Does actual ab training factor into any of this gut thing? I mean if you look at the training back in the day for abs when these guys were hitting the vacuum poses etc, they used to hit abs every day hard all year round. Now it seems pros do some abs just leading up to the show.. and never a huge amount either.

I would imagine eating huge meals everyday and expanding the gut, muscle, and facia might have something to do with it. Add in digestion problems and carb bloating and here comes turtle gut. I wonder how much the old timers ate, wonder if there is any pic of Arnold in his prime with turtle gut.

I trained my abs with extremely heavy weight every single workout for 20+ years and my gut protrudes. I think heavy training causes this. I did use mad insulin for one year of 80 units a day but I know very heavy ab training is a big reason for my turtle shell. It does go away if I drop down in weight to around 200-200Lbs. I'm 230 now so it's in full effect.

in case anybody cares . . .

So true k1. Good observation and analogy.

Pic taken at the right time where he wasn't sucking it in and tightening the abs...Exactly like Jay's, Ronnie's and every other Super Heavy looks when you snap that pic at the right time and right angle...But once they suck it in and tighten those abs he looks just like the second pic.....

At the risk of sounding arrogant and pompous (yes, I have been accused of that on this board), in the business
I work in there is such a thing that I refer to as a ‘kill rate’. This is when the actor or actress are afforded the
opportunity to ‘kill’ or delete a certain percentage of images taken of them on a film; images they do not like
or they feel does not support their self-image. Somebody like Tom Cruise for instance might have a kill rate of
80% where some lesser known actor may have zero say so in what images of them are used for promotional
purposes. I have spent many an hour with an actor, in their trailer, reviewing images I have shot that day of them
only to have them delete half of them. (This ability is written into in their contract.)

Professional bodybuilders, I am surprised, seem to not have this ability. (Maybe Arnold as a bodybuilder did as
he was so business savvy, but I don’t know.) Seems crazy to me to release images that are not complementary.
But the need of wanting to be seen sometimes overrides all rationality. Most will do and say anything for publicity
or money.

On the other hand, I can also see the other side. Some of us want to see and should be able to see the ‘real’ body
with all its flaws weaknesses. But then again . . . bodybuilding and show business are all about illusion.

He's never used gh or other gear people think cause stomach to stick out?

what?

If you read other posts from the past and some even current, people think using GH, slin or a combo of both cause the stomach to stick out like that. That is soooo far from the truth. I know waaaay too many guys who are very lean and have never done slin, gh or combo and if they relax their abs or even push their abs out they look funny.

If you read other posts from the past and some even current, people think using GH, slin or a combo of both cause the stomach to stick out like that. That is soooo far from the truth. I know waaaay too many guys who are very lean and have never done slin, gh or combo and if they relax their abs or even push their abs out they look funny.

So tell me what's the reason guys have this today and not in the 80's. Just curious because I trained in the 80's and don't remember 1 guy in the gym with that gut and today in the gym I train maybe 15 guys have it. Just my opinion the look of the 80's was much more appealing.

Last edited:
I would imagine eating huge meals everyday and expanding the gut, muscle, and facia might have something to do with it. Add in digestion problems and carb bloating and here comes turtle gut. I wonder how much the old timers ate, wonder if there is any pic of Arnold in his prime with turtle gut.

Probably the food and bloat like you said, in pumping iron its clear they dont eat a huge amount or carb up, you see Lou and Arnold eating the day of the contest and I think Arnold has about 4 fried eggs and Lou is eating a bread roll lol.

Rick Drasin talks about their diet back in the day and its not a lot.

So tell me what's the reason guys have this today and not in the 80's. Just curious because I trained in the 80's and don't remember 1 guy in the gym with that gut and today in the gym I train maybe 15 guys have it. Just my opinion the look of the 80's was much more appealing.

great point, 90's shows - can look at the pre judging mandotaries and posing routines, guts have little to no protrusion from all angles.
look at some guys today and the protrusion is noticeable from many angles.

also you can compare Dex's posing to Roelly's, relaxed, turning to the side etc
Dex's gut and waist remains tight. not Roelly's though or some others - Phil and Kai last olympia.
Rhoden was tight however.

I watched the webcast and Roelly's gut was horrible. Very bad. But then ALL of them have guts nowadays. Maybe there's an exception here and there but pretty much all of them guts you didn't see in the 80s and early 90s.

They eat too much and stretch out the abdominal wall all year round and once it's stretched you can't do anything about it. Then they compete too heavy. The drugs don't help either. Carb up heavy and it's going to look like a beer belly.

Attachments

• rayjose.jpg
    rayjose.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 7,905
Since he got with that Badhar guy, he has grown quite the gut, I guess nowadays a bber coach=take more drugs

I watched the webcast and Roelly's gut was horrible. Very bad. But then ALL of them have guts nowadays. Maybe there's an exception here and there but pretty much all of them guts you didn't see in the 80s and early 90s.

They eat too much and stretch out the abdominal wall all year round and once it's stretched you can't do anything about it. Then they compete too heavy. The drugs don't help either. Carb up heavy and it's going to look like a beer belly.
Exactly. Everyone always talks about how guys now are so much bigger and that's why they have distension. But it's not just the biggest guys. Go back and watch the video of the Arnold from the 90's (posted in the Arnold thread). Dillet, Wheeler, and Levrone are every bit as big as today's guys and they have zero stomach distension whatsoever.

I can't figure out what it is. I've seen numerous guys at my gym who I know are natural who get stomach distension. I was seeing signs of distension before I started using anything. So it's hard to blame everything on drugs.

But according to Levrone, he was eating pounds of meat and tons of rice and vegetables every day. And I know of many 90's bodybuilders who claimed to eat a ton of food as well. So I'm hesitant to say that the excess of food is solely responsible.

It's honestly a mystery to me and it drives me insane trying to figure out what it is. If it was just a few guys it wouldn't bother me. But 20 years ago it was non-existant and now almost every single top level competitor has the problem.

I refuse to buy that it's carbing up. You can watch videos of these guys training year round and the stomach issues almost always seem prevalent.

That top photo seems a bit excessive but idk, i didnt watch it, but i dont see it.

**broken link removed**
The sad truth is this is today's example of pros doing a vacuum abdomninal pose. Ops photo is when they let go and exhale.

Posing while vacuuming food.

I don't know how much this people eat at one meal but even if they spread out their food all day I just don't see any way they can eat so much and NOT have big ol guts.

Maybe we can send a petition to Change.org

Or start a Gofundme to research gut reduction.

The way I see it you get into this for your own reasons. If you wanna be huge, ripped and look fucking pregnant, hey all the power to you. Most people think you look like Preggo-Man, though. Its actually pretty funny. But hey maybe I'm the weirdo who wants to have size, low BF, symmetry and a tight waist? I have no intention of competing. If I were i would want to look good all year round. I mean who the hell walks around the pool or the beach posing? But hey if Roelly wants to look pregnant let him be. Dexter has the best physique out there right now. He has built his body into a work of art, not a compilation of huge, ripped body parts, at the expense of a trim waist.

These pics of Jose and Roelly are just really embarrassing to bodybuilding. Seriously.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member