Roger Clemens Found Not Guilty!

bubbafrombama

Registered
The witch-hunt is over!

http://m.nbcsports.com/content/clemens-found-not-guilty-lying-congress

Clemens found not guilty of lying to Congress

JOSEPH WHITE
updated 5:02 pm. EDT Jun. 18, 2012

WASHINGTON - Roger Clemens has been acquitted on all charges by a jury that decided he didn't lie to Congress when he denied using performance-enhancing drugs.

Jurors returned their verdict Monday after close to 10 hours of deliberation. The outcome brings an end to a 10-week trial that capped an expensive, five-year investigation into one of the greatest pitchers in the history of baseball.

The 49-year-old Clemens was accused of perjury, making false statements and obstructing Congress when he testified at a deposition and at a nationally-televised hearing in February 2008. The charges centered on his repeated denials that he used steroids and human growth hormone during his 24-year career.

The verdict is the latest blow to the government's pursuit of athletes accused of drug use.

Glad to see that my tax money was spent on something useful. I know I'll sleep better now.

Im happy to see him found not guilty. I have been following this since it started, and after hearing McNamee telling lie after lie and how his stories have evolved over time, I dont know how you could possibly believe anything the guy has to say.

One more blow to Eric Holder's justice dept. One more notch on Clemen's attorneys belt who still to this day, has not lost a case. I find it ironic that all Congress men and women lie but if they think you lied to them they want to crucify you. Good for Roger and good for America. Now maybe they can focus on something meaningful like growing this country and reducing our deficit.

Great ways to improve the economy !

Awesome I don't keep up with sports anymore but try to watch the news More power too him!

Hey atleast they didn't spend as much money on this guy as they did with Barry bonds. 75 million was spent on bonds. Not even half of that was spent on Roger.

Kills me people are starving from job to job and trying to support their families and they go on a good ol witch hunt. We can tell where the priorities are for some government officials. It's funny every person I ask about it says who gives a shit if he did do it.

Oh my I am the only one with a different opinion on this. Just the way I see it another rich guy getting away with a crime! Cuz he has enough money to pay for the top dollar attorney. Although the commissioner is the one to blame with this... Rating were falling so they turned thier heads and allowed players to go ahead and do it, and then take it away from him. I know most of us on here are aas users, and therefore do not see anything wrong with it, but to tell me you don't believe Roger didn't take them and magically got better at the age of 40 Come on! Granted tax payers money should be spent on more important things I personally just hate how corrupt the system is and how almost all rich people can get away with almost everything bc they have attorneys that know how to get thru every single loop hole known to man. And us middle man guys do not get the same treatment because our pockets are not as fat.

We all know he was enhanced but the justice department should be spending out tax dollars elsewhere. 5 years millions of dollars and the government came out with congress behind them and couldn't implicate. War on crime lol. This country is turning to worse shit than it is and If Obama is re-elected another 20 years of trickle effect. Wouldn't these government assholes be real Hero's if they had taken that money and fed homeless children? Told Clemens behind doors to keep quiet and spend some community time to inspire kids. Wtf this shit makes me ill as a taxpayer and voter knowing my time and effort to survive contributed to this indictment. Fuck em. They are all crooks and Clemens wouldn't get on his knees. Good for him. Mac spit in their faces now clemens and then Bonds when it's said and done. Other countries rightfully laugh at us. Ha ha.

What a waste of money and time,what the hell is congress doing investigating baseball anyway,I think they have a lot more shit to worry about like stopping this country from going to hell in a hand basket. Fucking morons !

Congress's next target: people who J walk on desserted streets. They are sending a message of anarchy to our precious children. They must be stopped!

Clemmens is already fucked. I don't believe he is ever going to the Hall of fame. What's left for him now other than $100million and 15 year old girls?

Turns out McGuire was the smartest guy in the room when he said he wasn't going to talk about the past.

I don't know, did steroid use give more of a competitive advantage over the past greats than not allowing minorities in the league?

Oh, excuse me. I'm sounding like I give a fuck.

Nice to see the witchhunt over, and wasting our damn money....what a fukking waste.

...wonder who their next target is:banghead:

If the justice dept came after me with all their resources, I do not have the means or ability to defend myself the way Roger did. I'm glad he got away with it because I don't care if he did or didn't use and it's good they couldn't bully him. Let's not forget also who started this whole chain of events in motion.....Jose Conseco by being a rat and writing a book naming names after he was done with baseball cause he needed money. That is inexcusable in my book. My favorite part of the trial is when Pettitte stated, " I could have only 50% right in my recollection of the conversation." this is after sworn deposition and a previous trial. HA!

What's left for him now other than $100million and 15 year old girls?

Nice! So...he's got it all:D

Women and money, plus a lifetime of fame and admiration, playing a game and doing basically whatever he wanted. Then tops it off with a suuweeet goodbye "Fuck You" to the government for violating his private business, because he did his job he did as he saw fit and then kept his mouth shut.

Great case for not saying shit about anything, ever. Love it!

He wins!

Bummer that congress made us pay for another fruitless misadventure. In companies I've worked for, when you spend millions and take a loss, you get fired.

Hey atleast they didn't spend as much money on this guy as they did with Barry bonds. 75 million was spent on bonds. Not even half of that was spent on Roger.

Kills me people are starving from job to job and trying to support their families and they go on a good ol witch hunt. We can tell where the priorities are for some government officials. It's funny every person I ask about it says who gives a shit if he did do it.

Look, Barry Bonds and Clemens are 2 different cases. Clemens was told by his attorney..."do not go to Washington to testify on your own behalf!" I'm sorry, but Clemens asked for trouble. Yes, I agree...it was poor money spent...but Clemens went looking for it...Bonds, didn't want anything to do with it. But they kept Banging on Bonds' door...

I just wanna mis-remember this whole Clemens circus sideshow

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity