over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Roger Clemens

rotty.. i know what you are talking about.. but, as a example... my father sued a guy for defamation of character.. the guy was not "malice" with what he was saying but, the accusation was false and could have been "potentially hurtful in regards to income and stature in his community"..(the words by the judge in the verdict).. now, the trainer may not have been trying to hurt clemens (malice) but, what he said to a investigator could most diffinitely be hurtful to clemens in regards to his status (reputation) and could hurt his potential future income..
now i will admit that sueing this guy is like bleeding a turnip.. he probably has nothing to fork over.. and clemens may be better just letting it go as you state.. but, if a guy "defamed" me with no proof but, what he said he saw.. no collaborating witnesses, no video, ect ect.. (his word against mine) i might also look for a way to hurt him..;)

That is also why I said someone famous or that lives their life in the public eye. It is much more difficult for someone famous to prove the case. Clemens isn't going to lose moneyfrom this, he isn't going to be harmed financially at all and it is going to be almost impossible for him to prove the trainer is lying.

How about this:

Clemens testifies before congress January 16th.

When asked difficult questions:

"My lawyer has asked me not to answer that question due to pending litigation."

This means he doesn't have to lie. Makes sense to me.

That is also why I said someone famous or that lives their life in the public eye. It is much more difficult for someone famous to prove the case. Clemens isn't going to lose moneyfrom this, he isn't going to be harmed financially at all and it is going to be almost impossible for him to prove the trainer is lying.

I agree it will be impossible for him to prove it. Its a little different for McNamee in that he did not just come out and accuse Clemens of doing steroids, the feds came to him with questions and he told them the truth. I think that's a little different than straight up slander.

How about this:

Clemens testifies before congress January 16th.

When asked difficult questions:

"My lawyer has asked me not to answer that question due to pending litigation."

This means he doesn't have to lie. Makes sense to me.

Well, Congress will grant him immunity to testify because they aren't looking to punish him. They just want answers. So there isn't any question he shouldn't be able to answer. If they ask him whether or not he ever did steroids that response won't fly. He has already said on numerous occassions that it never happened and with immunity, unless he lies, he has no reason to avoid the question. If he does say something like that they will ask him about his 60 minutes interview where he said no. The fact that he has filed a lawsuit about this means he has painted himself into a corner. He has to answer the question under oath, whether it's in front of Congress or in front of a judge he will have to at some point answer the question under oath. If he doesn't answer questions in front of Congress I think it will hurt is credibilty

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity