over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ron Paul Trying to change the laws on Raw Milk

madmick

Registered
Educate yourself on Ron Paul!!!

Statement Introducing Unpasteurized Milk Bill, HR 1830

Statement Introducing Unpasteurized Milk Bill, HR 1830

By RonPaul.com on May 16, 2011

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation that allows the shipment and distribution of unpasteurized milk and milk products for human consumption across state lines. This legislation removes an unconstitutional restraint on farmers who wish to sell or otherwise distribute, and people who wish to consume, unpasteurized milk and milk products.

Hard as it is to believe, the federal government is actually spending time and money prosecuting small businesses for the “crime” of meeting their customers’ demand for unpasteurized milk! Recently the Food and Drug Administration conducted a year-long sting operation targeting Rainbow Acres Farms in Pennsylvania. As a result of this action, Rainbow Acres’ customers will no longer be able to purchase unpasteurized milk from this small Amish farm.

Mr. Speaker, many Americans who the government wishes to deny the ability to purchase unpasteurized milk have done their own research and come to the conclusion that unpasteurized milk is healthier than pasteurized milk. These Americans have the right to consume these products without having the federal government second-guess their judgment about what products best promote health. If there are legitimate concerns about the safety of unpasteurized milk, those concerns should be addressed at the state and local level.

I urge my colleagues to join me in promoting individual rights, the original intent of the Constitution, and federalism by cosponsoring my legislation to allow the interstate shipment of unpasteurized milk and milk products for human consumption.

Text of the bill:

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1830

To authorize the interstate traffic of unpasteurized milk and milk products that are packaged for direct human consumption.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

May 11, 2011

Mr. PAUL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce

A BILL

To authorize the interstate traffic of unpasteurized milk and milk products that are packaged for direct human consumption.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. INTERSTATE TRAFFIC OF UNPASTEURIZED MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS.

(a) Sale Allowed- Notwithstanding the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (21 U.S.C. 301 et seq.), section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 264), and any regulations or other guidance issued under such Act or section, a Federal department, agency, or court may not take any action (such as administrative, civil, criminal, or other actions) that would prohibit, interfere with, regulate, or otherwise restrict the interstate traffic of milk, or a milk product, that is unpasteurized and packaged for direct human consumption, if such restriction is based on the determination that, solely because such milk or milk product is unpasteurized, such milk or milk product is adulterated, misbranded, or otherwise in violation of Federal law.

(b) Definitions- In this section, the following definitions apply:

(1) The terms `interstate traffic’, `milk’, and `milk product’ have the meanings given those terms in section 1240.3 of title 21, Code of Federal Regulations (as in effect on the date of enactment of this Act).

(2) The term `packaged for direct human consumption’ means milk and milk products that are packaged for the final consumer and intended for human consumption. Such term does not include milk and milk products that are packaged for additional processing, including pasteurization, before being consumed by humans.

(3) The term `pasteurized’ means the process of heating milk and milk products to the applicable temperature specified in the tables contained in section 1240.61 of title 21, Code of Federal Regulations (or successor regulations), and held continuously at or above that temperature for at least the corresponding specified time in such tables.

Last edited:
seriously guys....how the fu*K is he not our president? it's like he is the ONLY guy that has any common sense....

seriously guys....how the fu*K is he not our president? it's like he is the ONLY guy that has any common sense....

no shit right? he is the only politician that always gives the right answer. whenever RP is asked a question during a debate you can always guess what he is going to say, bc he speaks common fucking sense truth. he speaks from a set morales and beliefs dictated by the constitution, which is a very intelligently written, and forward thinking set of rules for the government. those rules are the most important aspect of our country, we can't leave it up to human nature that's for sure. RP understands the importance of that lesson learned from history....seems most other politicians are always wanting to bend and disregard the law of the land. they suck. RP for prez!

no shit right? he is the only politician that always gives the right answer. whenever RP is asked a question during a debate you can always guess what he is going to say, bc he speaks common fucking sense truth. he speaks from a set morales and beliefs dictated by the constitution, which is a very intelligently written, and forward thinking set of rules for the government. those rules are the most important aspect of our country, we can't leave it up to human nature that's for sure. RP understands the importance of that lesson learned from history....seems most other politicians are always wanting to bend and disregard the law of the land. they suck. RP for prez!

unfortunately he is the only guy ever been close to serve that isn't a fucking lying dirt-bag puppet.

This guy is great. How come not everyboby votes for him?

When I talk to sheeple about RP they all look at me like I'm nuts...say wow he is a little intense? I mean get rid of the IRS? Legalize drugs? sounds crazy.....then you start explaining what that would mean....they kinda get it but literally these people could be distracted by a shiny nickle....we are fucked...now the lazy fucks in this country learned if they vote they get more shit....

When I talk to sheeple about RP they all look at me like I'm nuts...say wow he is a little intense? I mean get rid of the IRS? Legalize drugs? sounds crazy.....then you start explaining what that would mean....they kinda get it but literally these people could be distracted by a shiny nickle....we are fucked...now the lazy fucks in this country learned if they vote they get more shit....

Well said. If you tell these people that RP will help get the private sector going again, resulting in more jobs in the U.S. and they will have a great chance to get back to work at 40+ hours a week. They think about it, and realized that if they re-elect the bozo in office now and another lib after that, they NEVER have to work again! People, once dependent on the gvt, don't want to work anymore

He has my vote, thats for sure. I voted for him last time too and gave about $300 to his campaign. If we all want to support him and give him the best chance of winning, we all need to donate some decent cash. He needs money to compete against the Neo Cons.

All i will say is.......As an owner of multiple businesses, i know who i WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR......And im not talking about RP.

RPx10

he really is an amazing man who would be a terrific leader for our country. If only he was 15 years younger I think his victory would be a slamdunk

People tend to get upset when you present them with information that threatens their little bubble of "reality".

unfortunately, when people lik RP, common sense idealists, get elected to political office they are not able to accomplish much because they have to navigate the mountains of bullshit, greed, and self interest. And there is so much of it out there. Maybe if we start electing more people like him we could actually change things.
M2M:cool:

you write well yourself! well said

unfortunately, when people lik RP, common sense idealists, get elected to political office they are not able to accomplish much because they have to navigate the mountains of bullshit, greed, and self interest. And there is so much of it out there. Maybe if we start electing more people like him we could actually change things.
M2M:cool:

Good point. There are so many influential people who would be threatened by him.

Ron Paul

Hey did anyone see the debate a week or so ago? I believe it was in S Carolina. The wife and I were looking at each other wondering who the f**k that Rick Santorum was? and laughing when Ron Paul made the
question and the person asking it, look stupid regaurding his position on drugs, the war on drugs and the Federal governments role. We think RP is pretty amazing in the way he speaks of the Government doing its job as it is instructed in the constitution. I think he has an understanding of how and what the roles of Government are ,and that most of us have no clue.
LEX , I know exactly what your talking about. I tend to think those people are the ones that voted us into the position we are in now! something like 60% of Americans don't pay TAXES? women who live on welfare but spit out babies every year with out a Father , the government tells us what we can swallow ? what we can eat ? when we can retire and if we get any of our money (they have been taking)back. Hell I thought it was "our Pursuit of Happiness" not theirs!
Texas is lucky to have a Senator like Ron Paul, here in Georgia we have hacks that don't know which political party they belong to much less what's good for the people. spend more..and big goevernment that'll do it.
pbr

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic