advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman - as natural as it gets. (first contest video)

rippedyearround

Verified Customer
Verified Customer
Was browsing around on youtube, and came across these videos of Ronnie at the 1990 Metroplex(?) contest in Texas. This is him working on/performing his posing routine. While we won't ever know for sure if he is chemically unassisted, this can give us an idea of the naturally freaky genetics of this beast. Sadly, most of us won't ever achieve this level of muscle even on horrendous dosages (well...maybe on horrendous dosages).

Practicing Posing(1990):
YouTube - Ronnie Coleman prepared for his first contest

At the show:
YouTube - Ronnie Coleman First Contest at the 1990 Metroplex Classic

A few years later (1997):
YouTube - Ronnie Coleman First Training Video.flv

Wheter he was natural or just starting to get into gear doesn't matter. His genetic potential was unmatched, and probably will be for some time.

He's definitely made some major changes over the years!

One thing Ive notice about Colemans progression in size ( and as you can see there is a huge difference over time in size) is the large gains he made was directly proportionate to his increase in leg size. The bigger his legs got the bigger everything else got..
I remember Franco Columbo stating in his book on training that if you wanted to get bigger everywhere else... you had to gain size in your legs.

One of the greatest of all time. But i would not bet that he was natural in these videos

Most guys are not "natural" if they are going to compete. Most of us on here dont even compete yet we use gear. Unless you specifically enter a drug free contest, odds are you are not natural. And even then, some of those "drug free" guys are beating the system.

I doubt he was natural there. Why compete with guys who are juicing if you're natural? Just doesn't make sense.

Personally I prefer the early physique opposed to the latest one somebody posted of him guest posing at a contest looking pregnant in a pink g-string and combat boots doing the splits:eek:

I understand the MASS is what brought his bodybuilding success,but personally I prefer the look of a body that also looks athletic, functional and healthy,not pregnant and sucking for air constantly.

Last edited:
I can admit that I was insanely impressed with the 2003 Coleman, when his size reached never before seen proportions.

BUT, I would still rather look like Flex Wheeler with a bigger back. And I think if Flex had managed to get that monster back, he would've won the O at least once.

Personally I prefer the early physique opposed to the latest one somebody posted of him guest posing at a contest looking pregnant in a pink g-string and combat boots doing the splits:eek:

I understand the MASS is what brought his bodybuilding success,but personally I prefer the look of a body that also looks athletic, functional and healthy,not pregnant and sucking for air constantly.

exactly what came to my mind watching the first clips.

never thought id see a video of ronnie where his legs are lagging LOL

serious potential, you could see it

i personly think ronnies greatest physique was 1997, wasnt the biggest guy around but his portions and symetry IMO coudl beat flex wheeler

YouTube - Ronnie Coleman 1997 Gym Posing

^^^^^ favourite video of ronnie posing

Last edited:
I doubt he was natural there. Why compete with guys who are juicing if you're natural? Just doesn't make sense.

I used to workout at the original Metroflex back in 96-99 & I once had a long conversation with Brian about Ronnie being natural. Maybe some of the older guys here may remember that for the first few years of Ronnie being a pro all the articles/ads about him all said he was natural! Brian told me point blank that Ronnie was natural until well after he was a pro! And that it was his then girlfriend Vicky Gates who encouraged him to start using gear cause he wasn't wasn't even placing in the top 10 in any major pro contest. She basically told him "if you wanna be succcessfull you have to use"!!!
Soon after starting his use of gear he won the Canada Pro Cup in 1995 and that's when MetRx gave him his 1st contract. The rest is history!!!

I used to workout at the original Metroflex back in 96-99 & I once had a long conversation with Brian about Ronnie being natural. Maybe some of the older guys here may remember that for the first few years of Ronnie being a pro all the articles/ads about him all said he was natural! Brian told me point blank that Ronnie was natural until well after he was a pro! And that it was his then girlfriend Vicky Gates who encouraged him to start using gear cause he wasn't wasn't even placing in the top 10 in any major pro contest. She basically told him "if you wanna be succcessfull you have to use"!!!
Soon after starting his use of gear he won the Canada Pro Cup in 1995 and that's when MetRx gave him his 1st contract. The rest is history!!!

Wow thats just crazy. If true, then he probably had the best genetics ever seen in bodybuilding. Good god that just unreal and unheard of. I still don't kow what to make of it, but more power to Ronnie if it's true.

in the latest MD issue, he says he was still natural when he got his pro card and Doggcrapp confirmed this once on this forum...so that would make him natural in the video

in the latest MD issue, he says he was still natural when he got his pro card and Doggcrapp confirmed this once on this forum...so that would make him natural in the video

lol yea, just like wen markus ruhl said he never used synthol HA

What I think a lot of people miss is the fact that in these guys heads they really believe they were natural until they started to run large doses of several compounds year round. Id bet when a lot of todays pros started cycling with moderate doses they would still consider themselves natural. I personally know guys that will say they only use test so they are natural. I feel like the longer and heavier doses we use we get it in our heads that when we were running lower doses it "didnt really count"
But Ronnie had some crazy genetics obviously..He was huge back in those vids, and his body just let him keep growing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity