over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman talks PEDs in the 90s

Ok so if you listen to that entire interview and the others that have been posted in this thread you start to see that these guys really didn't take a boat load of gear. The dosages were actually somewhat low compared to what many here advocate. 300-400 test/wk, 1-2 tabs of Anadrol/day, couple amps of Parabolin per week. Couple shows per year and they actually came off now and again.

Ronnies story in the plane though...that sounded like classic hypoglycemia yet he said he rarely used insulin?

Seems to me this all comes down to superior genetics and having the iron will to commit to the diet/lifestyle. Massive dosages seem to be a recent phenomenon and likely responsible for so many younger guys passing away. I suspect we'll continue to see more of these massmonsters kick the bucket chasing ever greater size & definition.

"The scars of others should teach us caution -St Jerome"

That's assuming that the doses they admit to using are accurate.

I figure, if a guy is committing his life to being the best bodybuilder he can be, he'll generally take as much juice as he can handle. At the upper echelons of competition the difference between first and last place is so small, why would anyone put a limit on the amount of juice they're gonna take?

The sport has seen a lot of genetic phenoms but only one Ronnie. Were his genetics so far beyond those of anyone else? Or did he just push the envelope further, with the training/gear/food?

I figure, if a guy is committing his life to being the best bodybuilder he can be, he'll generally take as much juice as he can handle. At the upper echelons of competition the difference between first and last place is so small, why would anyone put a limit on the amount of juice they're gonna take?

The sport has seen a lot of genetic phenoms but only one Ronnie. Were his genetics so far beyond those of anyone else? Or did he just push the envelope further, with the training/gear/food?
Gee, what could possibly be the reason?!

I understand the logic but it doesn't apply to everyone. Just because someone has the cahnce to be a top pro or even win the biggest comps it doesn't mean they all will simply take everything they can to make sure they do. Most guys value their health and have limits. But sure most will push the limits and that includes genetic freaks as well. There is this belief by so many on here that genetic freaks will take low doses because they don't need high doses. Obviously many of them will use tiny doses and they could beat 99% of people doing so. However most people at that level are pushing it but many guys far below them are taking double and will never even win an amateur show.

I believe what is said about the likes of Ronnie Coleman and Kai Greene. But I also think you would have to be an idiot not to believe they have both pushed the limits in every department. Ronnie Coleman at his biggest was not on low doses. In fact I would guess he was abusing everything he could to be the best and stay the best. It's fairly common knowledge that Kai Greene has abused as well. Plus these are 2 guys that may have turned pro natural and looked great without drugs.

Ronnie was the best not because he just pushed gear, food and training but his genetics. 99% of people could eat 100%, train 100% and takes 10 grams of gear and they would look nothing like Ronnie Coleman did. Some guys look even worst the more drugs they take. Some guys are simply freaks and you can tell a few months into them starting weight training and/or taking a standard AAS cycle that everyone else uses. If someone is one of those freaks they probably don't need many drugs to reach most of their limit in regards to muscle mass and condition.

Ronnie was the best not because he just pushed gear, food and training but his genetics. 99% of people could eat 100%, train 100% and takes 10 grams of gear and they would look nothing like Ronnie Coleman did. Some guys look even worst the more drugs they take. Some guys are simply freaks and you can tell a few months into them starting weight training and/or taking a standard AAS cycle that everyone else uses. If someone is one of those freaks they probably don't need many drugs to reach most of their limit in regards to muscle mass and condition.

Very true. I have met very few guys like this, must be very rare. Never known one well. One that really impressed me was a running back on my college's football team. He looked like he could compete on stage at just about any moment and ate like crap. He trained with weights, but really only did what they made him do in football. He was natural. He looked better than a lot of guys I know that juiced, including me. I used to wonder how great he would look if he started using. His dad visited the campus one day and I could see where he got his genes. His dad was big and jacked too, had huge big bowling balls for biceps.

My first thought was "This guy bounces his bodyweight 34 times."

It isn’t a powerlifting meet. They know what is allowed and are coached how to perform best in the tests within those limits. There’s actually a high paying market for combine prep coaching.

It isn’t a powerlifting meet. They know what is allowed and are coached how to perform best in the tests within those limits. There’s actually a high paying market for combine prep coaching.

Thanks for straightening that out, Roy. Could have sworn by NFL combine, it really meant powerlifting meet.....

Professional Bodybuilding,, the only sport in the world where being a hyper responder to drugs qualifies as great genetics. Let’s see how many get mad at me for saying it :rolleyes:

Professional Bodybuilding,, the only sport in the world where being a hyper responder to drugs qualifies as great genetics. Let’s see how many get mad at me for saying it :rolleyes:

I mean they are great genetics for building muscle lol

Might not be for solving the Poincare Conjecture, winning 18 grand slams or breaking the nfl combine.

But in the sport of “bodybuilding”; that is part of having good genetics. Because chemically it’s more dependent; it’s not a game of skill or IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean they are great genetics for building muscle lol

Might not be for solving the Poincare Conjecture, winning 18 grand slams or breaking the nfl combine.

But in the sport of “bodybuilding”; that is part of having good genetics. Because chemically it’s more dependent; it’s not a game of skill or IQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, definitely a big part of the bodybuilding puzzle.

I just don’t understand why those who take mediocre dosed cycles that haven’t achieved a high level physique feel the need to comment it’s “80% diet, 10% training, 10%drugs” when it’s clearly not.

Especially when they read what these perfect law abiding never lied a day in their life pros lay out there past cycles.

If they told the truth, the same ppl saying GENETICS GENETICS , would be saying, I would be pro also if I took that much :D

why do you assume the more gear = better bb'er?
more is not always better, im sure im not the only one to expereicne that. :lightbulb:

why do you assume the more gear = better bb'er?
more is not always better, im sure im not the only one to expereicne that. :lightbulb:

Why was more gear not better for you? Did you become catabolic at a certain high dose or were side effects to blame? I’m guessing if side effects can be controlled more gear will absolutely make a better Bodybuilder and whoever says any different is in some serious denial

Why was more gear not better for you? Did you become catabolic at a certain high dose or were side effects to blame? I’m guessing if side effects can be controlled more gear will absolutely make a better Bodybuilder and whoever says any different is in some serious denial

its like any drug bro more is not always more better, think alcahol or whatever. lol probably your first or 2nd drink was waaay better then the 20t. lol

with aas it is individual as to what sides. i have been taking aas for....15-20 years and run everything from rx trt to 6.5g/wk or so for 3-4 months. just to see. and while that was an interesting cycle 100% it was a waste of gear, unnecesary and probably dangerous.

i think the biggest thing ppl dont know who have not really explored the depths of abuse is that just upping the dose doesnt make you insta bigger, really what i have found is the opposite going way high on the dose makes it harder to get bigger then using a propper dose.

i have always felt that i am a shitty responder to gear too.
probably a person who reacts well to gear has a similar thing happen, aas are great and do there thing, push that and if you push it while pushng wieght and food and all the rest yeah you go further but at some point that stops and is too much.

probably guys like who are being talked about here see that much faster or dont need to see it at all, because the other shit worked! lol

when shit doesnt work like what we think its supposed to we think oh, more drugs...:lightbulb:

id say that applies to more then one person here. it did for me, i tried and really that wasnt the ticket. time, patience and work are the truth and thats boaring. lol

anybody who says more gear will absolutely make you a better body builder clearly lacks expereicne with both gear and bbing. lol :p

What LK3 posted is correct for many people. Just like me who honestly gets better results from 500mg test than 1.5g. The same could be said for many orals and injectables. It makes sense if 100mg of x oral gives me nosebleeds, fatigue and no appetite it's definitely not working for me in the long run. However that's why I tend to use multiple compounds at lower doses these days. Although my gear usage is not high these days.

It is true though the higher the dose (you can handle) means a bigger and better you. Drug response and your ability to handle high doses with minimal sides is extremely important. The problem for many is they simply can't handle those doses/compounds. An example would someone look better on 40mg tren a daily or 200mg tren a daily if they got no bad side effects from both doses. The issue is most can't even handle 100mg tren a daily and the higher they go the more it goes against them until they have to stop. I have known a few guys who had to stop tren due to anxiety (etc) but they loved the physical results.

Big A's wording was spot on in his post. The forum is like that again. It's always like that but we have waves of bullshit and people posting who simply have no fucking clue. I don't care what people run but I appreciate honesty and guys will see from my posts I don't disbelieve the low dose stories or the x pro was natural at this show. I know there are some (many) genetic freaks out there. However I also know that most bodybuilders above a certain standard are abusing themselves or have done in the past to attain their physique. That's why when guys freak out about 6 gram cycles it's literally nothing to me as so many run those cycles. No one posts about it though. Even a lot of the guys who are fairly honest about stuff and state they done this and that, I can still tell some of them bullshit.

Many guys are using lower (very low) doses in parts of the season now but they all eventually come back up. I have heard it all and out of many freaky guys over the years the lowest dose cycle I have heard was 2 grams. It's worth nothing guys forget their pasts and maintaining is very different to building. But 2 grams is low for someone huge and ripped make no mistake about it. If if you knew all the top pro's you still would haven't have a clue what they truly run. I would love one of the freakiest guy on here to post what he run for his last contest prep but I know he can't but it may open some eyes a bit more. It should go without stating I also know 100% guys like Dexter, Ronnie, Flex etc could have run a max of 300mg their entire life and still look better than 99% of bodybuilders.

Guys you will go around in circles debating this subject. I done it for years but I am past caring now. It's a massive spectrum. As posted above even the freakiest guys who may have turned pro natural have abused themselves hoping more was better and for many it helped them attain their goals. I think most guys on here who have abused learnt from it and take much lower doses these days because they realized it's not really worth it. I was never really bad but I can get the same results on approx 1g of gear than I can on 2.5g so why not use the lower amount. Plus I don't mind going up in dose at all and I am very open. I wanted to try 200-300mg avar per day at one point fairly recently just because I thought it would be a cool log but the sides are too rough even at 60-100mg so I never bothered. If tren didn't give me any side effects I would definitely run it at a high dose just to see what it done to me as well. But now I think I can run 20-50mg ed of 4 or so compounds and get good results so that's what I tend to do. Bulking for me now would be 500mg test and 400mg deca maybe with an oral thrown in and maybe some slin around training. In the past I always wanted to try something like 3 grams of test and 2 grams of deca (never did) so it shows how are thoughts change as we get older.

I do know the test dose of one of the biggest guys from the 90's and this was told to my source by the guy himself and it was 7 grams of test. Again there is a whole spectrum (total dose) and I wouldn't even pretend to know details I just know the range would be massive from maybe 2 grams to probably about 20 grams or something stupid like that (there is always one crazy person).

Last edited:
its like any drug bro more is not always more better, think alcahol or whatever. lol probably your first or 2nd drink was waaay better then the 20t. lol

with aas it is individual as to what sides. i have been taking aas for....15-20 years and run everything from rx trt to 6.5g/wk or so for 3-4 months. just to see. and while that was an interesting cycle 100% it was a waste of gear, unnecesary and probably dangerous.

i think the biggest thing ppl dont know who have not really explored the depths of abuse is that just upping the dose doesnt make you insta bigger, really what i have found is the opposite going way high on the dose makes it harder to get bigger then using a propper dose.

i have always felt that i am a shitty responder to gear too.
probably a person who reacts well to gear has a similar thing happen, aas are great and do there thing, push that and if you push it while pushng wieght and food and all the rest yeah you go further but at some point that stops and is too much.

probably guys like who are being talked about here see that much faster or dont need to see it at all, because the other shit worked! lol

when shit doesnt work like what we think its supposed to we think oh, more drugs...:lightbulb:

id say that applies to more then one person here. it did for me, i tried and really that wasnt the ticket. time, patience and work are the truth and thats boaring. lol

anybody who says more gear will absolutely make you a better body builder clearly lacks expereicne with both gear and bbing. lol :p

Comparing alcohol to gear... come on man lol.

Famous quote by a famous bodybuilder “take as much growth hormone as you can afford” guess he was a bad responder also that lacked bbing experience..

Obviously there’s diminishing amounts but not at 1500-2grams total aas.

Promuscle should now be called hobbymuscle

No wonder the elite aren’t open on here about what they take. Except for the one or 2 common names on here that advocate extremely safe amounts

Last edited:
Comparing alcohol to gear... come on man lol.

Famous quote by a famous bodybuilder “take as much growth hormone as you can afford” guess he was a bad responder also that lacked bbing experience..

Obviously there’s diminishing amounts but not at 1500-2grams total aas.

Promuscle should now be called hobbymuscle

No wonder the elite aren’t open on here about what they take. Except for the one or 2 common names on here that advocate extremely safe amounts

Plus that quoted bodybuilder (hgh) is one that preaches he used low doses and is shocked at the doses of today. Whilst the later may be true I am sure he abused himself as well especially when chasing Ronnie for all those years. He would obviously never say that hgh comment in an interview and it was to a fellow bb in private. It's very rare that any top pro's will be honest especially when still competing plus many seem to forget their past as well.

I can't blame them either because of all the idiots. They state they took as much hgh as they could afford and that becomes the reason they won all their shows in peoples minds. Don't get me started on SEO usage and the amount of guys injecting that daily who would never even admit to researching it online. Again I can't blame them because overnight it becomes the reason why they have such big arms or whatever body part.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member