advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman's Pre-Surgery post, 9 hrs ago...

Well, I for one have not done a shit ton of gear. Also for what a plastic trophy? Like you said not ONE will ever be in his league so why take abusive amounts. The key is how old is he to have hip replacement? Secondly this is just the tip of the iceberg, what other issues will he have, including possible premature death? It is his choice and others can chose to do so as well. So if taking a shit-ton of gear to possibly win a plastic trophy after x years is your thing, so be it. IMO, one can be a BB and be passionate about it without jeopardizing your health. To the contrary, the lifestyle can prolong your life. Many of you eat organic, many get blood tests, many do cardio, etc. However taking 2G of gear a week, 20 IUs of GH, painkillers to mask injuries, taking stimulants for years will catch up to. I wonder what the average age of death is for pro BBs? At the end it is your decision and I, personally, respect your decision even though I may disagree. :)

I think a shit ton of money came with that plastic trophy too. I'm not saying it was worth it for not for him. That's for Ronnie to decide. But just a plastic trophy doesn't sound to accurate to me.

I remember reading recently in Ron's monthly mag column where he stated he couldn't do squats or deadlifts anymore and usually didn't go above 275lbs. on bench presses so things definitely took its tool over the years.

I think a shit ton of money came with that plastic trophy too. I'm not saying it was worth it for not for him. That's for Ronnie to decide. But just a plastic trophy doesn't sound to accurate to me.

Ohhh yes you are correct, Ronnie, Cutler and the other elite BB obviously got much more. However most pros don't get much really. At the end of the day it is for one to decide for themselves. I guess there are many who fail to accept that they will never be pros yet use damaging amounts of PEDs. Not for me at least.

He said his Hips were bothering him... Which AAS destroy the hips ? Everyone wants to jump on the drugs bandwagon, and I am sure those issues are present with Ronnie, but he didn't say his liver, Kidneys, Diabetes etc.

My uncle's girlfriend had her hip replaced and she can squat. The doctors encourage her to do squats. I think Ronnie wil be squatting again in much less pain.

For those who preach here. Give me a freaking break!!!
The spirit of competition that drives some of us has nothing to do with a damn plastic trophy. Get over yourself! Our society is filled with obesity and those who have diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc., from not living their dream, from just living life as they choose. Die at 40, die at 80, you're still going to die. Do what makes you happy while you live.

Last edited:
I love RC, that era of BB was the best. BB and the drugs are just another form of addiction. If you keep pressing even after warnings you're gonna end up paying in the future, just like any drug.

He said his Hips were bothering him... Which AAS destroy the hips ? Everyone wants to jump on the drugs bandwagon, and I am sure those issues are present with Ronnie, but he didn't say his liver, Kidneys, Diabetes etc.

Powerlifting took it's toll.

Well, I for one have not done a shit ton of gear. Also for what a plastic trophy? Like you said not ONE will ever be in his league so why take abusive amounts. The key is how old is he to have hip replacement? Secondly this is just the tip of the iceberg, what other issues will he have, including possible premature death? It is his choice and others can chose to do so as well. So if taking a shit-ton of gear to possibly win a plastic trophy after x years is your thing, so be it. IMO, one can be a BB and be passionate about it without jeopardizing your health. To the contrary, the lifestyle can prolong your life. Many of you eat organic, many get blood tests, many do cardio, etc. However taking 2G of gear a week, 20 IUs of GH, painkillers to mask injuries, taking stimulants for years will catch up to. I wonder what the average age of death is for pro BBs? At the end it is your decision and I, personally, respect your decision even though I may disagree. :)

I guess we could just play it safe and then one day get hit by a drunk driver.
Life is dangerous and risky, no matter how you live it.

Hip Surgery is not caused by steroids!

My 90 year old Mom had hip surgery and was able to walk afterwards. Lets just keep Ronnie in our prayers and cut out the BS.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

saw this post today and it touched me

Ronnie truly did what he loved and he is a god fearing man and I think a great ambassador of the sport. I cant imagine anyone EVER having the size and conditioning he brought to the stage. he set a bar that is so high.... I could talk about when I met him and what we talked about and meeting his mom etc but suffice to say Ronnie is a an incredible bodybuilder and a great man.
speedy recover RON KING COLEMAN
-JS

We are different persons with different views of life at 25 vs 35 vs 45. How can you as a 25-30 year old say "no, I will not risk sacrificing my health for 8 Mr. O's so I can liver a longer life" when nobody can foresee in the future how many years you really are going to live even drug free? If you take the choice of health in your young age, do you think you would regret not taking the chance looking back as a 45 year old? Does anybody think that Ronnie in 97 after Yates' retirement even thought of the idea of giving up now with the throne vacant? Would any of you? Choices, choices...

Haney and Yates ares till going strong. It is a mind fuck....

Probably more the fact he was squatting 800 plus lbs 2 weeks out from the olympia and god knows how much in the off season. I think he was a power lifter also before he went into bodybuilding. He had insane strength genetics and with lots of gear amplifying this I guess his hips and stuff couldn't keep up

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
All y'all saying ronnie might not be the smartest have got to be the biggest simpletons ever! Do you know him personally! Are you his father, bestfriend, or mother.. you don't know his mental intelligence you only have your perception on his mediated thoughts and expressions.. just because he hasn't expressed his complete thoughts like Kai Greene or Jay doesn't mean he ain't the smartest.. to me he is the smartest because he is the best! To be that damn good there ain't no way in hell he's stupid.. he's smart by not expressing himself like a pity party like Kai.. that's how a champion thinks... Ronnie is the king and anyone who got anything to say against him is talking shit about bodybuilding itself! Because he is bodybuilding motherfuckers!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Ronnie truly did what he loved and he is a god fearing man and I think a great ambassador of the sport. I cant imagine anyone EVER having the size and conditioning he brought to the stage. he set a bar that is so high.... I could talk about when I met him and what we talked about and meeting his mom etc but suffice to say Ronnie is a an incredible bodybuilder and a great man.
speedy recover RON KING COLEMAN
-JS

Right on Johnny Smiles, That's the King right there. God fearing, hard working champion.... You wanna know something personal about me... when I wake up at 6A.M and don't wanna slam that meal or that huge shake.. I think in my head ... WWRCD!!.... What would Ronnie Coleman do? ... then what you guys think comes next.. my ass is getting up do in it

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

As much as I respect what he accomplished, he doesn't seem like the smartest of individuals out there. Your health and well-being is more important then anything.

To you... That's why you will never be the greatest mr Olympia ever. Do not insult a mans intelligence because he made sacrifices in life to accomplish his dreams!

My father has had both hips replaced twice. Surgery is routine.

Also this doesn't have anything to do with his lifestyle, IMO.

I have arthritis in both my hips too just like my dad had.

Who knows what Ronnie's genetic predisposition was in this situation.

At time of my shoulder surgery my ortho said athletes usually get 40yrs out of ball/socket joints because of wear and tear. Our bodies were never designed to "train", nor were we designes to live as long as we do. Modern medicine (hormones like aas included) have allowed us to do things and live longer than our bodies design.

Tell me if you put your pedal to the floor in a car for over 8yrs straight that parts wont break... same idea in my opinion. Ron spent years with his foot to the floor to win the races. He knew what he was in for. I respect him to the fullest as most will never even put the pedal halfway down.

I think double hip replacement. By his post you'd think he was having major spine or brain surgery. Hip surgery is pretty routine nowadays, I wish him well but we all eventually pay the piper for our ways. By the way, I can't stand when athletes compare their sports to going to war, I've never been a soldier but I am sure nothing compares so when athletes talk this way I find it insulting.

although not as life threatening as the examples you gave it is one of the more gruesome invasive procedures done in the OR alongside amputations. Pretty much like out of a seen of the Saw movie- bone sawing, snapping and crunching. nasty shit and a very high risk for bleeding out and hemorrhaging for something so routine.

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner