YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ronnie Coleman's Pre-Surgery post, 9 hrs ago...

My uncle's girlfriend had her hip replaced and she can squat. The doctors encourage her to do squats. I think Ronnie wil be squatting again in much less pain.

For those who preach here. Give me a freaking break!!!
The spirit of competition that drives some of us has nothing to do with a damn plastic trophy. Get over yourself! Our society is filled with obesity and those who have diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, etc., from not living their dream, from just living life as they choose. Die at 40, die at 80, you're still going to die. Do what makes you happy while you live.

Hey JJ how are you. One of my monday morning leg day buds has a hip replacement. He is 51 yrs old . The hip was done about 2 yrs or so ago.
He does squat into the 600's for reps. For the guys that like to pick the accomplished apart after their prime? Really? The ones who strive and succeed are the ones always taking the jabs . I'll bet you the exteme sports athletes are really a favorite. Better to have lived and lived well .....
T

Ohhh yes you are correct, Ronnie, Cutler and the other elite BB obviously got much more. However most pros don't get much really. At the end of the day it is for one to decide for themselves. I guess there are many who fail to accept that they will never be pros yet use damaging amounts of PEDs. Not for me at least.

Totally agree.

I guess we could just play it safe and then one day get hit by a drunk driver.
Life is dangerous and risky, no matter how you live it.

I run in burning buildings for about $15.00 an hour , how stupid is that ? Lol.

Ronnie

Geardepot I agree 100% with what you wrote, I think along the same lines..
He did what he did because of the love he has for bodybuilding. That desire to be the best & he did become the best.

He threw caution to the wind and did what needed to be done, his name is now carved in stone & will be years before anyone gets close to doing what he has done.

All the best in physical sports have choosen to accept the risks. If you train heavy for 20 years later in life your body will show that wear & tear.

If a genie asked me "would you like to be the most massive bodybuilder in history but your life will end at age 45.....I would accept that wish...

It's price you will need to pay... Who the hell wants to live forever in this world anyway....

As much as I respect what he accomplished, he doesn't seem like the smartest of individuals out there. Your health and well-being is more important then anything.

You don't get where he got with smarts, all heart.
He could have been the average fat ass beat cop that drinks themselves to death.

Ronnie was an awe-inspiring person! Friendly guy. always smiling. I had the privilege to work out at Metroflex gym from 1996-1999, when Ronnie 1st became Mr O, & to watch that man train was incredible! I wish him a speedy recovery! Yeaaa Buddy!!!

Ronnie is so awesome, I wish him the absolute best in this next stage of his life. I bet he continues to lift and has a great time doing it!

Let's get this straight. The value of a human being is not measured by the addition of every little moment, but instead by the highest peak reached! Summitting a thousand small hills will never compare to summitting Everest once!

I can't believe there are those that would question his choice to make the sacrifices he made! Would you say the same about any great athlete? They all sacrifice themselves.

You do know that he graduated with honors in accounting from college right?

Just cuz he talks a certain way doesnt mean he dumb as nails

I have to say, I am a fan of ronnie. He may not be the smartest guy or the sharpest tool in the shed, but when he was at his prime winning Olympias it was something that just left me in awe!.. I think we can all agree that when he came out on stage in 04 ( I think that was the year? I may be wrong), and began to hit his poses I remembered thinking that there is no way any human being will ever match that level of freaky size and conditioning. I remembering looking at him from the back and just could not believe my eyes!

I for one am glad I was around to see such a freak of a human being compete in his prime. I am sure the drugs and the super human workouts he was doing down in Arlington Texas added to his health issues, but he is no fool & you can see by his comments that he knew what he was doing. It was all part of the game and he sure as hell played his hand in that game to its fullest!

Any of you who have met ronnie and spent any level of time with him will know he is a cool kat. I really think his "dumb jock" kinda personality he puts off played in his favor. Chad got ahold of him and told him what to eat, how to train and what to take, and ronnie just said "Ok" & did it! lol...

It will be a while (if ever) that we see another guy come out on stage and dominate the size category and condition catagory the way ronnie did for so many years. I really like the guy as a person and as a bber. He's a god fearing man and has always been really cool to anyone that I know has met him.

I hope the Surgery goes well for him.

side note:
What was the study they did years ago? Something to the effect of asking a bunch of potential olympians (from the olympics) that if they had the chance to win and Olympic Gold metal in their chosen sport but they would only live to be 40 years old, something like 90% of them said they would take the gold metal? I don't know if thats correct, but its something like that....

I would bet most of high performance athletes would say they would take the metal and die in their younger years, but once you get older, have children and begin to realize there is so much more in life I am sure many of these guys would change their mind. maybe not though? what are your guys thoughts???

Yes sir Half the members here doesn't even have a G.E.D. fucking Hater!

Ronnie is so awesome, I wish him the absolute best in this next stage of his life. I bet he continues to lift and has a great time doing it!

Let's get this straight. The value of a human being is not measured by the addition of every little moment, but instead by the highest peak reached! Summitting a thousand small hills will never compare to summitting Everest once!

I can't believe there are those that would question his choice to make the sacrifices he made! Would you say the same about any great athlete? They all sacrifice themselves.

He def went to the top of the Mountain.

Ronnie had some pretty major neck and spine surgery a few years ago.
He will be fine.

Bigger picture- if the thousand small hills get you to your summit?
"I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over"
-Buffet

Last edited:
Long live the KING! Don't talk shit about Ronnie guys that's my hero forreal!

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

I had hip resurfacing done at the age of 39 due to heavy squatting and lots of sports throughout high school, college and thereafter. I have arthritis in both knees and in both elbows and at the age of 43 can still lift, nothing like I use to, just differently. I've been lifting for 29 years and it will take a toll. Only advice I would have is don't lift so heavy so often. I pounded heavy weights every damn day, week in and week out. If I could do it again, I probably would have only gone heavy one week/month. It sucks getting old, especially when your mind still think you can do the shit you used to but you body says no you can't.

I agree with you 100%, Ronnie is no idiot, he's definitely smart. You don't make it as far as he has and be that successful without being smart. He just has a southern accent, so people hate. Even in bodybuilding you need brains to make it that far.

He graduated from Grambling with honors and played football for Eddie Robinson. He also made a smooth transition from being a cop, to a top level bodybuilding competitor, to business owner. I had the chance to meet him once and he was a really nice guy. He will be just fine, he's a champion in life !!!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws