over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

rotator cuff surgery and healing

bigman1

Kilo Klub Member
So if I op to have surgery on my rotator they are saying about 4-6 month recovery and at least 4 months out from gym..for those who have done the surgery would GH, IGF, Peptides etc help recovery and if so which one and how do you suggest taking it. This sucks, i hate taking a day let alone months

Im sure I can at least work on the wheels a bit as long as no strain on the shoulder....

So if I op to have surgery on my rotator they are saying about 4-6 month recovery and at least 4 months out from gym..for those who have done the surgery would GH, IGF, Peptides etc help recovery and if so which one and how do you suggest taking it. This sucks, i hate taking a day let alone months

Im sure I can at least work on the wheels a bit as long as no strain on the shoulder....

Going through 2 tears and surgeries....I don't listen to the doctors much....and I REALLY think that training the opposite side helps A LOT, I have had very little atrophy in my pec (3 and a half weeks post surgery and will start light chest on that side next week)....and had almost none in my bicep.

I posted an extensive thread on this topic here.

Hope it helps.

**broken link removed**

Thank you to both, I have to really think about this and speak to my doctor as I also have CKD and worried will the overload of Anesthesia, pain meds, anti biotics etc wreak havoc on my kidney function. And in reality since I can still do shoulder press etc with machines is the risks worth the reward? I just can not balance a DB in a shoulder press nor can I bench freebar anymore.

If I wait I risk arthritis and shoulder replacement in the far future i assume but will i even live long enough? Im not being morbid Im facing reality :)

Hey bigman, I had my shoulder done on Feb 18, took 2.5 iu of black tops as recovery aide. My doctor was surprised at my speed of recovery. It is a long journey though, but once I was told it was torn, I scheduled the surgery. I had my tricept reattached three years ago and that was only 8 weeks out but this was 12 weeks before I sould even pick up a weight and still told to go easy until August. I am doing about 1/3 weights as before.
Like you, I was still able to do 2 1/2 plates on either side on the hammer press for shoulders, down about a plate and it bothered me but could still get a workout in. Chest I was about 1/2 weight, so at 46 yo and 30 years into this, I figured it would never be the same without surgery.
I have been having a little discomfort this week in my shoulder, I think I am pushing it too much too soon.
I did cardio and legs so I did stay in the gym and to not sit home and get fat. I was kind of hard to load the leg press and to do the motion with the arm contraption they had me wear. I usually took it off to do my set.
Get it done, you will rebound quickly once you return (in size at least). Strength I am still waiting on.

Thanks Up....The funny thing is my shoulders look better now then before Im equating it to dropping heavy weights and watching form bigtime. The other thing is i really do not care about lifting heavy at this point of my life, i use to compete in PL and was a ranked deadlifter so been there done that now I lift for health and to feel, look good.

I know I should suck it up and just get it done

Any other thoughts would be great as well....

Bpc157 and Epitalon. Look into PRP. Amazing

I was doing PRP as soon as I injured it. It did work well, but unfortunately I my damage was too extensive. Is PRP a good option during the recovery period?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner